Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mft1552 meter acting up

Options
  • 08-03-2020 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭

Anyone had a problem with insulation resistance not working on their meter? Shows the 500ma when applying the test button. I have checked and verified that the four fuses are good.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Podge201

Just a follow up on this, I sent it off to megger in the UK and said it cost £250 to repair and calibrate. Is it worth spending this money on it?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

If it doesn't fail again it is worth the money. I found Megger to be a good make but my personal preference has always been Fluke.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

Podge201 wrote: »
    Just a follow up on this, I sent it off to megger in the UK and said it cost £250 to repair and calibrate. Is it worth spending this money on it?

How old are the testers.
    How much is p&p
    What cost is a new meter (and an alternative make)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

I much prefer Megger. However I understood that the 1500 series was no longer supported so I am surprised that they offered a repair on it. The rotary switches are ther most common failure with them.

https://www.test-meter.co.uk/metrel-mi3000-easi-plus-multifunction-tester/

I have one of these and it’s an excellent piece of kit for the price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Syncpolice

meercat wrote: »
    https://www.test-meter.co.uk/metrel-mi3000-easi-plus-multifunction-tester/

I have one of these and it’s an excellent piece of kit for the price.

I see they do a pass and fail for their Zs , Ze here

Can that be setup for our regs

Syncpolice wrote: »
    I see they do a pass and fail for their Zs , Ze here

Can that be setup for our regs

Yeah. No issues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Podge201

I declined getting a repair, I'll put that cost towards buying a new one now. I have a lend of a meter for a while due to the Chinese virus and another company I work with after downscaling.
    I'll probably get a new megger or fluke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

The 1741 is great. And I have arranged for it to be upgraded to a 1741+. But it's not such a great time to be sending it away now in case the factory is shut for a while and I can't get it back.

Advertisement