Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway COVID-19, local news and discussion

Options

Comments

You can make FOI request for anything you feel necessary or interesting. What ever help ease your worries and helps you sleep at night hun x

While you can indeed make a FOI request for anything, your request is unlikely to succeed if its focused on the health information of the traveling community at a particular site or even the travelling community in general.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

While you can indeed make a FOI request for anything, your request is unlikely to succeed if its focused on the health information of the traveling community at a particular site or even the travelling community in general.

If your not in you can’t win

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

MOD NOTE

Unless there is any actual news stick to the chat thread, where singling out any community will not be tolerated and any post that anyone deems over the line report it do not respond to posters in an abusive manner

it's great that this thread is always first with the news

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

it's great that this thread is always first with the news

And then it gets deleted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Laviski

nm

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The protest has got its own thread as its discussion took over the covid news

biko wrote: »
    The protest has got its own thread as its discussion took over the covid news

So topics are to go from the news thread to the chat thread to their own thread?

Please stop arguing everything, wig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Sconsey

I’m very confused on why there are two covid threads. What goes into each? One is for news and the other is for chat?

Where do I post if I want to chat about the news?

This is neither chat or news, do we need a Galway Covid queries thread?

:pac:

• Advertisement

The news thread is intended for actual news/info.
    The chat thread is here so the news thread can be high in signal and low in noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

For anyone who tried a few weeks ago and didn't have any luck. It seems like the Tesco delivery spots have become more available since they blocked off hours for older customers. (Seems like it should be even more blocked but it's not)

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

Tesco seems to be setting up some sort of collection point in the carpark. Was there yesterday and guys were putting up signage for "click and collect..park here" .

• Registered Users Posts: 25,123 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Saw that Tesco van in car park, but though they were disinfecting van or something

• Registered Users Posts: 13,411 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

westgolf wrote: »
    Tesco seems to be setting up some sort of collection point in the carpark. Was there yesterday and guys were putting up signage for "click and collect..park here" .

We used the click & collect service last week. Very handy. Do your shopping online, go to the van at a specific time and collect your shopping

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

westgolf wrote: »

Been there for st least a fortnight in tesco on the headford Rd.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

It looks like the only shops re-opening on Castle St (Edward Square) after lockdown are Elverys & Fields (Dunnes is already open). The rest are gone.

This is speculation, please refrain from such

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jammyd

It looks like the only shops re-opening on Castle St (Edward Square) after lockdown are Elverys & Fields (Dunnes is already open). The rest are gone.

Its going to be very eery down their with all the permanently closed stores, I thought I read on Boards that the Elverys was also closing?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Topshop, Elverys and Fields you mean. And Pascal's down the lane also.

Seen Next are taking over a couple of the Debenhams in the UK earmarked for closure and launching a new Beauty Halls concept, I wonder are they considering any of the Irish ones that are closing thats gonna be another big hit to the retail mix in the city :(

• Advertisement

Jammyd wrote: »
    Seen Next are taking over a couple of the Debenhams in the UK earmarked for closure and launching a new Beauty Halls concept, I wonder are they considering any of the Irish ones that are closing thats gonna be another big hit to the retail mix in the city :(

Zero chance of that happening.

Zero chance of that happening.

Doubtful alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Any evidence of this?

I will delete if only a rumour

Guys, please refrain from speculation, but keep it to what you have seen closed.
    Remember than just because a shop is shut right now does not mean they won't open again.

Sorry, connemara man. Looks like we both actioned at same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Any evidence of this?

I will delete if only a rumour

There is no speculation involved.

See the regular Business opening / closing thread.

All the other shops on that street were gone, or had announced they were going, pre Covid. Miss Selfiges, Next, Oasis, Cara.

There is no speculation involved.

See the regular Business opening / closing thread.

All the other shops on that street were gone, or had announced they were going, pre Covid. Miss Selfiges, Next, Oasis, Cara.

You've missed the point, the poster claimed that one of the two business's left won't reopen based on an 'id say'. Hardly factual or based in any kind of reality.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

You've missed the point, the poster claimed that one of the two business's left won't reopen based on an 'id say'. Hardly factual or based in any kind of reality.

Actually I was responding to someone else who suggested Elverys might struggle to reopen. i believe they were making that assumption because (a) Sport is in lockdown and (b) they were in receivership 5 years ago. I myself said Elverys would reopen.

By the way mods, there is no point in deleting my posts and then leaving your response to the initial one intact. Defeats the purpose. You can delete this too.

I should have said 'Edward Sq will be a bit quiet' and left it at that.

Posts restored

Again, no speculation please.

Actually I was responding to someone else who suggested Elverys might struggle to reopen. i believe they were making that assumption because (a) Sport is in lockdown and (b) they were in receivership 5 years ago. I myself said Elverys would reopen.

By the way mods, there is no point in deleting my posts and then leaving your response to the initial one intact. Defeats the purpose. You can delete this too.

I should have said 'Edward Sq will be a bit quiet' and left it at that.

Edward Sq will certainly be quiet :(

On Elverys I wasn't speculating about them not reopening due to Covid was more inquiring as it was discussed back in March in the business opening/closing thread that this particular unit was also up for let when Edward square closure were being discussed, appreciate this was slightly off topic in this particular thread

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ChewyLouie

There's an ice cream van going around the estates in Knocnacarra today, tunes blaring to lure the kids out... have people completely given up on this whole lockdown idea?!

Advertisement