Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Move to Gorey. Advice needed.

Options
  • 09-03-2020 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have moved to Gorey and I am seeking some advice in terms of utilities.
    I am looking to get TV/Broadband set up and I am just wondering if anyone has suggestions of who to with. I require a good internet connection for work so that's what I am most interested in.

Any other suggestions about getting set up, the town or anything else would be greatly appreciated. I moved down alone and literally know nobody! :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Marhay70

https://switcher.ie/broadband/compare/broadband-packages/?region=wexford&place=gorey&product_type=broadband

I'm with Vodafone myself and no real issues, I've heard bad things about Eir but no first hand experience. I get my TV from FTA satellite once you get the dish aligned properly it's as good as any.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Liberal_irony

Sky have a decent deal at the moment. Try bonkers.ie to compare the lot

• Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

It depends on the house really. If it’s internet ready there is little to separate the providers apart other than price/promotions. If the house needs to get work done to get broadband in it could take weeks depending on the engineer you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Tumbleweed2

Thanks for the advice all, I bought a new build, so I just found out I need to get a phone line installed. C. 6 months. Grim.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭yermanhimself

You could try whizzy wireless broadband

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Is virgin services installed? That could be an option.

Gorey is a lovely place to be and some very friendly people around.

There is an option without a line but not sure how reliable.

I've had virgin but cancelled with another increase, went with Sky and get it for €33.

With the covid 19 virus, meeting others is going to be difficult at the moment as most places are shutting from tonight.

Pubs are all closing and I can see shops especially small ones closing along with cafés.

It's a tough time ahead of us for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Hi all,

I have moved to Gorey and I am seeking some advice in terms of utilities.
    I am looking to get TV/Broadband set up and I am just wondering if anyone has suggestions of who to with. I require a good internet connection for work so that's what I am most interested in.

Any other suggestions about getting set up, the town or anything else would be greatly appreciated. I moved down alone and literally know nobody! :rolleyes:

So, it seems you're looking for the Gorey details.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Advertisement