Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poll have you avoided eating anywhere since the Chronavirus started

Options
  • 08-03-2020 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭

Trying to gauge the effects the virus has had on your habits..

Have you avoided take aways and restaurants as a result of Chronavirus? 116 votes

I haven't went or ordered a Chinese
    81% 94 votes
    I haven't went or ordered from an Italian or Italian Chipper
    6% 8 votes
    I haven't had Chinese or Italian
    0% 0 votes
    I've avoided eating out in general
    2% 3 votes
    I'm a savage me, I'd eat anything.
    9% 11 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭frillyleaf

No. I wouldn’t fly to heavily affected regions eg China or Italy but it hasn’t changed where I would go or eat in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

No changes to my habits yet anyway unless there are restrictions put in place i can't see myself making any changes either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Salary Negotiator

Made very little difference to my life so far.

Hands are cleaner but that’s about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I've stopped eating bat soup

• Registered Users Posts: 15,578 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Jesus, I'd love a Chinese tonight.

Beef in Black Bean Sauce, Boiled rice, and of course Prawn Crackers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

I have stopped taking Dublin Bus in the mornings and walk the 40 minutes each way to the office.

Not avoiding all shops but avoiding overly crowded bars/restaurants. Making judgement calls looking in the door.

Avoiding gyms also in favour of outdoor exercise.

Tuesday is my Russian Roulette day when I meet friends to watch Cheltenham.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Empty_Space

I stopped nipping out to China for the weekend to enjoy the cuisine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

It reminded me about Chinese Takeaways, so I had one last night.
    Place was jammers.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I bring baby wipes and clean the bus cab before I drive.... Only change I've done....

Seen a other driver today with a mask on.....

Eating out or in has had no change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

Misleading poll choices. A bit like this:

I haven't went or ordered a Chinese but I haven't done that in two years anyway.

I also haven't been to a chippers but I'd only do that 3 or 4 times a year anyway.

So if I answered any option here, people would think it's a vote to changed behaviour even though I haven't.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

I’m avoiding Eating Italian pu$$y.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

It's not I'm afraid of the actual food but it's the people who work in those places. They could be infected and spread it while preparing the food. Pity cause I love my local Italian

• Registered Users Posts: 7,358 ✭✭✭bladespin

Lost as to why it would stop you eating certain foods????

• Registered Users Posts: 28,584 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Those poll questions are making my eyes hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

looksee wrote: »
    Those poll questions are making my eyes hurt.

I'll change it give me some suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

Have you avoided take aways and restaurants as a result of Chronavirus?
    I haven't went or ordered a Chinese I have avoided Chinese
    I haven't went or ordered from an Italian or Italian Chipper I have avoided Italian chippers
    I haven't had Chinese or Italian I have avoided both
    I've avoided eating out in general - ok
    I'm a savage me, I'd eat anything. no
    New option - I wouldn't have gone to either anyway

Waiting for look-see 2cent...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

Gods Gift wrote: »
    I’m avoiding Eating Italian pu$$y.

What are you replacing it with

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭Deagol

What's a Chronavirus ? Is it some relative to the big news item at the minute - Covid19?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

I've been growing my hair long for about 14 years. I usually wear it down. I don't have time for styling it and ponytails don't look great. I'm considering cutting it very short on case somebody coughs or sneeses on my back and the wind blows my containmained hair into my face.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭This is it

I'll change it give me some suggestions

It's not the options it's how they're phrased I'd imagine.

"I haven't went..."?

This is it wrote: »
    It's not the options it's how they're phrased I'd imagine.

"I haven't went..."?

Ah right it's the grammers, can't see a way to edit it, going back to making chocolate mousse...

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Dog day

Mr.S wrote: »
    To each their own and all that, but a bit OTT at this stage, no?

Seconding this. TBH I thought that post had to be a joke! Seriously OTT in my humble opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Deagol wrote: »
    What's a Chronavirus ? Is it some relative to the big news item at the minute - Covid19?
    It's a side effect of hearing about Covid-19, quite contagious too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,091 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

We haven't changed yet but as the situation is going to mushroom in the next few weeks I can see myself avoiding the pub & restaurants for a few weeks. Trip to Peru in three weeks and we might or might not go. We'll decide a day or two before I think

Dog day wrote: »
    Seconding this. TBH I thought that post had to be a joke! Seriously OTT in my humble opinion.

Depends on if you're immunocompromised or elderly. I'm immunocompromised but concluded that I'm relatively because of my age group. If I pick something up, it likely won't hit me badly. But if I had something that affected my lungs, I'd be taking different routes to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Tired Gardener

Talk about over reacting. This is as daft as people running out and buying several loafs of bread when there is a storm. If your restaurant/take away of choice had such low hygiene that staff cough and or sneeze on the food, Covid-19 is the least of your worries.

Utterly ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

I bring baby wipes and clean the bus cab before I drive.... Only change I've done....

Seen a other driver today with a mask on.....

Eating out or in has had no change.

This is interesting, and with you being a bus driver your opinion here would be very welcome. Supposing things start to get really bad. If requested by your employer, and provided with what you needed to do it safely, would you and your colleagues use disposable wipes to wipe down/sanitize ALL the hand rails on the bus each time you reached the terminus?

I ask because I suspect this will be how it will spread - on public transport?

I'm not trying to put you on the spot here, just wondering if you think it's a runner. Cheers.

Apologies all, after re-reading my post, I realise it's off topic. Sorry about that, chiefs!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Dog day

Depends on if you're immunocompromised or elderly. I'm immunocompromised but concluded that I'm relatively because of my age group. If I pick something up, it likely won't hit me badly. But if I had something that affected my lungs, I'd be taking different routes to work.

That’s a fair point however I didn’t get the impression that this was the case in the post I was referring to. The more vulnerable absolutely should take extra precautions within reason.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Rufeo

I am behaving the same way. I'll get coronavirus

Advertisement