Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is there anywhere safe to travel to for a few days?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Emirates airlines really are the best when it comes to cleaning their aircraft, if only Ryanair were remotely as good:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭str8talkingguy

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Emirates airlines really are the best when it comes to cleaning their aircraft, if only Ryanair were remotely as good:

I'm honestly not bothered in the slightest about this virus other than somebody trapping me somewhere against my will,bit of comfort bit of half decent entertainment as long as its reasonably clean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Amsterdam is okay to go to, right?

Thinking of booking a last minute 3 day break somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I've decided not to go anywhere. The situation globally has changed so much since I started the thread. I have a close relative with serious lung issues and while I'm not at all worried for me, I'm terrified for them. This is not a time to be selfish. Later in the year when things are clear I look forward to travelling again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭satguy

Caranica wrote: »
    I've decided not to go anywhere. The situation globally has changed so much since I started the thread. I have a close relative with serious lung issues and while I'm not at all worried for me, I'm terrified for them. This is not a time to be selfish. Later in the year when things are clear I look forward to travelling again.

You made the right choice,, it was obvious that air travel was not a safe thing to do at this time..

see here,, Spain air space shut down
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058061540

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

satguy wrote: »
    You made the right choice,, it was obvious that air travel was not a safe thing to do at this time..

see here,, Spain air space shut down
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058061540

You quoted a thread that said Spanish airspace is not shut down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

I'm honestly not bothered in the slightest about this virus other than somebody trapping me somewhere against my will,bit of comfort bit of half decent entertainment as long as its reasonably clean.

What a selfish attitude!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Christ some people are so selfish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭satguy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Why the f*ck are some of ye so obsessed with travelling? I'm being serious

Can ye not just stay at home for the sake of a few weeks? Where do you get the money from in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Grueller Baby

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Where do you get the money from in the first place?

Some people actually work for a living....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Drive to Donegal.

As I type we are currently Covid free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Some people actually work for a living....

Most of us work for a living. How do ye afford all these holidays and travel? Can ye not just stay at home until this pandemic eases a bit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭mulbot

Most of us work for a living. How do ye afford all these holidays and travel? Can ye not just stay at home until this pandemic eases a bit?

Can you not afford a holiday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

NIMAN wrote: »
    Drive to Donegal.

As I type we are currently Covid free.

Might have spoke too soon.:eek:

• Advertisement

What do you spend your money on?
    I spend mine on travel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭rdhma

Good pandemic map here.
    https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Won't be travelling myself, Antarctica looks safe though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Some people earn enough to like travelling alot. Nothing wrong with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

what would possess you to set foot on a cruise ship at the moment?

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    That's just scaremongering...!

Only flights which are restricted now are in and out of China, Iran and Italy.

Most airlines will cut flights by up to 25% due to lower demand, if people start suggesting that "All flights" are grounded then it just spreads more panic.

Ryanair are grounding most of their fleet for the next 7-10 days. But I suppose they are just scaremongering too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Fascinating thread to see how quick things changed!

Advertisement