Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway COVID-19, local news and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

National roadmap in case someone hasn't seen it
    1. Phase 1 (18 May)
    2. Phase 2 (8 June)
    3. Phase 3 (29 June)
    4. Phase 4 (20 July)
    5. Phase 5 (10 August)
    https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/e5e599-government-publishes-roadmap-to-ease-covid-19-restrictions-and-reope/

• Registered Users Posts: 25,123 ✭✭✭✭zell12

I know my habits/desires have altered, possibly permanently, in the past six weeks
    Don't seek to be going to a pub, restaurant, sardined into a flying tin can, or some other services we've been deprived off. Also will be buying less and seeking a seriously minimalist lifestyle. Concentrating more on those humans around me

Anyone else experiencing this attitudinal shift?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

How many die on a normal day?

Of Covid 19 you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Around 85 per day in 2018, I assume you can add covid victims on top of that.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Ah, yes - very heartwarming:
    Talking to Caitlín Ní Chualáin, Orla said that so many patients were dying two weeks ago that the hospital ran out of body bags.

... and it doesn't get much better...
    I’d wake in the middle of the night, thinking of the patients dying and me looking through the door at them dying without anyone with them…

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Good point, and I see Biko answered.

Thing is with Covid deaths, we don't know if these people would have lived significantly longer or not. I suspect not, and like many underlying condition deaths, any extra burden on the system would kill, not just Covid.
    I suppose we would all like even extra hours or days with loved ones no matter how short the difference in the dates. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,510 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

zell12 wrote: »
    I know my habits/desires have altered, possibly permanently, in the past six weeks
    Don't seek to be going to a pub, restaurant, sardined into a flying tin can, or some other services we've been deprived off. Also will be buying less and seeking a seriously minimalist lifestyle. Concentrating more on those humans around me

I'm never going to forget that panic and fear of March.When it looked like even the unthinkable worst was possible. I hope to hang on to that to try to keep life's smaller concerns in perspective.

I can’t wait to get back to normal when it’s safe to do so, going to the pub, eating out etc are things I really miss and fully intend to go back as before.

As for buying, I buy most stuff online anyway so the pandemic is not stopping that side of things and I’m ordering from amazon etc as required (or when I see stuff I’d like).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭what_traffic

Looking forward to visiting relatives and friends
    Some grocery shopping habits have changed. Get milk, buttermilk and eggs delivered to the front door now will and will probably keep up with that, that has knock on effect for my local corner shop though where would have done these kind of purchases.
    The past weeks have been far more aware of the amount of waste materials the household generates for the Green and Grey bin. How do we try and cut down on that will be the next goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ashleigh1986

Anyone hear the rumour of a cluster of 30+ of covid found in the halting site on curraghline ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Slightest of decreases it's going down not up it was 5 on Thursday snd 8 the day before

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Anyone hear the rumour of a cluster of 30+ of covid found in the halting site on curraghline ?

Chinese whispers. The number seems to increase every time I hear this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

true ,squad cars down there as we speak

• Registered Users Posts: 15,898 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I heard this from someone who I would of considered very credible & not likely to spread rumours.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Zzippy wrote: »
    Chinese whispers. The number seems to increase every time I hear this.

The guards have had a checkpoint either side of it regularly over the last week.

The guards have had a checkpoint either side of it regularly over the last week.

Checking all drivers ? I didn't see anyone.

No sign on Google maps now

Discodog wrote: »

Seems unlikely they'd be there 24/7 doesn't it?

• Advertisement

I asked if it was a standard stop Covid checkpoint or specific to the halting site ?

I asked if it was a standard stop Covid checkpoint or specific to the halting site ?

Well you actually said three things. MIL was stopped but then waved on, make of that what you will.

can dacor please come back i cant handle de main thread anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

What if we did? What’s your point?

What if we did? What’s your point?

They’d need to self isolate

can dacor please come back i cant handle de main thread anymore

ok dacor pm me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

They’d need to self isolate

Yes, anyone diagnosed with Covid-19 and fortunate enough not to need hospital treatment would have to self isolate. Still don’t understand the point the OP was making in regard to this particular group.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Heard about it today. Rumor is spreading like wildfire or like the virus!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I would believe that some people are fearful that somebody from this cluster will do their shopping in the same shop as themselves and have no faith in their ability to adhere to social distance and keep whatever items that they use to do their shopping free from the virus.

Advertisement