Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronavirus Part V - 34 cases in ROI, 16 in NI (as of 10 March) *Read warnings in OP*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

The Chinese have a lot to answer for, they learned nothing from SARS 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

fritzelly wrote: »
    Vaccine 12 months away if not more - I for one wouldn't be taking any initial vaccines
    Dunno what else could be done if this comes back within Europe in the winter with a vengeance. Cannot keep shutting down countries

Well if you were high risk then people would be more likely to take a chance on a vaccine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

Am I the only one not nosy enough for a pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

KWAG2019 wrote: »
    9005 posts. Beasty asleep. Wouldn’t it be great if thread slipped over 10,000 posts while he slept?

I have a funny feeling thread six is going to include a warning about keeping the quality of the posts up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Borgo wrote: »
    What the fu*k does be going on at all in this thread

Wouldnt you like to know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,679 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

niallo27 wrote: »
    Well if you were high risk then people would be more likely to take a chance on a vaccine.

Would be heading in that general direction - would rather take my chances my own immune system fights it off than an unproven vaccine rushed to market (as seems to be happening). And I am not an anti vaxxer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,176 ✭✭✭✭josip

I have a funny feeling thread six is going to include a warning about keeping the quality of the posts up.

Maybe even a thread curfew so that we don't get it over 10000 again and bring down boards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

niallo27 wrote: »

I want to go to London for the vaccine trial. I really do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,790 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

To the mods

I assume you realize the futility of direct action against me. We have no wish for further loss of life.

I have comrades in arms around the world who are languishing in prison.

The American State Department enjoys rattling its saber to its own ends...now it can rattle it for me.

My comrades and I demand we are sent this PM without delay.

You have two hours to comply.

what did I miss?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,200 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Vaccine 12 months away if not more - I for one wouldn't be taking any initial vaccines
    Dunno what else could be done if this comes back within Europe in the winter with a vengeance. Cannot keep shutting down countries

Vaccines would be one way but they might think of other novel ways to disrupt transmission of the virus, either physically or medically.

The virus needs a lot of things to go in its favour to infect millions of people.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Funnily enough I was tested for the virus last week while in hospital so I’m not going to infect anyone here :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

tillyfilly wrote: »

The stopped it completely in their country?While Germany and Ireland U.K. and Norway all announced predictions for 40-60% of their populations to contract it?

wakka12 wrote: »
    The stopped it completely in their country?While Germany and Ireland recently announced predictions for 40-60% of their populations to contract it?

they started this fire and unleashed it on the world !

Chinese have nothing to answer for. Maybe that bats inhabit their country FML

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

nocoverart wrote: »
    They have extra Toilet Roll?

One for everyone in the audience

Strazdas wrote: »
    Vaccines would be one way but they might think of other novel ways to disrupt transmission of the virus, either physically or medically.

The virus needs a lot of things to go in its favour to infect millions of people.

I'm curious what novel ways can you think of?
    If this becomes seasonal then there is pretty much nothing to stop it circumnavigating the globe every year
    I guess we will see how it goes over the year and if it mutates to a weaker strain no more worse than the flu

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,656 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

9005 posts. Beasty asleep. Wouldn’t it be great if thread slipped over 10,000 posts while he slept?
    I'll just close it and delete all those over the limit - already 223 posts deleted from this thread and 865 across all 5 threads...

Oh, and I'm still awake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Funny, as in, we're all laughing our heads off.

Better quality posts, from who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭Straffan1979

ecoli3136 wrote: »
    Cheltenham.

Morons.

The clowns taking their medical direction from Dr Google’s , FB and Twitter and spreading it like a virus all over social media.

Morans .

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

To the mods

I assume you realize the futility of direct action against me. We have no wish for further loss of life.

I have comrades in arms around the world who are languishing in prison.

The American State Department enjoys rattling its saber to its own ends...now it can rattle it for me.

My comrades and I demand we are sent this PM without delay.

You have two hours to comply.

To which the standard reply would have to be;

453558_1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,938 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Chinese have nothing to answer for. Maybe that bats inhabit their country FML

ESxykTSXgAE3o6y?format=jpg&name=small

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,656 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

what did I miss?
    42 was the answer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,176 ✭✭✭✭josip

The quoted post was #8979 and is unedited.
    What kind of trickery is this?

