If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problem with Monitor Audio Vector speaker

Options
  • 08-03-2020 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭

Just setting up my new receiver and doing the audessy test and it looks like one of my vector's has blown the bass-driver, haven't opened it up yet as I'm flying out in the morning - are these replaceable?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

kingaaa wrote: »
    Just setting up my new receiver and doing the audessy test and it looks like one of my vector's has blown the bass-driver, haven't opened it up yet as I'm flying out in the morning - are these replaceable?
    Hi Kingaaa

Yes you can replace the driver in these.  I would have to contact Monitor Audio to check stock and the price.  From memory they are around the £40 mark

Regards Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

Hi Kingaaa

Yes you can replace the driver in these.  I would have to contact Monitor Audio to check stock and the price.  From memory they are around the £40 mark

Regards Stephen
    Sorry Stephen, only seeing this now I was away the last week...I'll open it up and let you know...thanks

Just took it apart, can see nothing wrong with the wiring or cone....did the Audessy test - still no bass...just getting a Phase warning but the wiring is spot-on, I actually switched it from front left to surround left to make sure the wiring was ok - don't know wether to replace the driver just in case it's something else?

Just took it apart, can see nothing wrong with the wiring or cone....did the Audessy test - still no bass...just getting a Phase warning but the wiring is spot-on, I actually switched it from front left to surround left to make sure the wiring was ok - don't know wether to replace the driver just in case it's something else?
    Hi kingaaa,

If you give the driver a gentle push and it doesn't move freely, is rigid/locked in place or makes a crunching sound it's definitely the driver which has blown. If it has blown it will have become separated from the magnet and it won't move properly.

Are you still getting power to the amp module?

Kind regards

David

Hi kingaaa,

If you give the driver a gentle push and it doesn't move freely, is rigid/locked in place or makes a crunching sound it's definitely the driver which has blown. If it has blown it will have become separated from the magnet and it won't move properly.

Kind regards

David
    yeah, lots of sound from the tweeter but no bass at all...I'll take it back apart today.....when you say give it a gentle push, I presume you mean remove the grill and push from the front? seems like a sealed unit, tried to take the grill off yesterday but didn't want to force it?

• Advertisement

Hi kingaaa,

Kind regards

David
    yeah, lots of sound from the tweeter but no bass at all...I'll take it back apart today.....when you say give it a gentle push, I presume you mean remove the grill and push from the front? seems like a sealed unit, tried to take the grill off yesterday but didn't want to force it?
    Hi Kingaaa,

If you're getting sound from the tweeter it sounds to me like the driver has gone.

If you can remove the driver when you take it apart you will be able to feel if it has gone. Let me know how you get on and I can get you a price for a replacement bass driver!

Kind regards

David

[img][/img]IMG-20200316-143900-HDR.jpg

[img][/img]IMG-20200316-143907-HDR.jpg

[img][/img]IMG-20200316-143914-HDR.jpg

got it out, seems to be no damage to the cone and it's moving quite smoothly from the magnet?

<a href=IMG-20200316-143900-HDR.jpg" />

<a href=IMG-20200316-143907-HDR.jpg" />

<a href=IMG-20200316-143914-HDR.jpg" />

got it out, seems to be no damage to the cone and it's moving quite smoothly from the magnet?
    Hi Kingaaa,

That is strange. Although if you're getting sound from the tweeter and not the bass driver it still sounds like it's gone. The only other test to perform is if you swapped the bass drivers around. If the bass driver from a good speaker works in a faulty speaker it's definitely the driver, if it doesn't work it would be something else.

Let me know what you think

Kind regards

David

Hi Kingaaa,

That is strange. Although if you're getting sound from the tweeter and not the bass driver it still sounds like it's gone. The only other test to perform is if you swapped the bass drivers around. If the bass driver from a good speaker works in a faulty speaker it's definitely the driver, if it doesn't work it would be something else.

Kind regards

David
    I'll try that tomorrow...cheers

Hi Kingaaa,

Kind regards

David
    Hi David...I did as you suggested and swapped a bass driver from a working speaker into the affected speaker and it's working fine so it looks like you were correct - the bass driver has blown! can you get me a price on one please?

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Kingaa,

sorry to hear that your LF Driver is fubarred - unusual for the Vectors!

The new LF Driver is available at £35 / 42€ including P & P - the Monitor Audio Reference is DBV2044C

Keep us posted if you would like us to pop in an order for one for you?

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Kingaa,

The new LF Driver is available at £35 / 42€ including P & P - the Monitor Audio Reference is DBV2044C

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    That would be great, can you order one please?   do you need me to pay first?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Kingaa,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    That would be great, can you order one please?   do you need me to pay first?
    Hey Kingaaa.

We will get the part ordered up and then once it arrives in with us we can drop you a call for payment.

I will try and get an ETA but with the current situation things could change at any moment without warning.

Hey Again Kingaaa.

If you drop me over your full name in a PM I can pop the order up onto your account.

Hey Again Kingaaa.

If you drop me over your full name in a PM I can pop the order up onto your account.
    sent that to you Kenny, give me a ring if you need payment immediately...Thanks

Hey Again Kingaaa.

sent that to you Kenny, give me a ring if you need payment immediately...Thanks
    Cheers Kingaaa :D

any word on the driver boys?

any word on the driver boys?
    Hi Kingaaa.

To be honest I'm sure given the current situation.

I'll see if I can get an update for you first thing in the morning.

Hi Dave, any joy...or will I have to wait until the virus has passed?

Hi kingaaa,

Unfortunately our Belfast store is now closed and it's looking like we won't be receiving any spares until we reopen again! If this changes though we will let you know as soon as we do!

Sorry for the delay.

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Hi kingaaa,

Unfortunately our Belfast store is now closed and it's looking like we won't be receiving any spares until we reopen again! If this changes though we will let you know as soon as we do!

Sorry for the delay.

Kind regards

David
    no chance of getting it shipped directly to my home?

Hi kingaaa,

Sorry for the delay.

Kind regards

David
    Hi kingaaa,

Monitor Audio are offering this service but the shipping charge is an additional £40! If you were able to hold off until we reopen you wouldn't need to pay the shipping costs.

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

Hi kingaaa,

Sorry for the delay.

Kind regards

David
    Hi kingaaa,

Monitor Audio are offering this service but the shipping charge is an additional £40! If you were able to hold off until we reopen you wouldn't need to pay the shipping costs.

Kind regards

David
    lol...I'll wait so !!!!

Hi kingaaa,

Sorry for the delay.

Kind regards

David
    Hi kingaaa,

Kind regards

David
    lol...I'll wait so !!!!

Hi kingaaa,

Sorry for the delay.

Kind regards

David
    Hi kingaaa,

Kind regards

David
    lol...I'll wait so !!!!
    No worries! We'll keep you posted as the situation develops!

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.