Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Pandemic Information- Local and Worldwide

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭green daries

How dare you?
    I never said 900 children died. Post something relevant. Read my post. I said children have died in the US. And I said over 6000 adults.

He dares it happens here on the farming forum we don't all agree but we do robust discussion with very polarised views but most people will agree to disagree...but you're just spouting rubbish and it's a great telltale sign that you getting all high and mightily when called out on it everyone is entitled to there own opinion and decisions but give the facts for and against not trupian spin

What really put me off this week was how it was suggested younger people get €150 for taking the vaccine. Doesnt sit well with me at all really, and i saw a headlime on the journal today saying there running lotteries for vaccinated young people with a chance ro win a million dollars as well as other incenrives being offered.
    Things are only just started to open back up and the scaremongering has already began.

Suggested by a head the ball

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Suggested by a head the ball

Still suggested and the same idea being ran in the states.

Better living everyone

Still suggested and the same idea being ran in the states.

It is cos they have a bigger problem with the political division because of trumpisim they believe that the saviour (Donald) doesn't want them to take the vaccince. they won't take it even though trump and his family were amongst the first to be vaccinated

It is cos they have a bigger problem with the political division because of trumpisim they believe that the saviour (Donald) doesn't want them to take the vaccince. they won't take it even though trump and his family were amongst the first to be vaccinated

Ffs poor Donald gets blamed for everything, he hasnt been in the spotlight since he left the white house but he can still be blamed for Americas problems.

Better living everyone

• Advertisement

Ffs poor Donald gets blamed for everything, he hasnt been in the spotlight since he left the white house but he can still be blamed for Americas problems.

Ohh he's still very vocal but we will just say from your point he has nothing to do with it there's still a huge political division in every part of life over there its seems to be especially pronounced when it comes to the antivaxer non covid believers
    That's just what the yank cousins are telling me one of them is in the senate .
    I find it very hard to get my head around such polarisation but his words were there's a better chance of the dup and shenfienn getting on

Ohh he's still very vocal but we will just say from your point he has nothing to do with it there's still a huge political division in every part of life over there its seems to be especially pronounced when it comes to the antivaxer non covid believers
    I find it very hard to get my head around such polarisation but his words were there's a better chance of the dup and shenfienn getting on

Not wanting to derail the thread but it takes two to tango. Theres always rwo sides to it and everyone cant be pleased at the one time someone will always be whinging.

Better living everyone

Not wanting to derail the thread but it takes two to tango. Theres always rwo sides to it and everyone cant be pleased at the one time someone will always be whinging.

I was referring to America

• Registered Users Posts: 6,676 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Fair enough...

But just to answer my questions - you would impose a lockdown where you wouldn't send them to school, nor let them out to any restaurant nor do any sport?

I woudlnt be imposing a lockdown on them, the state would, unless pharmaceutical companies started to take full liability for any side effects of the vaccince, which would be the gold standard that its actually safe for use in childern why would any sane parent vaccinate them against a disease that poses no risk to them

jaymla627 wrote: »
    I woudlnt be imposing a lockdown on them, the state would, unless pharmaceutical companies started to take full liability for any side effects of the vaccince, which would be the gold standard that its actually safe for use in childern why would any sane parent vaccinate them against a disease that poses no risk to them

Plenty other vaccines with state indemnity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

If liability wasn't wipped the 1st gen vaccines would still be in pre trials stage sitting in a cold locker, while lawyers wouldn't let a single ml be loaded into a syringe.

Whats your yank cousins take on the border crisis, for all the man's failings during his presidency Biden scraping all his policies overnight is after leading to some sh**tshow re illegal immigrantion

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

Jesus lads, whatever about Covid, lockdowns and vaccines...
    I have zero interest in talking about Trump...

Jesus lads, whatever about Covid, lockdowns and vaccines...
    I have zero interest in talking about Trump...

But, but Chyyyynaaaaaah, and crooked Hillary, and laptops, and stolen elections!!!!! Believe me!!!

Whats your yank cousins take on the border crisis, for all the man's failings during his presidency Biden scraping all his policies overnight is after leading to some sh**tshow re illegal immigrantion

He's like the rest polarised he is a republican hates trump and what he's done to the party reckons the border is a **** show either way doesn't agree with taking children and babies from parents but now there sending kids over the border on their own he's typical ex Irish generation thinks that it should be controlled and doesn't know how his daughters are completely opposite makes for interesting discussions at the table lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Neddyusa

If liability wasn't wipped the 1st gen vaccines would still be in pre trials stage sitting in a cold locker, while lawyers wouldn't let a single ml be loaded into a syringe.

That's exactly the point Jay, Mahony and others are making here.
    If the companies making them dont stand over them, why would anyone gamble with them on healthy children, who we know are at infinitely low risk from Covid?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

A 50 year old friend got a ministroke the day after his second pfizer jab and was in hospital ten days.
    So be careful out there

wrangler wrote: »
    A 50 year old friend got a ministroke the day after his second pfizer jab and was in hospital ten days.
    So be careful out there

Similar happened the partners sisters mother in-law, have yet to see anything in the media re this side effect our anything from the hse

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

So be careful out there

Hope he’ll be ok …..without going over old ground this is why I think we need to slow down a bit and think re these vaccines ,undoubted short term benefits to halt hospitalisation ,reduce acutely sickness and cut transmission rates but so many big decisions made this week after to be dubious modelling figures by nephet earlier in week .we’ve suddenly just said az and Jansen are fine for use in under 50s despite in a lot of countries not been authorised in under 50/60s and .there is known side affects from it this decision to open it up to under 50s is a big worry …we both have and have on order lots of these ,over 50s mostly covered so we were going to have vacines sitting here we can’t use was this decision based on that and nephet making a call to take a chance and allow under 50s use it
    Now there on about starting vaccinating kids and hints been dropped re not been allowed to school ,sport etc of no vacines ….step too far

mahoney_j wrote: »
    Hope he’ll be ok …..without going over old ground this is why I think we need to slow down a bit and think re these vaccines ,undoubted short term benefits to halt hospitalisation ,reduce acutely sickness and cut transmission rates but so many big decisions made this week after to be dubious modelling figures by nephet earlier in week .we’ve suddenly just said az and Jansen are fine for use in under 50s despite in a lot of countries not been authorised in under 50/60s and .there is known side affects from it this decision to open it up to under 50s is a big worry …we both have and have on order lots of these ,over 50s mostly covered so we were going to have vacines sitting here we can’t use was this decision based on that and nephet making a call to take a chance and allow under 50s use it
    Now there on about starting vaccinating kids and hints been dropped re not been allowed to school ,sport etc of no vacines ….step too far

I wonder is there a susceptability to blood disorders in those people anyway... is it something that's going to affect them later in life .
    I was talking to a nurse yesterday that claimed that fully covered people were suffering badly with the virus when they got it, very sick, not hospitalised though.
    This Covid is proving to be some problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,444 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

I wonder is there a susceptability to blood disorders in those people anyway... is it something that's going to affect them later in life .
    I was talking to a nurse yesterday that claimed that fully covered people were suffering badly with the virus when they got it, very sick, not hospitalised though.
    An underlying condition that wasn't noticed yet maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭dzer2

I was asked a load of questions when getting the vacation and the answer to most of them were I don't know.

I wasn't feeling unwell
    Don't know if I'm allergic to any medicine or vaccine as have never taken any.

Didn't know if any close contacts had covid

Don't know if I had covid either

Reggie. wrote: »
    An underlying condition that wasn't noticed yet maybe

That'd be my theory. the occurence of clots is minute but the vaccine definitely puts some peoples body under pressure.
    I was sure my OH gat a stroke when she collapsed as her face looked awful. She's getting her second AZ tomorrow and I won't be leaving her on her own

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Both myself and OH have got our second Pfizer over two weeks ago but we are still taking the same precautions as before, washing/sterilising hands, wearing face mask in shops etc. The only thing we've done is gone to dinner twice in an outdoor pub/restaurant and I now go and visit my brother and sister (in the sixties) in their respective houses. My sister got her second AZ jab last week and felt tired for a few days after. My brother is waiting to get his.

Base price wrote: »
    Both myself and OH have got our second Pfizer over two weeks ago but we are still taking the same precautions as before, washing/sterilising hands, wearing face mask in shops etc. The only thing we've done is gone to dinner twice in an outdoor pub/restaurant and I now go and visit my brother and sister (in the sixties) in their respective houses. My sister got her second AZ jab last week and felt tired for a few days after. My brother is waiting to get his.

My wifes getting hers tomorrow and she'll be fully immune in 15 days and to be honest that'll be the end of our lockdown. I think we may just take our chances now, you'd go crackers if you continued this present lifestyle much longer

• Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Got my second vaccine today, glad to have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

_Brian wrote: »

Same here...
    shoulder isn’t as sore as the first time either, yet anyways...

Same here...
    shoulder isn’t as sore as the first time either, yet anyways...

Got it at 2:30
    Can’t find where I got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,515 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

_Brian wrote: »

I got an appointment for second vaccine on Tuesday at a different centre to were I got the first one. Had to postpone it. Far away and other commitments at the alotted time.Hopefully I'll get a new appointment soon.

• Advertisement

whelan2 wrote: »
    I got an appointment for second vaccine on Tuesday at a different centre to were I got the first one. Had to postpone it. Far away and other commitments at the alotted time.Hopefully I'll get a new appointment soon.

Gosh that’s a pain.

We have friends who live in Mullagh. Husband and wife got appointments in different centres on the same day. Navan and Cavan.

They were powering through the vaccinations in Cavan today.

Advertisement