Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John 3:7 has passed. RIP

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Was just after seeing that on Twitter. He always seemed extremely popular with other fans at the Gaelic Grounds. Very few of the city's old characters left now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

RIP Frank

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭sliabh 1956

I am sad to hear that I first met him in Limerick in 1977 and i have met and spoken to him over the years the last time was after this years All Ireland naturally he was thrilled with Tipps win . Frank had a wide sporting interest but the Gaa was his first love. The thing he was most passionate about was his "Faith in Jesus" hence his bringing his sign all over the country What endeared him to me was his love of all things Cork and he being a Tipp man. A truly Christian man, May he rest in peace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭moby2101

RIP

An absolute gentleman

I remember meeting him for the first time at the Feile Trip to Tipp in 1992. Had a great chat with him and met him at numerous games and events down thru the years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Ah very sad I remember a gang of us pissed as flutes having the craic with him at a Kildare game in Portlaoise a few years back I think v Limerick. RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

One of the iconic GAA figures. Any idea why his sign changed from 3:16 to 3:7 over the years?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭adaminho

One of the iconic GAA figures. Any idea why his sign changed from 3:16 to 3:7 over the years?

Cause Stone Cold said so!

Advertisement