Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronavirus Part V - 34 cases in ROI, 16 in NI (as of 10 March) *Read warnings in OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Coronavirus has been limited to 1 pack per person in Tesco!

#loadabollox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

No clarity on what this "lockdown" actually means for Italy.

Will Irish citizens be allowed to return to Ireland now?

Are you being sarcastic? There was no restriction on Irish people returning!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Hurrache wrote: »
    Seizures caused by overdoses of Benylin because Tesco don't have a limit on that?

Just jump in a sauna for a day. Kills the virus .
    Don't worry about that benlyin coward juice.
    Sweat the Covid19 out

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Stewball

Every country in the EU should be closing it's borders for the next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

There’s no stopping the virus spreading but if slowed down it gives medical services some chance on responding effectively to it.

Nicely illustrated here :-

ESDx3NAXUAArOPX.jpg

The slower we can keep the rise the better.

Most of the cases here are not community spread... long may that last

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Can the government wheel out someone who has recovered and get them to tell the people how it was for them and how they feel now?

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭GolfNut33

This is fooking nuts lads and it's going to get a lot worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

The testing criteria is specific because we do not have a vast capacity for testing like other countries. Some countries don't have a large supply of test kits. These kits have only been manufactured over the last number of months and countries all over the world are looking for them. It is hard to keep up with demand.

The HSE are busy trying to contact everyone that has come into contact with the positive cases so far, hundreds of people.

Testing those people is a priority. We have to get through all contacts before we can test anyone else who thinks they have it.

Look how inadequate the list of affected areas is on what is the most important single webpage in the entire country, ever

https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/advice-for-people-returning-from-affected-areas.html

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

All of Italy on lockdown.
    Damn!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

The trade and jobs part is fine of course.

It's the going abroad on our national day is the issue. I do not believe these visits have ever created any jobs. No other country does these things on their national day and they are fine.

The jobs line is a myth.

No other similar sized country gets the exposure and access that we do, i totally despair of this country at times with people like you and the fact that you have no problem advertisng your stupidity for all to see :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

Looking at Italy on the map they are a peninsula and surrounded by the alps both geographical traits which could protect the countries around them , unlikely though !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Guffy wrote: »
    Do you really think all that happens on these visits is that the taoiseach and POTUS sit in a room for an hour or so and exchange a shamrock? These are annual trade talks as such to multiple countries around the world that generate jobs for Ireland.

Other countries would love to the have the access we do.

Guaranteed access one day a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

The restrictions in Northern Italy:
    Is this stopping flights into ireland from that region?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,676 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Italy on lockdown... airports still open. Makes sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

tillyfilly wrote: »
    Looking at Italy on the map they are a peninsula and surrounded by the alps both geographical traits which could protect the countries around them , unlikely though !

Well it didnt help so far

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

mossie wrote: »
    It's been that way for a long time.

I never knew that was the case!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Damn!
    Jeepers!
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-51810673

irishgeo wrote: »

Exposure and access to do what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

wakka12 wrote: »
    40% of the total cases in Europe are already outside Italy. Its probably too little too late

It's never too late to limit horror. Any action now we'll be thankful for in a couple of weeks time. It is late but it will hopefully put manners on leaders all over Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Amazing isn't it :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,617 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

No other similar sized country gets the exposure and access that we do, i totally despair of this country at times with people like you and the fact that you have no problem advertisng your stupidity for all to see :(

I see it differently.

There is a time and a place to advertise and get exposure. But surely not on our national day. It smacks of national insecurity and a lack of pride.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

How is it a lockdown if people can still go to work ��

Where else are people coming into contact? Will the train stations/buses be fully operational?

statesaver wrote: »
    Amazing isn't it :confused:
    As I've said all along, the Italians are making a complete balls of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,302 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Jesus a full lockdown on Italy.

More and more airlines will pull out now.

Hopefully though this might start to stop the spread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

We are really witnessing historical events

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

And we let plane loads of them in last week :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,741 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Depends which quarantine zone you are in and papers proving you're not sick.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Feel real sorry for Italy.
    We just have to stop our move to that scenario.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭briany

I think the overall message is that the economy must continue, even if loads of people get sick, and even if some of those people die. Good to know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I’m gone to the stage where I can’t like a comment with bad news, even if it’s bang on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

The term lockdown is used very loosely by the media and people in here.

Some were claiming half of China was on lock down affecting 700 million + Chinese while the levels of measures taken were vastly different in different regions with only 2 smaller areas on what could be considered total lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

Nicely illustrated here :-

ESDx3NAXUAArOPX.jpg

The slower we can keep the rise the better.

Most of the cases here are not community spread... long may that last

It's remarkably similar to this

505147.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Jesus a full lockdown on Italy.

More and more airlines will pull out now.

Hopefully though this might start to stop the spread

A drastic a measure as it is, it should have been done from the start when cases kept jumping, there was a lot to be learned from the chinese there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

JJayoo wrote: »
    The restrictions in Northern Italy:
    Is this stopping flights into ireland from that region?

3 airborne flights from Italy landing in Dublin tonight.

briany wrote: »
    I think the overall message is that the economy must continue, even if loads of people get sick, and even if some of those people die. Good to know.
    This is exactly what has happened. The governments of Europe have prioritised the economy over people's lives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,617 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

irishgeo wrote: »

This is another myth.

American presidents regularly meets foreign leaders all the time.

America is a diverse nation with numerous ethnic groups. America will regularly reflect on these traditions. St Patrick's is just one of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Stewball wrote: »
    Every country in the EU should be closing it's borders for the next month.
    Why ?

The virus is in every European Country now (first cases in Cyprus today).
    3800 cases in Germany plus France plus Spain.

Instead, all Countries should implement social distancing, cancel conferences and sport events, home working

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

-18,000 points is a stock market crash
    20,000 borderline recession.
    Currently at 24,000 points +

Watch the markets this week if you see more large drops be worried.

This was posted yesterday.

Well, after today I'm now worried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Demonique

If the government can afford to increase sickness pay, then they can afford to reverse the cuts to disability related payments

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

briany wrote: »

No economy means no food no utilities no medicine.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Can the government wheel out someone who has recovered and get them to tell the people how it was for them and how they feel now?

Sigh, there is no one recovered here, look up recovery times for this disease and do some research/have a think about things before coming up with this guff;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Ninthlife wrote: »
    We are really witnessing historical events

Never thought I'd see something like this. It's like a far fetched Hollywood disaster movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

gabeeg wrote: »
    Fair enough. Thanks for the info. Can I ask how you know all this?

The HSE are using the same crap list on their public facing pages
    https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/advice-for-people-returning-from-affected-areas.html

It's a relief to hear that it's not being used internally, but how many cases have been missed because people read the criteria on the most important coronavirus related website in the country and think they don't fit the profile?

Keeping with the rules of this thread - I'm not going to tell you where I work or my credentials, areas of study or anything like that. I'm just another person posting online and you should take my posts with the same weight as anyone on here citing reputable sources :)

Also I'm just as baffled as to why the HSE webpage is so horrifically outdated at this point. I've actually flagged this with HSELive as this is the website being pushed by the HSE/DOH/MSM for key public information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Damn!

First I've heard of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

reporter asked whether anyone case was the origin for more then 1 other case, Chief Medical officer wouldn't answer.

He did answer. He said he wasn't going to say anything that would lead to a person or persons getting blamed for spreading the virus.

The reporter was fishing for a story , hoping to put the blame on one individual. It was a lousy question to ask.

Sigh, there is no one recovered here, look up recovery times for this disease and do some research/have a think about things before coming up with this guff;)
    There's a survivor on the Claire Byrne show tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I heard a man interviewed on the radio at about 5pm today . He was on one of the cruise ships , he tested positive and his wife tested negative and still is negative
    He had mild symptoms , a cold and a cough , he said he was not really sick at all but needed three negative nose swabs before he was allowed out of quarantine . His wife went home to run the business and had some people avoid her etc
    He feels well and has no symptoms now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

This is exactly what has happened. The governments of Europe have prioritised the economy over people's lives.

Losing billions/trillions from global economies costs people their lives and livelihoods too.

• Advertisement

If economies collapse you will starve. Countries will fall into chaos. Forget about trying to stop the virus. It will be game over

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement