Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronavirus Part V - 34 cases in ROI, 16 in NI (as of 10 March) *Read warnings in OP*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Stop the world and let me off

From a lot of your posts I think that may have already happened.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

No, because it is not a full lockdown if people are allowed go to work. And unlike China, enough people in Italy will not listen to the Government so the lockdown will be futile.

That's not fair - this is a huge move by the Italian gov. They're not going as far as China because they can't. It therefore won't be as effective or fast, but it will work if they can keep it up. It will delay the virus significantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Johnny Drama_11

If a person with the virus in Ireland dies can it be kept private from the public?

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

Schools in north Dublin informing students to take home books day by day this week. They’re also setting up online learning on office 365 so students can’t communicate with teachers should schools close. Do schools know more info than we know?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

NIMAN wrote: »
    Jez, this is one fast moving thread.

Leave it for an hour and you're 15 pages back.

Actually what was the most popular thread ever on boards does anyone know!
    My god this one is at the top all day every day !

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

New Home wrote: »
    This was before the full lockdown. And if they involve the army with roadblocks and checkpoints, they may have to comply. I wouldn't exclude rioting, though.

The Italians are an emotional and non compliant people at the best of times. It isn't China. Will be interesting to see how these measures play out in society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

hawkwing wrote: »
    When you turn the map of Italy upside down it's almost unrecognisable and the angle of the leg is surprising

do you think it looks like a leg on someone doing a handstand ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

May you live in interesting times.

I miss the mundane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Logan Roy

Snowbiee21 wrote: »
    Schools in north Dublin informing students to take home books day by day this week. They’re also setting up online learning on office 365 so students can’t communicate with teachers should schools close. Do schools know more info than we know?

It's called making contingency plans......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

New Home wrote: »
    This was before the full lockdown. And if they involve the army with roadblocks and checkpoints, they may have to comply. I wouldn't exclude rioting, though.

Westerners in the 21st Century will not put up with a curtailing of freedoms necessary to implement that.

I would agree that we should expect rioting in Italy and then the implementation of Martial Law and curfews.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Italian lockdown will lead to Eurozone recession, as their economy was already struggling...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Just spitballing here. Perhaps Europe and all the major countries of the world should all in tandem agree to a two or three week moratorium on air travel, and a similar work from home where you can policy. Evreyone does it together and tackles it head-on for a few short weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

He did answer. He said he wasn't going to say anything that would lead to a person or persons getting blamed for spreading the virus.

The reporter was fishing for a story , hoping to put the blame on one individual. It was a lousy question to ask.
    thats what I meant when he said he didn't answer, I thought it was notweworthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

Eileen Dunne - "All Irish patients with covid19 are currently in isolation in hospital".

One of them on now - prerecorded telephone call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Your man on RTE News sounds grand, says he feels great, panic over, about time some sense came out of this mess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Ninthlife wrote: »
    Germany, Spain &, France will be watching Italy closely yo see if this has a positive impact
    They should have already started taking measures, but so far their governments have shown no intention to do so.
    3800 cases in total for Germany, Spain & France today.

Patient who has it going to be talking on RTE News about it after the break.
    at 1035pm?
    hope its not that doctor who brought it over from Italy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Yurt! wrote: »
    Just spitballing here. Perhaps Europe and all the major countries of the world should all in tandem agree to a two or three week moratorium on air travel, and a similar work from home where you can policy. Evreyone does it together and tackles it head-on for a few short weeks.

Nah common sense is not the way of the world.

Gods Gift wrote: »
    May you live in interesting times.

I miss the mundane.

The 90s were flipping great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Heard the local Secondary school were sent home today, I'm in North Co. Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Your man on RTE News sounds grand, says he feels great, panic over, about time some sense came out of this mess.

Panic over lads. Close the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Longing for the days of Brexit as the main news story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,265 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

It's called planning. You know? Just in case.

And I take it you meant "can communicate with teachers".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

If a person with the virus in Ireland dies can it be kept private from the public?
    It won't be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

at 1035pm.
    hope its not that doctor who brought it over from Italy

There was a bit of a snippet on the news there. He sounded alright anyway so thats good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,182 ✭✭✭Guffy

Actually what was the most popular thread ever on boards does anyone know!
    My god this one is at the top all day every day !

Any of the bigger games on the werewolves forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

Eileen Dunne - "All Irish patients with covid19 are currently in isolation in hospital".

One of them on now - prerecorded telephone call.

Where you hearing this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

fritzelly wrote: »
    I'm sorted

pile-of-toilet-paper-315x180.jpg

Your that c**t from the video. I justed wanted one. One. One.

where'd he get it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,676 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

If the fella on RTE was any more chilled about it he'd be in the freezer. Very positive interview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

So restricting movement within the country but fire ahead and fly wherever you want ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

I live in a flat with two lads who are disgusting, leave the communal areas in a mess, one misses the toilet and pisses on the back of the toilet. One is constantly sick, coughing, etc., there is very little hygiene so I'm fairly screwed...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

Yurt! wrote: »
    Well, you're unlikely to get infected standing in the middle of a field on your own all day.

Having said that, instinctively, I'd say that the average Irish person interacts with a similar amount of people to a British person an a regular day, so population density wouldn't make much of a difference. The exception being London commuters on the tube.

That makes no sense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

No, because it is not a full lockdown if people are allowed go to work. And unlike China, enough people in Italy will not listen to the Government so the lockdown will be futile.

My thoughts exactly. You can’t stop people moving within regions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

All because some idiot ate a bat??

The Chinese government need to compensate the rest of the world!!!
    Do you actually still believe it came from someone eating a bat? Does anyone else believe that?

Where you hearing this?

It was just on the news there now. Interview in full will be on the Claire Byrne programme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,937 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Yeh didn't hear in the UK chatting about it so?

She had cold like symptoms for a couple of days - and then suddenly felt grand for a few days - and then some days later woke up one morning with her room spinning seriously ill.

Seems to have on off effects on people as it progresses.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

How's Poland doing in all this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Italian lockdown will lead to Eurozone recession, as their economy was already struggling...

It's possible COVID-19 in general could cause a global recession even before the Italian lock down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

Apparently there was a raid on a hospital to steal face masks, I hope the thieves are unmasked eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

There was a bit of a snippet on the news there. He sounded alright anyway so thats good

Some people on here will be gutted if he recovers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Demonique wrote: »
    Disability allowance, disability benefit, blind pension, etc

There’s no such thing as disability benefit,
    It’s illness benefit.
    Illness benefit, disability allowance, and blind pension are all at the max payment of €203.
    Invalidity pension is at €208.50
    If you have DA or blind pension or IP then you are entitled to free travel and you may be entitled to Fuel Allowance, living alone increase and Household benefits package too depending on who else lives with you. Any cuts that were made during the recession have been reversed a long time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Where you hearing this?

Rte news

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Yeah lets organise a large public gathering for when he gets out to celebrate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Where you hearing this?

The news. More on the Claire Byrne show at 10.35.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

They dont want students to potentially lose a third of the year. Especially those in 3rd/6th year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

skimpydoo wrote: »
    Do you actually still believe it came from someone eating a bat? Does anyone else believe that?

You tell us.

https://youtu.be/QADi8sgtkfw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,176 ✭✭✭✭josip

namloc1980 wrote: »
    3 airborne flights from Italy landing in Dublin tonight.

As opposed to the flights that drive here overland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

cloudatlas wrote: »
    Yeah lets organise a large public gathering for when he gets out to celebrate.
    By the sounds of things your place is where it should happen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,679 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Blueshoe wrote: »

NOT Wuhan, not even China

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement