Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claim after DUI?

Options
  • 08-03-2020 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I recently got involved in a crash while under DUI.
    The insurer said I must pay for all the damages caused, cause I lost control of the car.(true)
    Is there anyway I can dispute or claim in this case, or am I liable to pay the full amount?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭con747

Baddriver wrote: »
    The insurer said I must pay for all the damages caused, cause I lost control of the car.(true)
    Is there anyway I can dispute or claim in this case, or am I liable to pay the full amount?

Pay up and take whats coming, you deserve it.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Baddriver wrote: »

It's in the terms, it's something they are coming down on hard and will do whatever is necessary to get the money.

There is no legal way out of it.

Work out a payment plan and talk to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,982 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

It is in the terms and conditions of your policy and rightly so. Not only does it encompass your own repairs, but they can recoup any outlay to a 3rd party

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

What do you mean by this? As in you have to pay yourself i.e. you are not insured because you were drinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,579 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I’m so glad to see insurance companies stepping up against the people who need to be squeezed rather than just increasing everyone’s premium instead.

Pay up OP, your 100% responsible for this damage and so should be paying 100% of the costs. You’ll also be shafted sideways for premiums for the next five years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,397 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Presume you're off the road as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,982 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Wesser wrote: »
    What do you mean by this? As in you have to pay yourself i.e. you are not insured because you were drinking?

You won't be entitled to indemnity under your own policy, which is different to being uninsured

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I smell a troll. 1st post. We don't use the term D.U.I. here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Poor attempt really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭con747

This is the 5th I have encountered in the past week.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement