Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway COVID-19, local news and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭cL0h

JackyJoe wrote: »
    Ok all,
    A heads up.
    Hand sanitizers, Face masks are at a premium now, due to supply The next thing to have run on is disposable gloves, Nitrite , etc. The Asian manufacturers that make these are shutting down ports etc, not China per-say. So if you use them, now's the time to buy a few. Soap and water is still a great method, but gloves are good for petrol pumps or if helping out your parents and neighbours. Do not be asking links to this, really. In the distribution industry, so felt I should share what I know. Hopefully it wont be as manic as the masks and hand sanitizers.

Stay safe everyone, and use some cope on ;)

Mixed messages here. Hoard some nitrile gloves... and use some cop on.?

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭shenanagans

JackyJoe wrote: »
    Ok all,
    A heads up.
    Hand sanitizers, Face masks are at a premium now, due to supply The next thing to have run on is disposable gloves, Nitrite , etc. The Asian manufacturers that make these are shutting down ports etc, not China per-say. So if you use them, now's the time to buy a few. Soap and water is still a great method, but gloves are good for petrol pumps or if helping out your parents and neighbours. Do not be asking links to this, really. In the distribution industry, so felt I should share what I know. Hopefully it wont be as manic as the masks and hand sanitizers.

Stay safe everyone, and use some cope on ;)

Lots of distilleries are now manufacturing hand sanitiser around the country so it should be more widely available within days. So less need for the gloves when there's hand sanitiser .....hopefully. It should be mandatory at entrance/exit of all shops once available.

Lots of hand washing until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Anyone know of any other stores doing delivery other than Tesco? For big grocery shops that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ChewyLouie

Anyone know of any other stores doing delivery other than Tesco? For big grocery shops that is.

SuperValu, but like Tesco the delivery slots are generally all booked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,658 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Get them teenagers inside. This is not summer holidays.

https://twitter.com/CMOIreland/status/1240716873278382085?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

ChewyLouie wrote: »
    Now that the prom is getting uncomfortably busy :( - any recommendations for quiet walks around or near the city?

The Galway City Council put this warning up on FB yesterday...

Merlin Woods should be a safe-ish bet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

Sad to see so many people who seem to be totally clueless and inconsiderate of others. For example, couples with children out shopping. Why can’t one parent stay at home, or in the car, while the other parent goes into the shop? Likewise a mother seen today getting out of her car with two 10/11 year old kids and going into Salthill Post Office. That place is tiny and heavily utilised by elderly people. Why didn’t she have the cop on to leave the kids in the car or at home? It’s not a million years ago since I was left at home very occasionally at the same age for an hour or two in the daytime to mind my younger siblings if my (very responsible) parents had to go somewhere. People need to stop and think about what they are doing while we still have a chance to flatten the curve. Please :o.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,475 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Sad to see so many people who seem to be totally clueless and inconsiderate of others. For example, couples with children out shopping. Why can’t one parent stay at home, or in the car, while the other parent goes into the shop? Likewise a mother seen today getting out of her car with two 10/11 year old kids and going into Salthill Post Office. That place is tiny and heavily utilised by elderly people. Why didn’t she have the cop on to leave the kids in the car or at home? It’s not a million years ago since I was left at home very occasionally at the same age for an hour or two in the daytime to mind my younger siblings if my (very responsible) parents had to go somewhere. People need to stop and think about what they are doing while we still have a chance to flatten the curve. Please :o.

Poor parenting tbh.

No harm telling people to cop on (nicely) either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Unfortunately people will not take this seriously untill lots of people known to them become sick,or some die,you can see it around the place,in town,villages,bare minimum done by only a few, correct procedures by even fewer..

It just has not impacted people here enough for them to wake up, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,446 ✭✭✭McGiver

Practical question - where you get the tested in Galway? Or will a worker come to your home to make the swab when they agree to the get you tested?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭dmc17

McGiver wrote: »
    Practical question - where you get the tested in Galway? Or will a worker come to your home to make the swab when they agree to the get you tested?

Think there's a drive through set up in Renmore, probably UHG also, talks of navy ship setting up in docks. Best thing is to ring and they'll let you know the best for your particular situation/case.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭pure.conya

ChewyLouie wrote: »
    When stuck indoors most of the day, a daily walk is good for the mind and body. No risk to anyone if you get out in nature and avoid others.

right, I'll keep doing what I'm doing thanks x

Blondie919 wrote: »
    Merlin Woods should be a safe-ish bet?

walking around your own domicile is the safest bet these days, but everybody's a daring adventurer lately and proud of it to

Think? forget about it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Top tip: You can put multiple quotes in a single post by using the +" button.

Not a lot of value in those 3 posts. Many of us are increasingly frustrated but we should resist crapping over everything.

This is still the start. You'll get your lockdown and we'll all be pacing our stairs soon. It's coming and until it does many will flaunt the new normal until the very last second. Why are you so surprised people suck?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,943 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

dmc17 wrote: »
    Think there's a drive through set up in Renmore, probably UHG also, talks of navy ship setting up in docks. Best thing is to ring and they'll let you know the best for your particular situation/case.

If you need to be tested, you will be told where to go and at what time, or they may come to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ChewyLouie

FYI this isn't on the touch site, would be a useful addition.

no such option working on the phone browser

• Registered Users Posts: 12,141 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

pure.conya wrote: »

Use Firefox or anything bar Chrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭shenanagans

McGiver wrote: »

Renmore Community Centre or William Butler Yeats ship in Docks.

But by appointment only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Galway company launches new anti-virus spray cleaner this weekend.

https://galwaybayfm.ie/galway-bay-fm-news-desk/galway-company-launches-new-anti-virus-spray-cleaner-this-weekend/

McGaughs Garden Centre have any amount of it but it will not be in Woodies until tomorrow.

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Easy to manipulate quotes on phone too, simply copy+paste, you can also make your own quote tags. Anyway that's beside the point.

Someone in the 'Galway Media' Facebook group had photos of shop street and nearby areas at 7:30-8pm, shockingly dead around the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Easy to manipulate quotes on phone too, simply copy+paste, you can also make your own quote tags. Anyway that's beside the point.

Someone in the 'Galway Media' Facebook group had photos of shop street and nearby areas at 7:30-8pm, shockingly dead around the city.
    Not Shockingly at all, pretty good.
    And to the poster suggesting that the only safe thing to do right now is not to venture outside the confines of a home unless completely necessary, I think staving off cabin fever is absolutely necessary. Protecting our mental health is also an effective barrier to conditions much worse than Covid 19.

pure.conya wrote: »
    Use Firefox or anything bar Chrome.

I use chrome on the phone and have no issue with multi quote. I use the desktop site though as the mobile/touch site is awful. I only moved from the old boards skin when forced recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

flazio wrote: »
    Not Shockingly at all, pretty good.
    And to the poster suggesting that the only safe thing to do right now is not to venture outside the confines of a home unless completely necessary, I think staving off cabin fever is absolutely necessary. Protecting our mental health is also an effective barrier to conditions much worse than Covid 19.

I think the Italians had a similiar belief a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

dinneenp wrote: »

The web cams at claddagh jewelers seem to be gone offline

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

dinneenp wrote: »

While scary, it might help to drive home the seriousness of this situation.

Curious to know what the missing picture No. 6 is of, if it exists?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The web cams at claddagh jewelers seem to be gone offline
    Yeah, I get cross domain error
    https://thecladdagh.com/webcam/

Advertisement