Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronavirus Part V - 34 cases in ROI, 16 in NI (as of 10 March) *Read warnings in OP*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Cuckoo7

Relieved it's only 4. However I fear that it'll get higher once Paddy's weekend is over.

Saying that I think the people of Ireland are generally being vigilant - I was in my local gym (small with very few members - only one other person there when I was there) and they had about ten bottles of Dettol spray and cloths around the place with instructions to wipe down any equipment you used before and after use.

Hand sanitiser and wipes in supermarkets.

Parades and flights cancelled. Companies making people stay home.

We're doing what we can.
    Are there hand sanitizers again in the shops?
    I haven’t been today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/10/hopes-rise-over-experimental-drugs-effectiveness-against-coronavirus

This drug is being assessed for use against the virus. They seem to be very hopeful that it will have a good outcome.

The articles says

“Gilead is trying to do two different trials in China, but they’re competing with all these other things going on. They’re actually having some trouble with recruitment now that the case load is decreasing.”

Along with the WHO they are saying that case loads are really dropping, I wonder do the anti WHO and Chinese brigade here think that Gilead are part of the conspiracy to hide numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

if every single person in a country wore masks at all times wouldn't this have a dramatic impact on new cases. not protecting people - but massively reducing infected spreading??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

So officially we have the containment phase, the delay phase and the mitigation phase. What comes after that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

Where can we watch the ongoing briefing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Are we certain it's 4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,428 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Over 100 tests carried out daily in Ireland. Are we supposed to be impressed with those figures ?

They've carried out 1000 only.

Those kind of figures does not inspire me. I reckon there are quite of lot of people with CV19 that hasnt been tested .

Well I'm certain that your feelings are more important than the actual facts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,979 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Relieved it's only 4. However I fear that it'll get higher once Paddy's weekend is over.

Saying that I think the people of Ireland are generally being vigilant - I was in my local gym (small with very few members - only one other person there when I was there) and they had about ten bottles of Dettol spray and cloths around the place with instructions to wipe down any equipment you used before and after use.

Hand sanitiser and wipes in supermarkets.

Parades and flights cancelled. Companies making people stay home.

We're doing what we can.
    Where did you get 4 from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Lord TSC wrote: »
    You don’t think the reason it’s all being linked to Italy is because they are only testing people who have links to Italy? :pac:
    We won't know until they share the genomic data of samples from the patients in Ireland.
    Then they can compare and find out if there is spread also from the US, for example.
    https://nextstrain.org/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

lawred2 wrote: »
    Who are they supposed to be testing? Do you think they should just pick the first 1000 they see and test them for optics reasons? To be seen to be doing something so that the likes of you are "impressed"?

What's the likes of me exactly

froog wrote: »
    if every single person in a country wore masks at all times wouldn't this have a dramatic impact on new cases. not protecting people - but massively reducing infected spreading??
    I really think so, but as we don’t have enough ...

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cw85

Source for this?

Rte news at 6

Mic 1972 wrote: »
    WHERE?? i cant find any

Soap out of a container or a bar of soap is prob better according to some, since a proper handwash associated with a good rinse removes more virus due to more vigorous action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Cw85 wrote: »
    Rte news at 6

I think it was 4 in Northern Ireland. ROI figures not out yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Rte news at 6

That's the numbers for NI, Republic numbers not released yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

4 in the North..hot here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Rte news at 6
    I'm watching RTE news. They've said nothing? The press conference hasn't even happened yet. It's 4 in Northern Ireland.

Soap out of a container or a bar of soap is prob better according to some, since a proper handwash associated with a good rinse removes more virus due to more vigorous action.
    Yes but you need water too if you use soap.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭GolfNut33

Over 100 tests carried out daily in Ireland. Are we supposed to be impressed with those figures ?

Those kind of figures does not inspire me. I reckon there are quite of lot of people with CV19 that hasnt been tested .

That's shocking, 1000 is practically nothing is the overall scheme of things. Sh1t is gonna get worse very quickly here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,319 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I'm watching RTE news. They've said nothing? The press conference hasn't even happened yet.

Correct.....not underway yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

I'm watching RTE news. They've said nothing? The press conference hasn't even happened yet.

Press conf. at 7(ish) I think.

NPHET meeting just ended now, briefing to health officials and then we'll have the outcomes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Well I'm certain that your feelings are more important than the actual facts.

You mean to tell me that only 100 people throughout Ireland a day has had similar symptoms and warranted being tested .

If you accept 100 a day is sufficient testing. That's cool. It's your opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

So officially we have the containment phase, the delay phase and the mitigation phase. What comes after that?

depression, and then acceptance

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭grazer

Is there a link to watch Dept of health update/briefing? I think it’s happening around now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭landofthetree

If it became the law that we all had to wear gloves would it not help as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Cuckoo7 wrote: »
    I really think so, but as we don’t have enough ...

what if everyone wore a handkerchief mask all day every day? disinfect them twice a day. that's gonna stop a hell of a lot of droplets.

it's cheap and every country in the world can do it.

0J8A0494_crop.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cw85

Apologies, I thought they had said 4 in the Republic

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Looting phase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I am on Dublin bus home. Sitting upstairs and a woman a good few rows back keeps coughing every 30-60 seconds.

Feck this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

GolfNut33 wrote: »
    That's shocking, 1000 is practically nothing is the overall scheme of things. Sh1t is gonna get worse very quickly here.

1,000 was the figure a few days ago. RTÉ news said it’s more like 1,700 at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

10 more and 1784 tests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,489 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

What's the likes of me exactly

Those wanting to be impressed solely by numbers based on nothing but feelings...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

10 more cases In ROI

SOURCE: DOH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

There is no numbers released for the Republic yet. Rte expecting a briefing soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Press conference on RTE news now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Here we go. Big jump in numbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

It's on rte news now

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

So going by the updates on here today min. 6 new cases here.

3 in Cork
    2 in Navan
    1 in Navan

Edit- it's actually 10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Stheno wrote: »

3 in Cork
    2 in Navan
    1 in Naas

up the dubs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 yasmina

Rte news at 6

There were 4 new cases reported in NI today.
    No numbers yet for the South.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

There's 6 new cases in Cork apparently, heard that today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Stheno wrote: »

3 in Cork
    2 in Navan
    1 in Naas

What happened the South and the East and so on?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Doyler99

10 new cases of Covid-19 have been confirmed by the Department of Health, bringing the total in the Republic of Ireland to 34.

With 16 cases also in Northern Ireland, there are now 50 cases on the island of Ireland.

Over 1,700 tests have been conducted.

Taken from RTE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,450 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

what if everyone wore a handkerchief mask all day every day? disinfect them twice a day. that's gonna stop a hell of a lot of droplets.

it's cheap and every country in the world can do it.

]

Completely ineffective. Thread count too low and loose to be a barrier to this virus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

10 new cases confirmed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,319 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

10 new cases in the Republic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

eeepaulo wrote: »
    It's on rte news now

'rte news now', or rte news, now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Martina1991

I'm terribly sorry our capacity to test the nation doesn't impress you, my Lord.

Medical Scientists working extra hours and increasing their service with no extra staff isn't good enough for you.

Maybe you can offer your services.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

10 new cases!!!!

and still the North, South, East, West crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,450 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

10 new cases. RtE

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement