Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronavirus Part V - 34 cases in ROI, 16 in NI (as of 10 March) *Read warnings in OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

https://news.sky.com/story/nadine-dorries-health-minister-tests-positive-for-coronavirus-11954928

Reckon that we'll need to combine the CoVid19 and Brexit threads if the UK MPs start going down in any numbers.

What's the age breakdown of the House of Commons anyway, I know the House of Lords will surely be ****ed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,679 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

I wonder is there any chance this corona virus might help Mayo win Sam this year?

Conspiracy thread
    >

laurah591 wrote: »
    Has Hubei restarted its manufacturing industry or is the region still on lockdown?

As far as I know still on lockdown

edit
    Tell a lie (within reason)
    https://www.thestar.com.my/news/regional/2020/03/10/china-to-ease-travel-curbs-within-locked-down-hubei-province

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

Hubei figures on Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University
    Today, day 'disease curbed' declaration by Premier Li in Hubei.

Cases confirmed 67760
    Cases existing 16993
    Cases recovered 47743
    Cases dead 3024

Cases resolved 50,767
    death rate of resolved 6%

death rate of confirmed 5%
    existing of confirmed 25%
    recovered of confirmed 71%
    (standard rounding to nearest whole number)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

I wonder is there any chance this corona virus might help Mayo win Sam this year?

As long as they don’t piss off some witch.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Tommybojangles

Tomrota wrote: »
    Neither will ours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

laurah591 wrote: »
    Yes, the way i read that - community transmission case that did not meet crieria for testing

The current positivity rate in those that did meet the criteria and were tested is very low at 1.9% I agree that community testing needs to start but there would need to be some criteria around it also. Maybe anyone with suggestive symptoms could be referred by their GP? Important to bear in mind that there's quite a bit involved in testing eg staff (clinical and admin) change of PPE for each patient, specimen transport, testing itself and communication of results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Uber eats guy refused to touch my food package, really? It's fine dude lick my hands if you like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Spook_ie wrote: »
    https://news.sky.com/story/nadine-dorries-health-minister-tests-positive-for-coronavirus-11954928

Reckon that we'll need to combine the CoVid19 and Brexit threads if the UK MPs start going down in any numbers.

What's the age breakdown of the House of Commons anyway, I know the House of Lords will surely be ****ed.
    A journalist on Sky News now is saying to expect a lot more British MP's to get Covid-19.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,647 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,200 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Goldengirl wrote: »
    Handwashing?

No, something medical or scientific. If they could develop a drug that reduces the symptoms of CV for example or speeds up the recovery.

They just need to find something that interferes with the transmission of the virus.

An infrected friend of the woman who brought the virus back to Vietnam last week flew has flown back here in a private jet at a cost of 370k USD.

"On March 2, the unnamed woman developed a cough, but didn’t have a fever. She was admitted to a hospital in London for treatment. On March 7, she started coughing a lot, but still had no fever. After hearing about Nhung being infected with the novel coronavirus, she returned to the hospital and informed doctors about her contact history. The London hospital required her to be isolated at home but no Covid-19 test was done.

The woman’s family then rented a private plane to fly her from London to Vietnam. The plane landed at the Tan Son Nhat International Airport at 8:15 a.m. Monday. Health authorities in Ho Chi Minh City quarantined her at the Cu Chi field hospital and took her samples for testing. The tests came back positive the same day."

Nothing that interesting. Just a very rich family. Better than lying like her friend did. She could end up in prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Cartel Mike

Paddys Day Parade has been called off where i am (by the mayor!). I think everyone is relieved to be honest.. apart from pubs understandably.

Thankfully this thread has calmed down a bit . The scaremongor and drama queen accusers cant exactly troll anymore . I'm sure they can see what the rest of us could see two weeks ago (and more). Those of us who are lucky enough to have parents left dont want them going out with this virus.. not like that. Were all on the same side .
    P.S i wasn't having a go at anyone with my troll comment ,i dont have time to waste with any kind of bickering nonsense.

i think we could do with some sunshine or even a slight rise in average tempetares for march this year to help slow this thing down a but that wont happen unless the gulf stream rises a bit which currently isn't happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,044 ✭✭✭con747

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,211 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Strazdas wrote: »
    No, something medical or scientific. If they could develop a drug that reduces the symptoms of CV for example or speeds up the recovery.

They just need to find something that interferes with the transmission of the virus.

Yes, that's all they need to do...I think I'll go to bed and wake up to a new fresh thread where fairytales and unicorns and PMS about nothing are banned ..night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,647 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Goldengirl wrote: »
    Yes, that's all they need to do...I think I'll go to bed and wake up to a new fresh thread where fairytales and unicorns and PMS about nothing are banned ..night.

