Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Installation West Dublin

Options
  • 08-03-2020 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for someone to install a HKC alarm in West Dublin? Buying a new build soon and would like to get a few quotes once we move in. Not looking for anything too fancy just a bit more up to date. Self monitoring, shock sensors etc. No cameras or anything.

I hear some are paying the installer a fee to pay HKC, ideally I'd like to just pay directly.

Fairly new to alarms, just looking to get something decent. Most people in the estate have gone with old school, cheaper stuff so can't get any recommendations from them unfortunately.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for someone to install a HKC alarm in West Dublin? Buying a new build soon and would like to get a few quotes once we move in. Not looking for anything too fancy just a bit more up to date. Self monitoring, shock sensors etc. No cameras or anything.

I hear some are paying the installer a fee to pay HKC, ideally I'd like to just pay directly.

Fairly new to alarms, just looking to get something decent. Most people in the estate have gone with old school, cheaper stuff so can't get any recommendations from them unfortunately.

Have a look on the PSA website for list of installers in your area.
    All the above is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

altor wrote: »
    Have a look on the PSA website for list of installers in your area.
    All the above is possible.

Thanks, but I was hoping to get some recommendations as there's 221 listed for my area. It would be great if I could narrow it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fireball81

We used Lara Electrical for a new build- no issues (we use the HKC app too)

www.lara.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Fireball81 wrote: »
    We used Lara Electrical for a new build- no issues (we use the HKC app too)

www.lara.ie

Be careful.....

505731.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fireball81

degsie wrote: »
    Be careful.....

505731.jpg

Odd - site works fine for me still.

They've been around for years so are legit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Fireball81 wrote: »
    Odd - site works fine for me still.

They've been around for years so are legit.

Yep, site works but they haven't bothered with a site SSL certificate. Very sloppy for a 'security' company.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Thanks, but I was hoping to get some recommendations as there's 221 listed for my area. It would be great if I could narrow it down.

I see your dilemma, Best advice is to call a few out and see what they offer and price like for like.
    There is also a list installers on the list here which help out on boards which will cut the list.

Advertisement