If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

soundbar with phone input

Options
  • 09-03-2020 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,384 ✭✭✭✭

hi,
    im struggling to find a soundbar with some decent amounts of inputs, just trying to setup something less bulky than hifi seperates (which) have a pile of.

was looking a the Q Acoustics m3 which looks perfect  (even found an open box one on your website but its gone) but i cant find it for sale anywhere.

any suggestions welcome 

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

hi,
    im struggling to find a soundbar with some decent amounts of inputs, just trying to setup something less bulky than hifi seperates (which) have a pile of.

was looking a the Q Acoustics m3 which looks perfect  (even found an open box one on your website but its gone) but i cant find it for sale anywhere.

any suggestions welcome 
    Hi Ednwireland.

Thanks for the post.

The clearance M3 has been sold and the product is now discontinued.

Most soundbars are limited to their inputs unfortunately unless you are will to go into the higher price brackets.
    Most entry and mid level ones only use HDMI or Optical as these are the most common outputs a TV will have. Some add a 3.5mm jack input as the AUX.
    They will usually include the like of Blutooth also for connecting mobile devices etc for streaming music or audio.

What is it that you are looking to connect via Phono cable?
    You might get away with a 2 Phono to 3.5mm jack and use this to connect from your source to a soundbar.

The first with the Phono input i can find on our site would be the Yamaha YSP2700 priced at £499
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202216-yamaha-ysp2700-black-soundbar.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,384 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

what about a soundbase?
    cambridge audio tv5 v2 or q acoustics media2 m2

what im trying to do is connect a tv and  turntable (yes ill need a phono stage) and a couple of other bits

redesigning a sun room with a big recliner sofa and some funky furniture so don't want a pile of separates sitting there (most of it will go )

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Ednwireland,

thanks for the posts, as a rule soundbars and soundbases have really limited inputs - specifically for the reasons you, yourself are looking for one - ie to minimise cabling... I think you should try a different approach to arrive at a better output..

..if you want multiple inputs including a Phone input into a soundbar you will are really limited and you will spend a fortune, however if you look at a Wi-fi or casting soundbar then you will be able to connect multiple inputs into it - wireless. 

I would specifically look towards the Yamaha Musiccast series - I have recently installed a Musiccast system in my own home and I'm seriously impressed with it ( it replaced a Sonos system) - your control is all via phone or pad, you can stream via a phone or pad and also connect up any other Yamaha Music cast product and use them as a source or play them all rooms together.

You can even add the VINYL 500 Yamaha casting turntable - I've just got one and it's re-vitalised my vinyl collection - its literally freestanding and sends the output via good quality wifi ( rather then Bluetooth) to any Music cast product.

You can start with the Yamaha Bar 40 - you can check it out here:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203663-yamaha-musiccast-bar-40-4080-streaming-soundbar.aspx

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

dont want to go down the phone control route is usually a pain - never found a system that works as well as switching between inputs nd the other half definitely wont.
    might just go for the cambridge unit

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

dont want to go down the phone control route is usually a pain - never found a system that works as well as switching between inputs nd the other half definitely wont.
    might just go for the cambridge unit
    Hi ednwireland,

To be fair I've spent the afternoon playing with the Musiccast app setting up a 5.1 system and it is very user friendly!

The Cambridge is a great soundbar as well though!

Let me know which one you'd like to go ahead with.

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

how much would the CAMBRIDGE AUDIO TV5 V2 be ?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Ednwireland.

The TV5 V2 would be priced at £199.00.
    It was 5 star reviewed in What HiFi and had the elusive phono input.
    Pending stock - Kenny
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202341-cambridge-audio-tv5-v2-sound-base.aspx

Hi Ednwireland.

The TV5 V2 would be priced at £199.00.
    It was 5 star reviewed in What HiFi and had the elusive phono input.
    Pending stock - Kenny
    can i take one of those thanks

ed

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi ednwireland,

no problem - you can grab it here at £199 with delivery at £6.99:

or if you prefer to pay in Euro then its just €249 including delivery here:
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202341-cambridge-audio-tv5-v2-sound-base.aspx?swapstore=1

Just so you are aware the TV5 does have more inputs than the standard soundbar / base but it is still limited to 1 * line level Phono input / 1 * 3.5mm input / HDMI and optical input - if you want to connect your phone you will have to ensure that your phone has a compatible output and you have the correct lead.

Thanks again and as ever keep us posted if we can help :)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.