Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating oil big drop

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭cute geoge

Crude oil prices have tumbled today so lads should hold off into next week to get better price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭thomas 123

I'm sure someone will have some reason for it to stay up high - lower oil prices seems to just mean greater profits for the big boys in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Treatystone

Emo Oil Limerick 500litres €615. Not much change. Where in Limerick is the cheapest ? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭con747

Certa is around €603 for 500L using code WRK30 but it might fall a bit yet with oil down and refining costs down but who know's.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,956 ✭✭✭enricoh

Crystal ball time - is the Israeli Hama's thing gonna send oil back up? Need kerosene for mine n my ma's, around 2000l.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,043 ✭✭✭✭cena

I would guess yes it well go up. better get it asap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,167 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'd expect the crude price to rise 3-5% in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭cathy427

How is it looking since?

Price on 500 litres here (West Tipp/Lim border) have drop about €12 since end of last week. So seem to have factored in the change you highlighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭cute geoge

it looks to be trending back but slowly ,i dipped my tank and it is about 1/3 full so will hold tough .Higher interest rates seems to have a negitave impact in china economy and this looks to be the driver of backward oil prices at present

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

With all that's going on in the middle east I wouldn't be surprised if we see an increase in prices again.

Anyway I bit the bullet and topped up my tank with 500 L tonight for €588.

Hopefully it will be a mild winter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Do the prices on cheapestoil.ie include VAT? Can't see it on the site

Never mind. Checked one of the links and it does

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,240 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I enjoy Certa's price. They are the dearest in my county but if you add the discount code they are then about mid range. Poor attempt at marketing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭mayota

Certa mayo 500l €566 with Wrk30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

SAVE €20 on 500 litres or more of home heating oil with code HOT20*

and get a €10 coupon to use on your next petrol/diesel fill-up of €50 or more. Order by 4 November 2023.

Got that email from TOP

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Hatshepsut

Cheers for the TOP info, I need to get oil and with promo code would make it the cheapest oil for me of the suppliers locally. But when I add that promo code on their website, it's saying- no promotion found.

Is the offer specific to aome parts of the country only?

Should I call them instead and say - oh my cousin was offered this in an email?

Nit asking you your business, but whereabouts in the country ate you based? I'm mid west

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Hatshepsut

I was using HOT20* instead of HOT20. Sorted now and ordered, was simple and easy. Thanks billbond4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭vigos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

In Galway a bit of phone haggling, and reference to www.cheapestoil.ie, just got me down from €1,180 to €1,079 for 1000 litres. Still expensive compered to the east cost though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭wassie

Still, prices trending downwards still over the last month.

[Source:cheapestoil.ie]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,659 ✭✭✭obi604

is there such a thing as black Friday deals on oil?

Not really, some will probably knock a few quid off and make a big deal out of it. Prices are falling steadily at the minute though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,659 ✭✭✭obi604

ah ok.

I know ye don’t have a crystal ball but is now a good time to buy or wait a bit more - thoughts.

Brent crude is down, the dollar is at a good rate and refining costs dropped a bit so it's a coin toss IMO. With the way stuff is happening with all the wars who knows, it can change at any stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ramasun

Big winds and fragile china.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

going to drain the tank and fill it when it's <100cpl 🤪 which could be next week at this rate 🥳. this lovely mild weather is helping as well.

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

"Since I no longer expect anything from mankind except madness, meanness, and mendacity; egotism, cowardice, and self-delusion, I have stopped being a misanthrope." Irving Layton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Need to check whats left out there, but still hoping to hold out a while....Crude oil lowest since July, petrol, prices seeing some big drops also.

If I do have to buy I might go small QTY first. even if there's 5cent between 300L and 500L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Begrudgingly the local robbers here have finally dropped below 1.80 glad not to be at their mercy anymore 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭theminstrel

Top Oil

Get €15 off 500 litres or more of heating oil with promo code FRI15.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Kerosene price per litre on 500 ltr purchase in the Limerick/North Tipperary area ranging from 108c to 112c today. Anyone got better price?

Advertisement