Just to be really weird and add to the confusion this post is, by chance, #9005

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    One for everyone in the audience

Wait for the LLS on Friday and guess what...(not like they've never done it before)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

As long as they keep out of hospitals and old folks homes!

Been cooked up in school, touching, coughing on each other, teachers and SNAs is an ideal way to spread this virus.

Detention School best place for the little darlings...

Most parents would agree I reckon ... :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

old_aussie wrote: »
    Funny, as in, we're all laughing our heads off.

Better quality posts, from who?

I think it might be time for the joking to stop.

Italy for the last few days has being a mess I really hope that does not unfold here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

tillyfilly wrote: »

I went on an absolute rampage on them last night and regret it now. They’re showing compassion now and helping the Italians out, that’s good enough at this stage.

they love it when a plan comes together ! The ChinA-team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

sudzs wrote: »
    I don't know why but I read your entire post in a Liverpool accent and it sounded GREAT!!

Jamie Carragher to a tee.

I really don't think that's something we can expect from some of the prolific posters in these threads - I would like to be proven wrong though, so that's your challenge for the next one

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

nocoverart wrote: »
    I went on an absolute rampage on them last night and regret it now. They’re showing compassion now and helping the Italians out, that’s all we can ask at this stage.

Great bunch of lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Beasty wrote: »
    I'll just close it and delete all those over the limit - already 223 posts deleted from this thread and 865 across all 5 threads...

Oh, and I'm still awake

Finally some believable Covid facts and figures

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,852 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

89814415_1907602816040359_7401569213380296704_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=2d5d41&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=OHC5bmg-PoYAX86fdr3&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&_nc_tp=14&oh=11ae034df2d4f8659b02bc5793559f0a&oe=5E96054B

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

I assume China have had the tweet removed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Wait for the LLS on Friday and guess what...(not like they've never done it before)

Not so, they did it without an audience during the bad snow in '18

Now they're going to do it without an audience for the next 2 years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭KWAG2019

josip wrote: »
    This was post #8979 and is unedited.
    What kind of trickery is this?

Between the typing and the posting he who cannot be named struck.

Friday the 13th, no less:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

The clowns taking their medical direction from Dr Google’s , FB and Twitter and spreading it like a virus all over social media.

Morans .

The Moran’s are spreading it??
    I was only talkin to one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

owlbethere wrote: »
    I want to go to London for the vaccine trial. I really do.

BEWARE !!! This could be you ......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Oggie Moran.

• Advertisement

Great bunch of lads.

I know and I get it, but I realized we’re better putting energy into our great little nation and save the blame towards them for another time.

Summer2020 wrote: »
    Could someone send me the pm please

It's nothing bar big numbers and schools closures tomorrow

Oh, and I'm still awake

Can’t stay awake forever beasty. And on that note I’m off too bed. Until tomorrow my friend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

wakka12 wrote: »
    The stopped it completely in their country?While Germany and Ireland U.K. and Norway all announced predictions for 40-60% of their populations to contract it?

Did you read that from their open media? Are you aware there are millions of people isolated,starving to death, people losing jobs and never able to https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/07/world/asia/china-coronavirus-cost.html

Can’t stay awake forever beasty. And on that note I’m off too bed. Until tomorrow my friend
    Don't worry, I've arranged for your PM inbox to be jammed full by the time you wake up....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Oh, and I'm still awake

Get some sleep in... it's going to be a busy...18 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,973 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Friday the 13th, no less:eek:

I cancelled the Dentist the last Friday the 13th, if I knew then what I know now god only knows what I’d cancel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,938 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,200 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I'm curious what novel ways can you think of?
    If this becomes seasonal then there is pretty much nothing to stop it circumnavigating the globe every year
    I guess we will see how it goes over the year and if it mutates to a weaker strain no more worse than the flu

It would mean thinking outside the box instead of just going down the usual vaccine route. Something (perhaps a medical intervention) that would disrupt transmission of the virus and slow down the spread.

So far, the virus has had a free run at things because it caught everyone off guard.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement