Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Pandemic Information- Local and Worldwide

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Just found out a lot of the contacts of these cases have it now too. Sister says that a work colleague's wife has it too. So that could have exposed all of us here via her.
    Stay safe folks.

Just after scanning the sheep here, scanner was saying his schedule is upside down with cancellations because of it, two cancelled today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭arctictree

wrangler wrote: »
    Just after scanning the sheep here, scanner was saying his schedule is upside down with cancellations because of it, two cancelled today

You'd think scanning would be fairly safe though?

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭eire23

arctictree wrote: »

Scanning here tomorrow.. Would normally do it in a shed but with the calm weather these days gonna set up outside. Think it would be fairer on the man scanning.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

arctictree wrote: »

If the family is positive they shouldn't be out at all and no one near them

• Registered Users Posts: 29,516 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Scary around here now. A load of cases linked to a party before Christmas and to local restaurant. I was getting a takeaway from another restaurant last night for ohs birthday. Was talking to a woman and they drove to howth yesterday. Wtf. I nearly dropped my food

• Advertisement

Just been told were getting a DIY antigen test in the morning passed in through the car window to us and wait and see how it goes, poaitives sent away for HSE test snd negatives allowed work away.

How did it go?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

whelan2 wrote: »
    How did it go?

I had to do two tests myself lad parked beside me had three as we couldnt get a reading on the first ones. Heard through the grapevine that a few were sent off other sites but were getting tested every monday morning now snd apparently its not mandatory.
    Everyone around us seemed happy to get the test done, client was delughted with it however it only proves whether or not you have Covid at the specific minute you take the test.

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

My nephew was tested at work and then his PCR test came back positive. He confined himself to the bedroom for 10 days as directed. He didn’t have any symptoms or illness. He now doesn’t believe the testing, convinced that he didn’t have the virus.. His wife and family have all tested negative. Apart from that it’s relief to hear he is OK.

Schools closed until 30th January

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I think it’s the right decision.
    It creates other knock on headaches but we will have to deal with those one by one.

• Advertisement

_Brian wrote: »
    It creates other knock on headaches but we will have to deal with those one by one.

The leaving certificate must be in jeopardy now. This is the second school year these kids will have missed chunks of the year. Unless they keep LC students in school ??

It's earlier this year though. Alot of work has been crammed in before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Probably right decision but really hope there open on feb 01 I’ve an 8 year old and for next 2 months or so I’d be in no way comfortable having here with me all day ,simply too much going on .wife works in local pharmacy just passed thru nenagh and it was infuriating lots traffic lots people out and about and numerous groups of kids out and about in groups at nothing ....there parents are probably the ones moaning and whining the most about the govt ,lockdowns and schools closing and then they carry on like this ....but it’s still not there fault ...I’d bet lots of teachers would like to go back ,obviously take some extra precautions and then whatever parents want there kids to go back let them back
    Leaving cert students I feel really sorry for ,there actually worse off than last years bunch missed big chunk of last year and now this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭dzer2

The right decision

We discussed it last night and decided we wouldn't send our 3 back until numbers fall dramatically. Lucky enough that none are in exam yr. Youngest though is really missing her friends spends most nights reading to me and playing sudoku and doing puzzles. But I'm no teacher and can only do so much. Hope.they go online for the older ones. Just to keep the mind focused.

Have brought my kids to local pitch at lunch time the last few days. There's a 1km track around it. Youngest lad practices his football skills, I walk the track and the others run or whatever. No other kids there any of the days we have been there. Maybe 1 or 2 adults doing the walk. Hope they dont close it

I think it's the right decision too, even waterford whispers was pulling the piss out the govt about the schools this week. It's an utter ballache for me though, herself is a teacher and our childcare is near her school, mini me shall be at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,265 ✭✭✭✭Base price

There are pockets growing exponentially in areas only a couple of miles away. I really hope that we don't get it and I'm doing my best - we don't have anyone in the house, I wear my mask shopping, sanitise my hands before and after each shop and the packaging when I get home. The lad that is helping us while OH is laid up does the diet feeding, I don't use that tractor or the 50b and he doesn't use the Fiat tractor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,979 ✭✭✭endainoz

Base price wrote: »
    There are pockets growing exponentially in areas only a couple of miles away. I really hope that we don't get it and I'm doing my best - we don't have anyone in the house, I wear my mask shopping, sanitise my hands before and after each shop and the packaging when I get home. The lad that is helping us while OH is laid up does the diet feeding, I don't use that tractor or the 50b and he doesn't use the Fiat tractor.

Looks like your taking all the precautions possible, hopefully others are doing the same that aren't single person operations.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,115 ✭✭✭emaherx

Good job you got the roof fixed on the fiat so. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

I'm glad I'm not the only one who sprays the shopping when I bring it home. Even gates are sanitised here if anyone comes in. And they are locked now with padlock to keep out the bogey sales callers. Don't want any of them fckers around the place!

• Advertisement

I had to do two tests myself lad parked beside me had three as we couldnt get a reading on the first ones. Heard through the grapevine that a few were sent off other sites but were getting tested every monday morning now snd apparently its not mandatory.
    Everyone around us seemed happy to get the test done, client was delughted with it however it only proves whether or not you have Covid at the specific minute you take the test.

Will you be off now with the announcement today?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,446 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Depends of he is on an essential site or not

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Only hearing gossip at the minute now, looking likely though. Promised myself i wasnt rearing calves this year looking more and more likely each dau now.

Better living everyone

Leaving certs in three days a week. That’s well received here anyway. Construction closed will have a big impact on many.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Tonynewholland

Leaving certs in three days a week. That’s well received here anyway. Construction closed will have a big impact on many.

Construction in the multi nationals continues. Easy to see where the money comes from nowadays

Construction in the multi nationals continues. Easy to see where the money comes from nowadays

They must be immune from covid

• Registered Users Posts: 4,979 ✭✭✭endainoz

Multi nationals? Thought it was only social housing and essential jobs in hospitals schools etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭kerryjack

Construction is in
    a grey area now I don't see much closing down TBH as they say if in doubt go flat out.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭CHOPS01

Nephew was to have a few wisdom teeth out on Friday so sent for routine covid test. Came back positive. No symptoms whatsoever. We called to them New Years day for an hour(had been in each others bubble for Christmas) No work today.
    Confirmed now you don't need to isolate for the 14 days if the person is asymptomatic.

Looks like I'll be back in charge of homeschooling from Monday anyway !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Tonynewholland

endainoz wrote: »
    Multi nationals? Thought it was only social housing and essential jobs in hospitals schools etc?

There’s an exemption for large construction projects in the exporting and foreign direct investment sector,

Advertisement