You don't appear to have even read the discussion I was engaged in. I was talking in the context of the Sky News report speculating that millions of people could die worldwide in a rebound of Covid 19 in the autumn. I was saying this would give scientists time to try and find something or a procedure that would interfere with or slow down transmission of the virus, whilst still working on development of a vaccine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

How can Mayo win an All-Ireland when there won't be a championship? Or any sport for about a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,938 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Larbre34 wrote: »
    How can Mayo win an All-Ireland when there won't be a championship?

They can win it by saying afterward "it's not our fault no one else turned up".

Japan, South Korea both reporting sharp increase in new cases today.

Japan reports it's highest daily total of new cases so far.

China also reports minor increase but significantly 6 of those cases are in Beijing.

• Advertisement

Japan, South Korea both reporting sharp increase in cases.

Japan reports it's highest daily total of new cases so far.

China also reports minor increase but significantly 6 of those cases are in Beijing.

Lets hope its just a minor bump in the road - if it continues to increase then Houston we have a problem

close the schools immediately. Dont go to mass, stay close to home, only go out when essential. End of story.

Thats all is needed to do to stop the thing from spreading.

Who cares if public transport grinds to a halt, who cares if the GAA losses a few quid, who cares if the pubs are quiet for 6 months, and the tourist season is cancelled this year.

This is an emergency and it cant be about commerce.

Thanks for this article, its exactly what I was arguing today. :)

The virus expert on the Tonight Show on VM1 took issue with this this evening though. He said you have to have a six month strategy at least.....simply closing down everything in the country in the morning mightn't even work. The country comes back out of lockdown in a month's time and then the virus flares up again.

He's one Irish expert cautioning against knee jerk reactions and panicky moves by the state, without people even thinking or understanding what they are doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

GM228 wrote: »
    P.S.

A further pedantic little rant, why on earth does the media the world over keep reporting about the deadly COVID-19 virus? There’s no such virus, the virus infecting people is the new SARS-CoV-2 virus, the resulting disease it can cause is the new COVID-19 disease. (Be honest, how many people were actually aware of that?)
    Yes, COVID is the disease, (the D stands for disease) . But saying "COVID Virus" doesn't imply "the virus is called Covid", could also be saying "the virus that causes COVID". The latter is informal, but not incorrect.

Same way that people informally say "the common cold virus" or "chickenpox virus". Neither of those are viruses either, they are diseases caused by viruses.

Latest from the Fatherland

769,w=756,q=high,c=0.bild.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47 machomac

Latest from here in Australia with a breakdown of where the virus was sourced.

112 cases. 4 dead.

60 in New South Wales
    15 in Queensland
    6 in South Australia
    2 in Tasmania
    15 in Victoria*
    4 in Western Australia
    10 associated with the Diamond Princess cruise ship

Further details:

15 of the initially reported cases in Australia all had a direct or indirect travel history to Wuhan, China
    10 cases, including 1 death, are associated with the Diamond Princess cruise ship repatriation flight from Japan
    18 cases are reported to have had a direct or indirect travel link to Iran
    39 cases are reported to have had a direct or indirect travel link to countries including the United States of America, United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom, Italy, Iceland, Singapore, Thailand, the Republic of Korea, Japan, Indonesia, Philippines, Taiwan, Cuba, Trinidad and Tobago, Nepal, Egypt, Austria, France, Spain, Hong Kong.
    27 cases, including 2 deaths, do not have a reported history of overseas travel
    8 of these cases are associated with an aged care facility in NSW. 2 residents of this facility have sadly died
    2 cases are either directly or indirectly associated with attendance at a workshop
    17 cases are close contacts of known cases, with further details pending
    The likely place of exposure for a further 3 newly reported cases is under investigation
    Of the 112 Australian cases reported, 24 of these cases are reported to have recovered.

Still kinda business as usual. Similar to Ireland as far as I can tell. Talks of sports behind closed doors etc but nothing concrete. No flights allowed from Italy, Iran, South Korea and China. A few more schools and universities closed as cases detected. They opened drive through testing yesterday in Adalaide which is a great idea. Might see a few more of them pop up around the place soon. Must be 50 to 55 cases in Sydney however its hard to get a figure on this. Considering it is a city of 5.25million with a huge Chinese population as well as a very transient international population the cases seem very reasonable at this stage. Time will tell however....could blow up very quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Latest from the Fatherland
    Also from das Fatherland: Angela Merkel (is she still in charge?) - ...warns up to 58 MILLION Germans - 60-70% of the population - 'will' be infected.

Actually thought the uk were being slightly pessimistic when they said aiming for upto 50% penetration. Meanwhile many in Ireland still commment: only the flu' couple weeks, be grand.

The more this virus reveals of itself, the more sinister and purposeful in it's nature, it would appear to be.

Anyway (as always) folks: prepare for the worse, hope for the best.

machomac wrote: »
    Must be 50 to 55 cases in Sydney however its hard to get a figure on this. Considering it is a city of 5.25million with a huge Chinese population as well as a very transient international population the cases seem very reasonable at this stage. Time will tell however....could blow up very quickly.
    Syd is currently having an Irish (decent) equivalent summer 21-24oC all week long, with about 50% humidity. UV and temps might be indicative of what to actually expect ,come post peak in May-June for the N.Hem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Xertz

I’m starting to go from just being concerned to feeling this whole thing is far too close to home and seemingly has no end in sight.

I’ve relatives who are elderly and others who’ve lung issues and I even am getting a bit paranoid about this as I’m getting a tickle in my throat today and just didn’t leave the house and worked from home.

I’ve various work projects cancelled, up in the air or being driven by people who don’t seem to be taking any of this seriously - so that’s all one extreme to the other.
    In one case I may be doing loads of work on something that’s likely to be cancelled.

I took on a piece of research that involves fieldwork which I basically can’t safely do. So that’s scrapped for now and again I’m being told I’m taking it too seriously.

And to make matters really bad there seem to be no end in sight for months or possibly even into 2021.

I honestly think I’ll have to just go walk on a beach tomorrow, far away from people coughing or I’ll go cracked! I don’t want to pick anything up pass anything on. So I’m just going to keep away from places with people and clear my head.

If this is the “new normal” I’ll need a lot of walks on the beach and some very chilled out music.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

Somebody recommended the Lancet resource page earlier here - I can’t find who now in the big tide of posts. Anyway it is excellent, not too technical. I think they know the readership will be a wide one for this topic:

https://www.thelancet.com/coronavirus

One example:
    What do these comparisons with influenza A and SARS imply for the COVID-19 epidemic and its control? First, we think that the epidemic in any given country will initially spread more slowly than is typical for a new influenza A strain. COVID-19 had a doubling time in China of about 4–5 days in the early phases.3 Second, the COVID-19 epidemic could be more drawn out than seasonal influenza A, which has relevance for its potential economic impact. Third, the effect of seasons on transmission of COVID-19 is unknown;11 however, with an R0 of 2–3, the warm months of summer in the northern hemisphere might not necessarily reduce transmission below the value of unity as they do for influenza A, which typically has an R0 of around 1·1–1·5.12 Closely linked to these factors and their epidemiological determinants is the impact of different mitigation policies on the course of the COVID-19 epidemic.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)30567-5/fulltext

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

The major problem is I think the lack of concrete evidence being presented or reasons for clusters of the virus like in Northern Italy.

Given the Sky news figures

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-fatalities-in-italy-rise-to-631-with-10-000-cases-now-confirmed-11954715

And an absolute mortality rate of 6% or so there, you would expect someone in authority to actually quantify why the death rate is so high, is it age, Italian genetics, Italian health care in general, Italian health care being overwhelmed or what?

Are we heading for a European crisis based on what's happening in Italy, and to lessor extents in Spain, France, Germany, UK etc. in which case we probably are completely fvcked!

Syd is currently having an Irish (decent) equivalent summer 21-24oC all week long, with about 50% humidity. UV and temps might be indicative of what to actually expect ,come post peak in May-June for the N.Hem.

Yeah a few thoughts on this...

1. Maybe higher temps slows it down

2. Higher portion of people spending a larger percentage of time outdoors instead of confined spaces. This would only be slight as people still obviously go to work.

3. Maybe less people getting tested because its not cold and flu season so could be a lot of fit healthy people walking around with no noticeable symptoms but carrying it none the less.

4. None of the above

Latest from here in Australia with a breakdown of where the virus was sourced.

112 cases. 4 dead.

60 in New South Wales
    15 in Queensland
    6 in South Australia
    2 in Tasmania
    15 in Victoria*
    4 in Western Australia
    10 associated with the Diamond Princess cruise ship

Further details:

15 of the initially reported cases in Australia all had a direct or indirect travel history to Wuhan, China
    10 cases, including 1 death, are associated with the Diamond Princess cruise ship repatriation flight from Japan
    18 cases are reported to have had a direct or indirect travel link to Iran
    39 cases are reported to have had a direct or indirect travel link to countries including the United States of America, United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom, Italy, Iceland, Singapore, Thailand, the Republic of Korea, Japan, Indonesia, Philippines, Taiwan, Cuba, Trinidad and Tobago, Nepal, Egypt, Austria, France, Spain, Hong Kong.
    27 cases, including 2 deaths, do not have a reported history of overseas travel
    8 of these cases are associated with an aged care facility in NSW. 2 residents of this facility have sadly died
    2 cases are either directly or indirectly associated with attendance at a workshop
    17 cases are close contacts of known cases, with further details pending
    The likely place of exposure for a further 3 newly reported cases is under investigation
    Of the 112 Australian cases reported, 24 of these cases are reported to have recovered.

Still kinda business as usual. Similar to Ireland as far as I can tell. Talks of sports behind closed doors etc but nothing concrete. No flights allowed from Italy, Iran, South Korea and China. A few more schools and universities closed as cases detected. They opened drive through testing yesterday in Adalaide which is a great idea. Might see a few more of them pop up around the place soon. Must be 50 to 55 cases in Sydney however its hard to get a figure on this. Considering it is a city of 5.25million with a huge Chinese population as well as a very transient international population the cases seem very reasonable at this stage. Time will tell however....could blow up very quickly.

Australias numbers are likely incorrect. Unfortunately they are not really testing for community transmission. They claim it hasnt really taken hold but they are only testing people with symptoms and travel history and contacts of known cases. So how would you know about community transmission? Potential disaster in the making there with numerous large scale events going on. Adelaide for example, with its drive through testing, just held the fringe festival for a month, large scale once a year car racing, large scale once a year horse racing, and WOMAD (world of music festival). The criteria for getting the drive through testing done is strict.
    Patients in need of a test will require a referral from their GP before they can attend the drive-thru

"This is a pathology collection point only at this stage and we will be making it very clear to GPs that they'll need to see the patients first and then refer the patients onto here after they've organised a collection time, and provided us with a request form."
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-10/australias-first-coronavirus-road-testing-station-opens-adelaide/12041978
    The latest advice, published in updated interim guidelines produced by the Communicable Diseases Network Australia (CDNA), recommends clinicians consider testing people with ‘a clinically compatible illness’ who have previously travelled to Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Singapore, Thailand, Iran, South Korea, Italy or Cambodia within 14 days of symptom onset.

Passengers who have only been in transit through an airport in these countries should not be considered as a ‘person under investigation’.

The original update came more than two weeks after a Sydney GP, who helped identify one of the first confirmed cases in Australia, called for expanded testing criteria after they had multiple requests for coronavirus testing denied on the basis of travel history.

‘My fear is that the number of cases in Australia is getting much, much higher. But, unfortunately, we have set an artificial barrier for confirming the actual number,’ the GP said at the time.

‘The policy needs to be changed.’
    https://www1.racgp.org.au/newsgp/clinical/coronavirus-criteria-expand-again

Very very few countries are dealing with this correctly, many are trying to look like they are though. Its all optics here at the moment. If they are lucky the weather is a factor.

update - Australia up to 133 now - stupid testing criteria

https://twitter.com/NSWHealth/status/1237574679138668545
    https://twitter.com/dhpeterson/status/1237577925286719494

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/coronavirus-dfat-announces-new-travel-advice-for-italy/live-coverage/9109d07e09c0b922baad25f8e39a6e95

Spook_ie wrote: »
    And an absolute mortality rate of 6% or so there, you would expect someone in authority to actually quantify why the death rate is so high, is it age, Italian genetics, Italian health care in general, Italian health care being overwhelmed or what
    Hopefully it's not down to any mutation there. Some projections I've heard, have figures that would make the 6% figure blush.

Most likely the aged population (many over 80s), would hold the key to their very high figures. This factor may clarify as data increases (doubling every few days or so), hopefully that's all it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭bogwalrus

Just saw the sky news clip inside italian hospital. A bit of an eye opener for me. Looks like the patients are in an awful condition with virus.

Yeah a few thoughts on this...

1. Maybe higher temps slows it down
    2. Higher portion of people spending a larger percentage of time outdoors instead of confined spaces. This would only be slight as people still obviously go to work.
    3. Maybe less people getting tested because its not cold and flu season so could be a lot of fit healthy people walking around with no noticeable symptoms but carrying it none the less.
    4. None of the above
    UV exposure along with higher temps might be the biggest factor to breaking down the viruses cell membrane. Hence why even simple hot water and soap also destroy enveloped viruses, damaging it's outer fatty membrane, rendering it useless.

UV also helps build up general human immunity via Vit.D.
    Also, summer means: school holidays (young ones can be super-spreaders).

