Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting Room - 2020

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭dublin2000A

I stopped waiting.

2018 campaign, Stage 3 in September, OOM 60s, Irish test in January 2019. Lived in 5 countries on 3 continents so I knew my vetting would take ages from the outset. I am in my 30s, had dead end office job and was not pursuing my passions. So I decided to try to become an emergency medicine physician instead. It involved 1 entrance test and proof of a 2H1 level 8 degree. So I applied to take the medical college test in March 2019, half thinking it wouldnt work out as it is competitive. Well here I am 1 year into medical school and if I hadn't withdrawn Im nearly certain my vetting would still be outstanding today.

My advice is to live life and enjoy it if you have a long wait. It makes it easier. You may end up doing something else like me or just racking up a bunch of cool experiences before AGS dictates the rest of your off time for 30 years.

Well said!!

I’ve rejected promotions thinking AGS was going to happen sooner that this.

Still Keeping the faith but I’m gonna start walking through the doors that are open for now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

Well said!!

I’ve rejected promotions thinking AGS was going to happen sooner that this.

Still Keeping the faith but I’m gonna start walking through the doors that are open for now

I wouldnt be turning any opportunities down, at the end of the day you won't care what bridges you've burned when your in AGS:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14 jackhynes99

Is anyone serting up a watsapp group ?

Can I be included in the what'sapp group? Please

• Registered Users Posts: 14 jackhynes99

daniel1390 wrote: »
    Anyone want to be added pm me your name and number I'll get the admin to add yous 😊

Please add me if that's OK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 rboa98s165xzh3

Just phoned Appointments. Apparently medical didn't notify the other sections of my medical clearance which happened 2 weeks ago. Might be worth ya;ll ringing and checking if you're in a similar situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Tmac35

What number are you ringing? As the number I used to ring-nobody there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Stretch1432

Hi i got an offer for the 22nd of june is there any watsapp group ?

Did you just get that today?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Aaron123

Just phoned Appointments. Apparently medical didn't notify the other sections of my medical clearance which happened 2 weeks ago. Might be worth ya;ll ringing and checking if you're in a similar situation.

What number did you ring?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

Anyone hear anything about PCTs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82 ✭✭Triplek

AD07 wrote: »
    Anyone hear anything about PCTs?

No, I'm waiting on another date too. Think I seen in the Irish Times that the lecturers from templemore are out in the force until June. Maybe this might be one of the reasons why we haven't gotten any dates yet

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

Triplek wrote: »
    No, I'm waiting on another date too. Think I seen in the Irish Times that the lecturers from templemore are out in the force until June. Maybe this might be one of the reasons why we haven't gotten any dates yet

Oh yeah your probably right. Maybe when they go back so we will hear something

So having been told over the phone previously that everything was good to go pending medical clearance (which has now been acknowledged) I got an email reply said 'Please be advised that your application is undergoing final checks.'

Does this actually mean good to go, or what ?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭banjoh_10

Emailed HR today. Same old automated response. Multi Tiered etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Lcass

So having been told over the phone previously that everything was good to go pending medical clearance (which has now been acknowledged) I got an email reply said 'Please be advised that your application is undergoing final checks.'

That's the last response I got before receiving an offer, but someone also said on here that they were getting that response for about a year. Fingers crossed for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Robert2020

Quick question, when did you do you’re medical and fitness? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Chrisb13

Is there a whatsapp group for the 22nd of June group got an offer last Friday for that date. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dubsgal

Just got an offer for the 22nd of June .. finalllyyyyy!! Cannot believe it lads did many others get it today??

Hey is there a WhatsApp group?

Got an offer just now, 22June !

2019 comp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Robert2020

dubsgal wrote: »
    Just got an offer for the 22nd of June .. finalllyyyyy!! Cannot believe it lads did many others get it today??

Congrats I’d say you’re over the moon, are you from the 2019 campaign?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 liddyn

dubsgal wrote: »
    Hey is there a WhatsApp group?

Just got my offer too, if there is a WhatsApp group!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭cluedo123

Got my offer today too. 2019 campaign. Delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 deenam

liddyn wrote: »
    Just got my offer too, if there is a WhatsApp group!

If yee want to PM me your numbers I can add you to the WhatsApp now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Lcass

Well done lads.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Rich_ccfc

Well done lads.

Robert2020 wrote: »
    Congrats I’d say you’re over the moon, are you from the 2019 campaign?

Ah you’ve no idea haha!! No 2018! So it’s been a long wait haha

Got an offer just now, 22June !

2019 comp
    o

Well done! Glad you that sorted and got a spot, it's good to see that they're not just keeping with the usual Friday offers. Fingers crossed an email comes my way :)

Well done all and best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭ClaireMcGrath

Sent the weekly email ... another day, another denial :rolleyes:

Please be aware that your file is still undergoing our vetting process. The vetting process is multi-tiered and thorough for each applicant and each file is vetted on an individual basis. Unfortunately we do not currently have a completion date for your file at the moment.

Prayer-circle for an offer some time soon.

• Advertisement

Sent the weekly email ... another day, another denial :rolleyes:

Please be aware that your file is still undergoing our vetting process. The vetting process is multi-tiered and thorough for each applicant and each file is vetted on an individual basis. Unfortunately we do not currently have a completion date for your file at the moment.

Prayer-circle for an offer some time soon.

people seem tobe getting their offers in the early evening so there's still hope today might end on a good note! light a candle :D

Advertisement