Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronavirus Part V - 34 cases in ROI, 16 in NI (as of 10 March) *Read warnings in OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,617 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Hurrache wrote: »
    Nothing bizzare about it.

I couldn't imagine the Queen of England or Prime Minister being abroad during whatever national celebrations they have.

It seems to be an Irish insecurity that we have and need to suck up to Americans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭sjb25

No more red zone in Italy full country now treated the same all on lockdown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_coronavirus_outbreak_in_the_Republic_of_Ireland

more unknown facts in the Irish CV cases than in the Tiananmen square protests, they really are taking a leaf out of China's book!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,236 ✭✭✭sdanseo

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Paracetamol limited to one pack in Tesco.
    Don't wait too long to have an appropriate amount at hand, but don't hoard!

That's been a regulation for more than a decade, so that you can't buy enough to overdose on in one go. (max you can purchase is 6g outside of a pharmacy)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

neonsofa wrote: »
    Think paracetamol is always limited to one pack.

Yes always was limited to one, to minimise people overdosing. Been that way for 20 years or so AFAIK.

• Advertisement

sjb25 wrote: »
    No more red zone in Italy full country ow treated the same all on lockdown

Wow! What's the source for this?

Devastating for Italy.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭megatron989

The government action regarding illness benefit is good news. However what happens if you have to go into self isolation because of exposure, have they addressed that?

And mortgage, rent and loan repayments, a lot of people don’t have savings to cover these unfortunately.

That is unfortunate. But people still have time, maybe a couple of months if they are lucky. Prepare now. Prepare to loose income. Take steps to ensure your not caught short.
    I'm not saying build a bunker, more take steps like you take out insurance before a holiday. Do something ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

I imagine most people have heard rumours of people in their area who have it, rumours going around here of a local doctor who's infected with the virus, hoping it's just false rumours but it's still scary to hear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

+3 cases in Ireland today, jaysus you're grand lads!!!

Spain had +428 today .... god knows what it'll be tomorrow ... 700 ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Wibbs wrote: »
    It's already started in a few places, but feck going out in this weather. I don't want pleurisy on top of Corona. :D

I'm itching to get out the door, that's my St. Patricks day sorted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,937 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I'll have to forego my 10 packs of paracetamol a day from the local Tesco :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

I couldn't imagine the Queen of England or Prime Minister being abroad during whatever national celebrations they have.

It seems to be an Irish insecurity that we have and need to suck up to Americans.

Yep, it's pathetic. Can you imagine Macron in the white house on Bastille day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

+3 cases in Ireland today, jaysus you're grand lads!!!

Spain had +428 today .... god knows what it'll be tomorrow ... 700 ??

About 20 degrees I heard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭sjb25

Wow! What's the source for this?

Devastating for Italy.

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1237117165809086464?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Can you restrict your loathing of Ireland to just self loathing?

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭imfml

No more red zone in Italy full country now treated the same all on lockdown

Incoming....

FR9435 from Rome to Dublin https://fr24.com/RYR2KX/2421a75d

FR4845 from Milan to Dublin https://fr24.com/RYR2CH/2421b35b

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,295 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

From the Guardian:
    All of Italy will be placed under the lockdown conditions thus far imposed upon the so-called “red zone” in the north of the country, the Italian prime minister Giuseppe Conte has said. The restrictions will include banning all public gatherings and preventing all movement other than for work and emergencies. According to the Reuters news agency, he has said the decision was necessary to protect Italy’s most vulnerable citizens and that the right course of action now is for people to stay at home.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

I’m eating paracetamol like skittles, just following this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,676 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Italy taking the Chinese approach. It's the only way.

Italy is being quarantined.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,182 ✭✭✭Guffy

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Paracetamol limited to one pack in Tesco.
    Don't wait too long to have an appropriate amount at hand, but don't hoard!

Legally you are limited to purchasing one item containing paracetamol. This is a legal restriction and has always been in place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Paracetamol is limited to one pack

Yep, it's pathetic. Can you imagine Macron in the white house on Bastille day.

Exactly!

And not to mention the cost of this embarrassment. And most Americans have little or no interest or information about Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

All of Italy is now under lockdown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Strange there are no cases in the nw of ireland.

I know it's only a matter of time.

Maybe the virus is making it's way up the crap roads to the nw! Takes longer to get here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭saabsaab

gw80 wrote: »
    No, you have me mistaken,
    What I'm getting at is, if someone gets the virus as it is now and recovers, thus your body has built up some sort of immunity, would that person be in a better position if the virus mutates into something more dangerous,
    Just a pure" out of interest " question.
    Believe me the last thing I am doing is fantasizing about this getting worse, trout season starts soon and i certainly don't want to be hold up at home for god knows how long.

I doubt the trout could catch it from you.

I would say that it might give some protection if the mutation was small. Then again corona cold viruses don't give much immunity as the ymutate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

hawkwing wrote: »
    Paracetamol is limited to one pack

Always has been

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭gw80

Wibbs wrote: »
    It's already started in a few places, but feck going out in this weather. I don't want pleurisy on top of Corona. :D

Paddys day on the suir and tributaries, so paddys day being cancelled means nought to meðŸ˜.
    If the suir is full ill be hitting the smaller rivers

Will all flights be grounded in and out of Italy now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭coastwatch

Quick calculation of current (active) cases per million population,

Iceland 173 per million (pop 340,000)
    South Korea 142
    Italy 132
    Iran 54
    Switzerland 43
    Norway 38
    Sweden 26
    Spain 23
    France 21
    Belgium 21
    Netherlands 18
    Denmark 15
    Austria 14
    Germany 14
    Singapore 12
    Estonia 7
    Ireland 5
    UK 4
    Czech Republic 3
    Portugal 3
    Japan 3
    USA 2
    Canada 2
    Poland 0 (0.44)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

tillyfilly wrote: »

I understand why they have to do that. But jesus that's a big call to make.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Strange there are no cases in the nw of ireland.

I know it's only a matter of time.

Maybe the virus is making it's way up the crap roads to the nw! Takes longer to get here.

I heard it reached as far as Leitrim and decided the place looked too desolate, bombed out and depleted and turned around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

The country will erupt. Did you see how they reacted when they couldn’t visit prisoners on C4 news?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Unprecedented in modern times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Cuckoo7 wrote: »
    I may be wrong but I think that those who have been prepping well ahead of time have done so much more rationally than those that will descend upon their local Tesco the moment we hit a big increase in infected.

Indeed yes! I think folk were equating getting extra stocks in gradually week by week with what most of us see as " stockpiling" ie two trollies full of toilet rolls or pasta . Maybe we need a new name for this? eg provisioning?

And in fact we have helped by doing it early as shops have had time to restock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Inevitable. But their version of lockdown means you can go about your business anyway. Take the train, bus, drive and feck off to wherever you want, just don't go to the airport.

Or does it mean that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,182 ✭✭✭Guffy

Marketing?

Lets visit our nation in the middle of a pandemic.:confused:

Lets create jobs in our country so that it's economy doesn't stall and people starve because we can't afford the dole visits.

Covid19 is already here. It will not be stopped and will run its course. We hope to slow it down so that we can be better prepared but Leo going to the white house won't do that. Get a grip of yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Blueshoe wrote: »
    If politicians around the world cared about at Patrick's Day then surely they would come here.

Is say it's marked in politicians calendars around the world. "17march visit from arse licking man from off the coast of the uk"

WhisperedVacantChicken-small.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Dr John has said the Italian quarantine of the northern regions is a disaster as there is an exodus from the area to the rest of Italy and abroad.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Okay, it's been answered 10 times already, one pack of paracetamol! Now back to the crisis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Blueshoe wrote: »
    If politicians around the world cared about at Patrick's Day then surely they would come here.

Is say it's marked in politicians calendars around the world. "17march visit from arse licking man from off the coast of the uk"

You guys are so naive to the soft power Ireland has from this. But I suspect your comments are mainly because of personal issues with lack of confidence or the simple fact it's because of who is in government.

Looking like early Summer (May/June) holidays in Europe unlikely? Any views?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,295 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Inevitable. But their version of lockdown means you can go about your business anyway. Take the train, bus, drive and feck off to wherever you want, just don't go to the airport. Or does it mean that?

It seems to mean the opposite... I think you can fly out of Milan but not get from Milan to Rome by car or train.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

They must have received a massive payoff from the EU to lock down the whole country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,679 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Does everyone know now you can only buy one pack of paracetamol?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The Italian Prime Minister has just declared the whole of Italy a red zone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

I heard it reached as far as Leitrim and decided the place looked too desolate, bombed out and depleted and turned around.

The post apocalyptic wasteland of Leitrim... I wouldn't blame it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Every country that has cases should go into lockdown and deal with the cases they have.

Drastic but necessary or the basterd of a virus won't be stopped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

The country will erupt. Did you see how they reacted when they couldn’t visit prisoners on C4 news?

No Western nation will be able to implement the Chinese approach.

They could hardly enforce the northern quarantine.

Don't see how possible for the whole country.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement