Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some stuff to giveaway

Options
  • 08-03-2020 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭

ITEM: Various - see below
    POST\COLLECTION: Collection\Meetup
    PRICE: Free
    PAYMENT METHODS: N\A

Hope mods don't mind, but I have some stuff that I thought might be of interest to the folks here that are otherwise destined to the e-waste. I could stick it up on Adverts either but I'm hoping someone here will get some use out of them, I once spent a lot of time on this forum and would like to give back to it!

I'm based in Athlone, but I work a couple of days a week in City West if suits better. Would prefer to give as a bundle for handiness sake

1) Original Xbox

This is a black original xbox, I can't test it fully as I don't have a TV with the correct input anymore (Yellow Red White, composite?). It does turn on, and when it boots the light turns yellow (which I believe means its booting into XBMC)

The foot pads are missing, which is no big deal but it would indicate that I opened it, so I would not be surprised at all if there is a decent size hard drive in it (I used to put 320gb-500gb hard drives in with SATA to IDE adapters), I dont know for sure though.

It only comes with video cable and the controller breakaway connector (why I have one of these and no controller, I dont know). If you were feeling crafty, you could use the breakaway connector to build a USB jig out of it.

2) 3DS XL

red 3ds xl with a broken top screen (I think, no charger to turn it on) but It comes with a replacement screen I bought for whatever is broken with it.

Seems to be in perfect condition and even comes with a stylus! No game or charger though

3) Original DS

Aqua blue (it looks like something I would have replaced before i.e not stock) original DS (the phat one)

I dont have a charger for it so I can't test it, but I know for sure the battery seems dead (measured 0v on the battery with a multi-meter, which is bad for a lipo!)

It comes with DSTT cart with a 2gb memory card (no idea whats on the memory card) and also even comes with a stylus!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Hey I wouldn't mind the ds and 3ds , if anyone else wants the xbox , but if its handier I can take the lot

• Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Hey Dr Bob,

They are yours for the taking! I would prefer to just organise to meet up with one person as I'm pretty time poor at the moment, but if you really don't want the xbox then don't worry about it, If I can arrange for someone else to take it great but worse case is I will be going into the recycle centre in the next couple of weeks anyways.

PM if you'd like to organise meeting up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

cheers!
    Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

I'd like the original X box if I can get it. Collect from Bob if the OP is too busy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement