Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2007 Dell monitor compatibility

Options
  • 08-03-2020 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭

I am buying a Dell Optiplex 7070 but I don't want to buy a monitor as I have one from a Dell Dimension I bought in 2007. It's listed as "DELL 200WFP (Analog)" in Device Manager. The video card on the 7070 is Intel® Integrated Graphics.
    It's a fairly old monitor but I don't want to buy a new one unless I really have to. Does anyone know if it will be compatible with that card?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Monitor compatability is not really an issue except for HDCP for certain video uses. That monitor likely doesn't support HDCP (and definitely doesn't over VGA which is what you are using. HDCP is for digital interfaces only)

However, the 7070 seems to only have DisplayPort ports on the back in some specifications, meaning you'll need an adapter. These can be got for a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭lukin

L1011 wrote: »
    Monitor compatability is not really an issue except for HDCP for certain video uses. That monitor likely doesn't support HDCP (and definitely doesn't over VGA which is what you are using. HDCP is for digital interfaces only)

However, the 7070 seems to only have DisplayPort ports on the back in some specifications, meaning you'll need an adapter. These can be got for a tenner.

Is it a DisplayPort to VGA adapter you are referring to? I can get one of those as part of my order.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Yes. Certain models of the 7070 can be specced with a VGA port on it directly, but I suspect most can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭lukin

L1011 wrote: »
    Yes. Certain models of the 7070 can be specced with a VGA port on it directly, but I suspect most can't.

Thanks. I will buy the adapter just to be sure. It says this on the spec of the 7070 though: "Support up to three monitors with two native DisplayPort and optional third video port. Choose from third DisplayPort, HDMI 2.0b, VGA or USB Type-CTM Alt Mode."

Advertisement