Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway COVID-19, local news and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

fran38 wrote: »
    Agreed but i still need the ol gruaig cut

No you don't. You want. We all want our hair cut but it's not essential.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭obi604

with the new measures - would standalone butchers close?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

obi604 wrote: »

The fact they are part of the food supply chain they Prob can stay open if they choose to.

I haven't seen the list yet though.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ChewyLouie

Wrong time to point out that meat in your diet is not essential...? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭serfboard

Would seem to be illogical to allow butchers in supermarkets to stay open, but butchers not in supermarkets to close - providing the standalone ones observe social distancing and provide hand hygiene/gloves as the supermarkets do.

• Advertisement

Wonder will there be panic buying going on this evening again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

The fact they are part of the food supply chain they Prob can stay open if they choose to.

I haven't seen the list yet though.

The list is here in this article.

https://www.thejournal.ie/coronavirus-new-measures-5055686-Mar2020/

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Smegging hell

RTÉ just featured an interview with a standalone butcher saying he can open tomorrow as food is defined as an essential service.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,476 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Butchers should stay open

• Registered Users Posts: 25,118 ✭✭✭✭zell12

All CityDirect buses stop as of tonight
    Are BusEireann services going to be reduced?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Just out of curiosity..Boston Scientific and Medtronic, are they open at different times or are staff working from home? Totally different industry to me so curious

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

Just out of curiosity..Boston Scientific and Medtronic, are they open at different times or are staff working from home? Totally different industry to me so curious

Anyone who can work from home is.

zell12 wrote: »
    All CityDirect buses stop as of tonight
    Are BusEireann services going to be reduced?

Nothing on CityDirect website yet. Where did you hear that?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Anyone know is UHG lab processing the tests in the Galway for Covid-19 or are they all to go to Dublin?
    Also is home heating oil not on the list of businesses to close as we’ve just ordered some.

Anyone know is UHG lab processing the tests in the Galway for Covid-19 or are they all to go to Dublin?
    Also is home heating oil not on the list of businesses to close as we’ve just ordered some.

Home heating oil suppliers remain open

Nothing on CityDirect website yet. Where did you hear that?
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112938465&postcount=31

zell12 wrote: »

That link mentions the 411 only. Were the other routes already gone?

That link mentions the 411 only. Were the other routes already gone?
    Yep, the other routes suspended last week.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112889343&postcount=24

Anyway will BusEireann be reducing their services?

Update to my previous post here with today's figures plugged in.

Today the total qty of cases increased by a rate of 1.181 which means we are heading in the right direction, but still have a long way to go.

To illustrate this, I've extrapolated out the running total based on rates of 1.1, 1.2 & 1.3.

506890.png

At 1.1 (orange bars) the curve is flattened, the health system is under signifcant pressure, but the additional resources brought to bear will manage.

At 1.2 (grey bars) the health system will be under extreme pressure, at times hitting breaking point

At 1.3......... (yellow bars) you don't want to know

The average since 07th Mar is 1.278

• Registered Users Posts: 25,945 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I'd imagine anyone who can work from home, is.

But most of their staff are assembling devices in clean rooms, so absolutely not able to.

The Mervue plant has reportedly gone to 24x7.

• Advertisement

I think I saw somewhere that Aldi opening hours have changed with corona etc.

Does anyone know the new hours?
    And when is the time for elderly?

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NTC

Aldi is 9am to 8pm. The elderly hours 11am to 1pm, according to their Facebook page https://m.facebook.com/AldiIreland

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

An Aldi spokesperson said: "Starting Friday our stores across the country will open from 9am to 8pm Monday to Sunday.

Elderly shopping hours will now also be in place from 11am to 1pm every day with shoppers asked to be considerate of this.
    https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/dublin-supermarket-opening-hours-coronavirus-17961061
    Also has other shops in link ^^^

24/03/20 Co Galway cases

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ashleigh1986

I pass the testing center at renmore community center at least a dozen times per day .
    Huge DIFFERANCE today in the amount of cars going in .
    A queue of cars on the main road trying to get parking in by the gym .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ChewyLouie

Got a call from a local alarm company that were to call to our house 5 weeks ago to fix a problem with the house alarm... asking if we're home as they're going to come today to have a look at it.

Needless to say we told them to come back in a few months! Seems highly irresponsible to be going home to home doing maintenance work for something they clearly consider low priority if it's taken 5 weeks to follow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

ChewyLouie wrote: »
    Got a call from a local alarm company that were to call to our house 5 weeks ago to fix a problem with the house alarm... asking if we're home as they're going to come today to have a look at it.

Needless to say we told them to come back in a few months! Seems highly irresponsible to be going home to home doing maintenance work for something they clearly consider low priority if it's taken 5 weeks to follow up.

Other people might be happy to get them in and fix alarm issues.

fran38 wrote: »
    Any barbers still operating lads?

57ece4be51.jpg

25/03/20 Co Galway cases

• Advertisement

Todays rate of 1.177 is down again on yesterday which is great to see.

Graph updated for todays numbers.

Blue = Continue at the same rate
    Green = Rate of 1.1
    Yellow = Rate of 1.2
    Red = Rate of 1.3

507024.png

The last few days make it look like a corner has been turned and things are stabilising. Based on the increased controls enacted earlier, we should hopefully see a drop towards 1.1 as the weekend approaches. The gains from the additional measures announced yesterday won't be seen until towards the middle/end of next week when, all things going to plan, we should be closing in on a rate of 1.

507026.png

Advertisement