Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colm Meaney was on The Tommy Tiernan show last night.

• 08-03-2020 2:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,245 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

Just seen this on FB now and just about to watch it. Delighted he is first on too. He even talks about DS9 in it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Watched this on RTE Player last night.

Nice interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,245 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Just watched it there myself now. Came across as very calm and cool Colm and even a bit funny too. If he had of stayed slim and not forget most of what he done in Star Trek maybe he could have got his own show.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,682 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Ah he's a national treasure

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Braids

I thought Tommy was personally out of line asking Colm if he ever felt stupid on Star Trek. He's questioning Colm's work indirectly by asking this, the acting professionalism Colm had to give to the role. Star Trek is heavily admired, the fan base is huge from all walks of life.
    Strikes me that Tommy said it without really considering how rude it was. Colm handled it beautifully tho- and audience was cool in their support!

Sadly we fell asleep during the Roisin Murphy interview - what and where was that going?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,682 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,893 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Braids wrote: »
    I thought Tommy was personally out of line asking Colm if he ever felt stupid on Star Trek. He's questioning Colm's work indirectly by asking this, the acting professionalism Colm had to give to the role. Star Trek is heavily admired, the fan base is huge from all walks of life.
    Strikes me that Tommy said it without really considering how rude it was. Colm handled it beautifully tho- and audience was cool in their support!

Sadly we fell asleep during the Roisin Murphy interview - what and where was that going?

I don't watch the show or Tiernan generally but watched the clip..

Tommy Tiernan is just one of those guys who is his own biggest fan I reckon. Thinks he's hilarious and wants to be validated as such.

Meaney handled it great as you say. Regardless of how much of his work on Trek he might have forgotten, he's obviously not forgotten how do deal with guys like Tiernan trying to boost their profile at his expense.

Advertisement