Australias numbers are likely incorrect. Unfortunately they are not really testing for community transmission. They claim it hasnt really taken hold but they are only testing people with symptoms and travel history and contacts of known cases. So how would you know about community transmission? Potential disaster in the making there with numerous large scale events going on. Adelaide for example, with its drive through testing, just held the fringe festival for a month, large scale once a year car racing, large scale once a year horse racing, and WOMAD (world of music festival). The criteria for getting the drive through testing done is strict.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-10/australias-first-coronavirus-road-testing-station-opens-adelaide/12041978

https://www1.racgp.org.au/newsgp/clinical/coronavirus-criteria-expand-again

Very very few countries are dealing with this correctly, many are trying to look like they are though. Its all optics here at the moment. If they are lucky the weather is a factor.

Agreed mate. The criteria for getting tested is ridiculous at this stage. Seems to be similar in a lot of countries. Wonder what the reason for that is? Do governments simply know they don't have the resources to handle a 'free for all' testing scenario where everyone with a runny nose flocks to a testing centre. That would also be a bit of a disaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Must be 50 to 55 cases in Sydney however its hard to get a figure on this. Considering it is a city of 5.25million with a huge Chinese population as well as a very transient international population the cases seem very reasonable at this stage. Time will tell however....could blow up very quickly.

Most of the NSW cases are in the greater Sydney area but north of Sydney itself. And about half of the Australian cases are resolved.

UV exposure along with higher temps might be the biggest factor to breaking down the viruses cell membrane. Hence why even simple hot water and soap also destroy enveloped viruses, damaging it's outer fatty membrane, rendering it useless.

UV also helps build up general human immunity via Vit.D.
    Also, summer means: school holidays (young ones can be super-spreaders).

Schools went back end of January. Universities end of Feb.

bogwalrus wrote: »
    Just saw the sky news clip inside italian hospital. A bit of an eye opener for me. Looks like the patients are in an awful condition with virus.
    As long as it's not young adults, as there are reports of young folks brushing it off within a couple of days without hardly any symtoms.

Two strains with different capabilities of this thing would be bad news.

Italy also has a great healthcare system, it has double the amount of top-end oxygen bed/units compared to the uk.

N.Ire (Tory underfunded, and years of dithering) has it bad, their IntensiveCare beds are (today) already at '95% full/max capacity', and WuFlu hasn't really arrived yet there in any real sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Summer2020

I Started out in January thinking this was a China only problem. The last day or so has me seriously worried that this could change our way of life forever. This has all the hall marks of a seismic event in world history. The years of unhindered worldwide travel and open borders could be over.

Schools went back end of January. Universities end of Feb.
    Oops forgot about that, you're essentially entering a N.Hem typical September. Still, your Sep/Oct down at Manley/Coogee beach, is like an Irish summer with bells on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,044 ✭✭✭con747

As long as economists are telling the Government and their medical experts what to do it will spread a lot faster than if they actually listened to the non Government related experts who just care about saving lives not money.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Summer2020 wrote: »
    I Started out in January thinking this was a China only problem. The last day or so has me seriously worried that this could change our way of life forever. This has all the hall marks of a seismic event in world history. The years of unhindered worldwide travel and open borders could be over.

Not to worry, things will eventually tick up once there's money to be made and our dead have been buried.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

con747 wrote: »
    As long as economists are telling the Government and their medical experts what to do it will spread a lot faster than if they actually listened to the non Government related experts who just care about saving lives not money.

Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

Climate change: reusable coffee cups
    Pandemic: ban reusable coffee cups

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Has anyone asked the simple question of the HSE of they actually have the capacity to undertake community testing?

Because I don't believe they can do this. We already know that this virus spreads exponentially.

I was in Madrid last week and caught the flu while there. In two weeks Spain will be the new Italy. At which point the guidelines will be updated to include Madrid as a hotspot.

I, like everyone, get the flu each year so I'm not going to self isolate based on the guidelines.

Has anyone asked the simple question of the HSE of they actually have the capacity to undertake community testing?

Because I don't believe they can do this. We already know that this virus spreads exponentially.

I was in Madrid last week and caught the flu while there. In two weeks Spain will be the new Italy. At which point the guidelines will be updated to include Madrid as a hotspot.

I, like everyone, get the flu each year so I'm not going to self isolate based on the guidelines.

So, you were in Madrid last week and caught the flu.

Did you call your GP?

Or are you screwed in the head? Which is it?

I'd really like to know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

What am I going to call my GP for? I had a very mild flu like I've had before. I didn't develop it after an incubation period. I literally for it the day I arrived.

Is everyone who gets flu supposed to call their GP?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement