Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway COVID-19, local news and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Nope. Seems much more random than that. There’s only a few months in age between my wife and I. I have friends a year or two younger than me who were called earlier than I was. This is the pattern I hear anecdotally from others too.

My twin and myself registered 1 day apart. We got the text notification within an hour of each other and we've both got an appointment on the exact same day at the exact same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭tobdom

Very impressive operation at the Vaccination Centre at the Racecourse. Had the 1st jab there yesterday, really well run.

Is there any word on what will happen with vaccines in Galway around the time of the races?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Is there any word on what will happen with vaccines in Galway around the time of the races?

I assume the same as with Limerick Race Course, it will stop for any race meeting.

I assume the same as with Limerick Race Course, it will stop for any race meeting.

They only have one off meetings, a week long festival is a much bigger interruption. People getting doses now will also be due their second during race week.

I'm probably looking at it from a selfish point of view as it's around that time I think my age group will be coming up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,118 ✭✭✭✭zell12

zell12 wrote: »
    A new walk-in Covid testing centre will open 29th in the old tourist office Forster Street. Open 1000-1700 seven days
    Anyone been in? Was it quick? Spill the goss!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,427 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

New vaccine centre finally opening for West Galway in Clifden.
    I'm claiming the credit as I complained four times about the lack of a facility for us.

Are you running for election soon?

I'd look good on the posters in fairness.

Covid vaccines for some, miniature Galway flags for others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭amandstu

New vaccine centre finally opening for West Galway in Clifden.
    I'm claiming the credit as I complained four times about the lack of a facility for us.

Where did you see that?

amandstu wrote: »
    Where did you see that?

They put the cart before the horse so to speak. The signs are up in town and it's being set up in the gym of the community school.
    I presume it will be announced on a day or two.

The setup at the race track seemed to allow for races - the access and the stand used won't necessarily interfere with the racing - it has a separate access and parking and is fenced off from the stables and parade ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I have heard from a couple of people that the vaccinations will continue as normal through Race week. I can't imagine they'll stop what they're doing for a race meeting tbh.

I also saw reports earlier in the week that the Race committee hope to allow up to 5K people attend the races each day. Not sure how they'll manage that *and* run the vaccinations operation simultaneously. But the latest government dithering over the re-opening may put the tin hat on any racing attendance anyway.

What's the dress code for vaccine appointments on Ladies Day?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,446 ✭✭✭McGiver

tobdom wrote: »
    Very impressive operation at the Vaccination Centre at the Racecourse. Had the 1st jab there yesterday, really well run.

I concur. Streamlined.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Ugh. Didn't think of the races.. Hope my vaxxes fall either side of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

An off-the-shoulder number should do you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Covid vaccines for some, miniature Galway flags for others.

The centres seem to be well run nationwide. It struck me as to why this aspect of covid has been well run. Who did the thinking behind it and couldn't we do with the same thinking and the same attention to detail in other areas of the pandemic.

bobbyss wrote: »
    The centres seem to be well run nationwide. It struck me as to why this aspect of covid has been well run. Who did the thinking behind it and couldn't we do with the same thinking and the same attention to detail in other areas of the pandemic.
    The HSE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭bobbyss

The HSE!

The HSE organize, trained the stewards and run the vaccinations centers?
    YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS! (Well it is Wimbledon)

Zzippy wrote: »
    An off-the-shoulder number should do you ;)

Always safe with a nice classic style, nothing too moderna.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭wily minx

Does anyone know are they doing 2nd jabs fairly promptly at Ballybrit? If you're due your 2nd 4 weeks after your first are the appointments actually 4 weeks or longer?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

wily minx wrote: »
    Does anyone know are they doing 2nd jabs fairly promptly at Ballybrit? If you're due your 2nd 4 weeks after your first are the appointments actually 4 weeks or longer?

I think they are working backwards from those who had their first jab 12 weeks ago & if that is correct it could be a while before someone who had their first 4 weeks ago gets the shout for the 2nd.

For example, my wife got her first jab 8 weeks ago and her 2nd yesterday, I had my first 8 weeks ago but haven't got my 2nd appointment yet.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭wily minx

I think they are working backwards from those who had their first jab 12 weeks ago & if that is correct it could be a while before someone who had their first 4 weeks ago gets the shout for the 2nd.

For example, my wife got her first jab 8 weeks ago and her 2nd yesterday, I had my first 8 weeks ago but haven't got my 2nd appointment yet.

Is that for AstraZeneca? The recommendation is 8 weeks so that would be about right. I had the Moderna vaccine and the gap advised is 4 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

She had nothing on but a smile...

They put the cart before the horse so to speak. The signs are up in town and it's being set up in the gym of the community school.
    I presume it will be announced on a day or two.

Opening Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

wily minx wrote: »
    Is that for AstraZeneca? The recommendation is 8 weeks so that would be about right. I had the Moderna vaccine and the gap advised is 4 weeks.

Yes AstraZeneca.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

In my haste filling in the email I managed to reschedule my Saturday app, feeling bit silly now and annoyed .
    Anyone reschedule? Did a new app come up quickly ?

• Advertisement

ArtyC wrote: »
    In my haste filling in the email I managed to reschedule my Saturday app, feeling bit silly now and annoyed .
    Anyone reschedule? Did a new app come up quickly ?

Ring the number on the text and they may be able to reschedule you straight away. A few people around here have been able to change their second vac to the local centre even though it wasn't officially announced.
    You will probably have to go through the "Press 1 for this. Press 2 for that" headache though.

Advertisement