Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old shop beside electrocity

Options
  • 09-03-2020 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what goin into the old shop beside electrocity

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,405 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Could that be the Screwfix crowd?

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

road_high wrote: »

Ah probably is forgot they are opening up in kk, was hoping it might of been Jysk or something like that

linny wrote: »
    Ah probably is forgot they are opening up in kk, was hoping it might of been Jysk or something like that

Well I do t know I’m only speculating but Town could badly do with new retail offerings like that one. I think it’s gone very stale.
    Is something going on with the old Elverys on High st?
    Also see Cafe Nero looking for staff. No idea where that’s going though

• Registered Users Posts: 34 rusty_ie2004

No not them to price Waterhouse copper are moving across from where they are now to there

Well I do t know I’m only speculating but Town could badly do with new retail offerings like that one. I think it’s gone very stale.
    Is something going on with the old Elverys on High st?
    Also see Cafe Nero looking for staff. No idea where that’s going though

Kilkenny is desperate compared to Carlow in last few yrs

• Advertisement

Kilkenny is desperate compared to Carlow in last few yrs

Despite the economy and employment in kilkenny being a lot stronger. They've much better electrical, DIY and supermarket choices. rents would not be as high and there was probably more empty large units from the boom ready to move into. If opening in Carlow is easier and cheaper then looking at the map why would you bother with Kilkenny as it's too nearby to justify another- that's how retialers make these decisions I think.

No not them to price Waterhouse copper are moving across from where they are now to there

So more offices then? Great to see but isn't that supposed to be a retail park?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 rusty_ie2004

So more offices then? Great to see but isn't that supposed to be a retail park?

Not any more got planing for change of use for it.

https://www.daft.ie/kilkenny/commercial-property-for-rent/retail-units-for-rent/james-street-kilkenny-kilkenny-719904/

€50k per annum to rent a very average premises on an average street with poor enough access not to mention the rates which could be another €10-15 k.

Lots of vacant places around town due to the extortionate prices charged. Need to be turning over massive volumes to justify.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 guyinkk

The new Screwfix store is located opposite Aldi up in the Hebron.

• Advertisement

guyinkk wrote: »
    The new Screwfix store is located opposite Aldi up in the Hebron.

When is screwfix opening

Advertisement