Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part V - 34 cases in ROI, 16 in NI (as of 10 March) *Read warnings in OP*

Options
1322323324325326328»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,310 ✭✭✭facehugger99

We either say that we aren’t bothered containing it and let it play out or we are on top of ALL potential cases.

You think we have the capacity in our system for that?

That's hilarious.:D

Ok,

I am no hypochondriac, i have probably been to a doctors once in the past ten years, never miss days from work from illness, was only ever in hospital for a broken bone.

I never have any wheezing in my chest as i do not smoke etc.

I asked a legitimate question,

who should i call, GP or Ambulance service for testing, thats all.

OK do NOT phone 999, that is the emergency number and they are busy enough as is.

Phone your GP, like you would for any other illness

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    Thsts a bizarre statement. What is your source for stating that skiing exposes you to the virus?

Skis are known vectors for the covid-19 pathogen. :pac:

It's obvious that I'm talking about skiing holidays in northern Italy specifically, which was the reason that most of the Irish people going to northern Italy in February and March seem to be going to this particular location.

Superfluous explanation is superfluous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

This is just mixed information. There is a worldwide virus wreaking havoc in a near European country. People have to be either safe or sorry. What’s the alternative? Just be like ah sure **** it, I’ll get on the bus, go to the shops, go to work and do whatever else and then spread the virus even more.

We either say that we aren’t bothered containing it and let it play out or we are on top of ALL potential cases.

On top of all potential cases means complete close down of everything and everyone barracked in their homes and we all agree not to surface again for a few weeks. Well those of us who haven't died of some other disease, starvation or the cold when the ESB stops running on account of their staff also being locked down.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,310 ✭✭✭facehugger99

who should i call, GP or Ambulance service for testing, thats all.

You're seriously asking on a Social Media thread full of doom-merchants if you should call an ambulance?

Really?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,488 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Beasty wrote: »
    IBTL

5, 4, 3, 2, 1 .......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

https://edition.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-outbreak-03-11-20-intl-hnk/h_ef3ff323a2d526fff2906d0137664fc6
    Almost half of Bahrain's citizens evacuated from Iran have tested positive for coronavirus.
    Iran must have several million cases at this point in time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Did a big shop there.

I find it hilarious that the spaghetti is completely spaghetti is cleared off the shelves, dry and chilled. But there's LOADS of penne, tagliatelle, and loads of other pasta types. As if the shape of pasta is important....

A Tagliatelle Bolognese isn't the same, we must maintain our cuisine standards during this difficult time. Any variance from normality would only fuel the panic.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭ThePopehimself

Getting very close now CinemaGuy 45...#9845 :eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Think I got through to a few Corvid-19 deniers today.

I mentioned the "wartime" triage situation in Italy.

The fact that older people unfortunately aren't being treated in favour of younger patients because of the shortage of ICU bed was an eyeopener for some and reality hitting home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

ITman88 wrote: »
    Do you honestly think 20000 extra people are going to die this year, that’s 20000 above the average yearly death rate of circa 30000?
    So in Ireland this year the death rate will be 50000??

The WHO places the fatality rate of covid-19 at 3.4%. There's nearly 5 million people in Ireland.

You do the maths.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,488 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Beasty wrote: »
    5, 4, 3, 2, 1 .......

Thunderbirds are go, and new thread here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement