Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a FS for around 2k

Options
  • 09-03-2020 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hey all,

I'm looking to buy a full suspension bike for around 2k (before bike for work deal). I've been looking at the Marin Hawk Hill 2.

Does anyone have any other recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭boomdocker

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭opentarget

boomdocker wrote: »

Lovely bike. Unfortunately they don't accept bike to work from the Republic. I had my eye on a Vitus gravel bike that fell through as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Peck3277

I've had a look at some reviews and a lot of people seem to be saying it's a really good bike for the money.

Would this be considered a bike that is easy to upgrade? As it's a 1x12 I imagine it would be easy enough to upgrade components?

Looking at this opentarget it looks like they are accepting the bike to work scheme from here now, might have been different last time you looked? https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/r-pl/cycle-to-work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

^^^
    I bought mine on the bike to work scheme from a UK supplier. The company just used a company credit card to pay in GBP and the total amount in Euro was processed through payroll. Can your company not do it that way?

MBSnr wrote: »
    ^^^
    I bought mine on the bike to work scheme from a UK supplier. The company just used a company credit card to pay in GBP and the total amount in Euro was processed through payroll. Can your company not do it that way?

Never thought of that, we have a separate business registered in the North so could probably work that out alright!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭opentarget

Peck3277 wrote: »
    I've had a look at some reviews and a lot of people seem to be saying it's a really good bike for the money.

Would this be considered a bike that is easy to upgrade? As it's a 1x12 I imagine it would be easy enough to upgrade components?

Looking at this opentarget it looks like they are accepting the bike to work scheme from here now, might have been different last time you looked? https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/r-pl/cycle-to-work

Hmm. That's odd, I contacted them directly at the start of Feb and they said they weren't taking it. I'd be super pissed off if they just got it wrong as the bike I wanted was far better spec for the money than what I ended up getting from a local bike shop. Haha

Id just contact them to confirm. But it looks like you are right based off the link you sent.

[/url]

what would you want to upgrade on a new, well specced €1,800 bike?

boomdocker wrote: »
    what would you want to upgrade on a new, well specced €1,800 bike?

Nothing in mind at the moment really more if I have any notions in a few years. Maybe suspension with more travel or a different dropper post.

Nothing in mind at the moment really more if I have any notions in a few years. Maybe suspension with more travel or a different dropper post.

Far better idea, in my view/experience, to upgrade your bike every few years.
    As a matter of fact if I look back at the last 10 years, it's almost a necessity - things have changed so much as far as components, geometry etc...

Ride the bike for a few yrs, then sell it on whilst it's still worth something, upgrade...

Advertisement