Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway COVID-19, local news and discussion

Options

Comments

brutes1 wrote: »
    I wouldnt trust modellers after Ferguson in UK

Then you would be following the footsteps of Trump in the US and Bolsonaro in Brazil

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭youngrun

Then you would be following the footsteps of Trump in the US and Bolsonaro in Brazil
    No
    Why did he change his prediction from 500k deaths to 20k.how can you trust that science.

In any event the policy seems extreme caution unlikely to see the city reopen till June

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

youngrun wrote: »
    No
    Why did he change his prediction from 500k deaths to 20k.how can you trust that science.

In any event the policy seems extreme caution unlikely to see the city reopen till June

Models are based on no action taking place. Once restrictions take place this reduces the number of actual and predicted deaths

• Registered Users Posts: 25,119 ✭✭✭✭zell12

I did not get these yet, did anyone else in Galway?
    Two specially-designed postcards, postage-paid to anywhere in Ireland, will be delivered to Ireland’s 1.8 million households over the coming week
    https://www.anpost.com/Media-Centre/News/Send-Love-to-someone-special-with-free-An-Post-Pos

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭testtech05

zell12 wrote: »

We got 2 sets of them 1 last week and 1 the week before but think the 2nd one maybe was a mistake!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

You should have got them delivered by the postman either last week or the week before but I know they have plenty available in Eglinton Street post office...are you on the east side or west of the city?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,119 ✭✭✭✭zell12

The neighbours did not get them either.
    Have not been in a post office for years, not sure if I want to start now

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

We got them weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

My family get them a couple of weeks ago, and posted them to me in Cork. (As an aside, we have not received any where I am in Cork yet)

youngrun wrote: »
    No

Because its based on the rate of infection from the previous day.

Go on YouTube, look at the videos by 3blue1brown on the topic. Seriously

• Advertisement

https://galwaybayfm.ie/galway-bay-fm-news-desk/galway-now-has-160-confirmed-cases-of-covid-19/

Galway now has 160 confirmed cases of Covid-19 – that’s an increase of 26 new cases according to the latest figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭amandstu

biko wrote: »
    https://galwaybayfm.ie/galway-bay-fm-news-desk/galway-now-has-160-confirmed-cases-of-covid-19/

Galway now has 160 confirmed cases of Covid-19 – that’s an increase of 26 new cases according to the latest figures.

Does that include the batch of extra testing results that came back from Germany yesterday?( makes the daily report a bit less clear)

It looks like an increase of some 13% but that may not be reflective of the real day to day increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭bobbyss

I wonder who came up with the designs on those postcards?

An additional 553 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 reported by Irish laboratories.
    9 of these cases are in Galway, bringing Galway’s total to 169 cases, still at the lower end of the scale.
    https://galwaybayfm.ie/galway-bay-fm-news-desk/9-new-confirmed-cases-of-covid-19-in-galway/

Researchers in Galway have designed a new ventilation system that allows two patients to be treated at once using just a single ventilator.
    In what is hoped to be a breakthrough that could help tackle any ventilator shortage in hospitals, clinicians and medtech researchers at NUIG have created a system that lets ventilation be split between two patients, while able to individualize the breath size and the pressure levels required by each.
    https://galwaydaily.com/news/galway-team-create-system-that-lets-two-people-be-treated-with-one-ventilator-simultaneously

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Ultimanemo

Fake news
    This is worldwide well known trick, you simply put a Y piece splitter in the circuit.

HSWT-Tube-edit-copy.jpg

Yes, there is a splitter (kinda has to be, doesn't it)
    All explained here https://youtu.be/ZSTpBj5NOyI

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Ultimanemo

Yes, there is a splitter (kinda has to be, doesn't it)
    All explained here https://youtu.be/ZSTpBj5NOyI
    The APL valves in the circuit "Adjustable pressure-limiting valve" are dangerous, they open when the circuit pressure exceeds certain value, unless the filters are virus proof, the virus will be flying in the room
    I will leave a comment later on youtube

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

Ultimanemo wrote: »
    Fake news
    This is worldwide well known trick, you simply put a Y piece splitter in the circuit.

HSWT-Tube-edit-copy.jpg

Kinda had to be a y-splitter somewhere ! The real improvement is the two iPad sized additional controllers that allows individual management of each patient flow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ChewyLouie

We didn't get any either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

ChewyLouie wrote: »
    We didn't get any either.

We got ours about ten days ago. Arrived before the covid info booklet which came much later than promised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ChewyLouie

We didn't get a Covid info booklet either...!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I am guessing that the searchlight, in the West of the City last night, was part of the Shine a Light campaign ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

Discodog wrote: »
    I am guessing that the searchlight, in the West of the City last night, was part of the Shine a Light campaign ?

It was pretty cool

• Registered Users Posts: 10,435 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Yeah. It was based at Nimmo's Pier.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I think its visible again tonight.
    I live 20 mins walk away from Nimmos in a housing estate on the west side of the city and I could see it faintly in the sky last night from my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I live miles away & I could see it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,947 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

ChewyLouie wrote: »
    We didn't get a Covid info booklet either...!

There's a booklet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

There's a booklet?

Yup. Get it stamped with each member of the household who gets tested. Fill the book, get a free football.

Advertisement