Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting Room - 2020

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

very exhausting the whole process:o i tell ya it better be bloody worth and be the best career choice we ever made :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Bangahead16

Standard reply

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Alana123

I was wondering if I apply to a volunteer position that needs garda vetting is there a chance this could slow down my Garda application when I apply to the next recruitment campaign?

Alana123 wrote: »
    I was wondering if I apply to a volunteer position that needs garda vetting is there a chance this could slow down my Garda application when I apply to the next recruitment campaign?

i dont see why not? if anything it could speed it up, any volunteering will look good in your interview anyways so belt ahead imo :cool:

pain in the gick!!!

is 'under going review' the same as 'final checks'???
    Dreilly92 wrote: »
    https://www.garda.ie/en/information-centre/freedom-of-information/decision-log/decision-letter-foi-000051-2019.pdf

The first two dates were correct so i presume this will be correct as well 16th of December

wonder should a FOI request be lodged, to get some info :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭r1gskcn9p3y75o

St. Westy wrote: »
    wonder should a FOI request be lodged, to get some info :p

Good idea if it wouldnt take took long to come back. Was the last intake split up? hopefully they will keep that training format and take more intakes this year.
    If you wanted to check your file you could do data request they have to respond in 40days but may take longer to actually send you the paperwork but I wouldn't annoy them tbh.

Deano.f87 wrote: »
    Good idea if it wouldnt take took long to come back. Was the last intake split up? hopefully they will keep that training format and take more intakes this year.
    If you wanted to check your file you could do data request they have to respond in 40days but may take longer to actually send you the paperwork but I wouldn't annoy them tbh.

if you check the dates on the one i linked above she only took 2 weeks to reply, i myself am waiting for a fitness test so im not pushed, but for those of you pulling your hair out every friday refreshing emails, it might be a worth while avenue to go down, nothing to lose imo:D

Does that mean only 275 will be starting in Templemore from the 2019 campaign or that the 275 will come from a new recruitment campaign that will be announced this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Triplek

I wouldn't have a clue what exactly it means but it doesn't mean only 2019 campaign will be put in as the 275. Many people from the other campaigns are still waiting too. They had an impulse intake in feb of so many and then the intake of 75 in the first round of the covid intakes and now 50 starting next week. I cam only imagine the 275 would be at its capacity from this?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

Triplek wrote: »
    I wouldn't have a clue what exactly it means but it doesn't mean only 2019 campaign will be put in as the 275. Many people from the other campaigns are still waiting too. They had an impulse intake in feb of so many and then the intake of 75 in the first round of the covid intakes and now 50 starting next week. I cam only imagine the 275 would be at its capacity from this?

Yeah sounds right. Did the feb intake start though due to covid? In any case. Sounds about right I'd say that's it for 2020.

Deano.f87 wrote: »
    Yeah sounds right. Did the feb intake start though due to covid? In any case. Sounds about right I'd say that's it for 2020.

id say that is it for 2020, but any of us waiting now realistically didnt expect to be going this year, the recruitment stage wont be cancelled , as they did say recruitment is still something they need to do, “Continue to train new recruits annually.”
    the 2019 drive will still be active, there just wont be a new campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭banjoh_10

Its worrying at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭ClaireMcGrath

I disagree guys. Maybe I'm being optimistic to a fault here, but I'd much rather try and keep some hope in the tank.

They first scaled back intake was the 25th of May, which had approx. 75 candidates.

The next was the 22nd of June, which has somewhere between 50-75 candidates.

I know two intakes isn't much to draw a pattern on, but if it was - then maybe we could look at another intake happening the 20th of July? This would be exactly four weeks after the last intake, which is how they've run these so far. These intakes are different, the recruits will do three weeks at home e-learning, then one week in the College before being sent out to stations for a minimum of 12 weeks.

While these newest recruits are out in their stations, it's likely that the 201s will be brought back to finish their training. By the time they finish, then the new batch of incremental candidates will be returning to the college, so don't write off another few intakes this year.

HRM stated that there would be additional intakes this year, but that they did not have any concrete dates as of yet :)

As for a new Campaign in itself - I think it will be put off until the first quarter of 2021. They've launched campaigns in March of the last three years and I reckon that was the aim for this year, but unfortunately the pandemic threw plans out the window. If I were a betting person, I would keep my eye on March 2021 for a new Campaign :)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

I emailed HR about when medicals will resume, they replied

'We do not have any further updates regarding a medical date, we will be in touch with you in due course'

I was hoping this month but it's all up in the air it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Robert2020

I disagree guys. Maybe I'm being optimistic to a fault here, but I'd much rather try and keep some hope in the tank.

They first scaled back intake was the 25th of May, which had approx. 75 candidates.

I know two intakes isn't much to draw a pattern on, but if it was - then maybe we could look at another intake happening the 20th of July? This would be exactly four weeks after the last intake, which is how they've run these so far. These intakes are different, the recruits will do three weeks at home e-learning, then one week in the College before being sent out to stations for a minimum of 12 weeks.

While these newest recruits are out in their stations, it's likely that the 201s will be brought back to finish their training. By the time they finish, then the new batch of incremental candidates will be returning to the college, so don't write off another few intakes this year.

HRM stated that there would be additional intakes this year, but that they did not have any concrete dates as of yet :)

As for a new Campaign in itself - I think it will be put off until the first quarter of 2021. They've launched campaigns in March of the last three years and I reckon that was the aim for this year, but unfortunately the pandemic threw plans out the window. If I were a betting person, I would keep my eye on March 2021 for a new Campaign :)

Well said !!

Wasn't there already a full intake this year pre covid? Or was that put off. I'd imagine all them that were called and postponed will go next so. But yeah stay positive just in case.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 AoifeBx_

How do we know that Irish Examiner article is true though? It’s strange that only the Irish Examiner reported it and no other newspaper has and the guards haven’t announced it themselves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 4572h

Ah I wouldn't mind any of that there was meant to be 1000 retirements this year and they need to be filled everything is hearsay at this stage the news papers will put out anything. I think they will need to strengthen the force with covid we don't know if it's over yet. There still plenty in the campaign from 2018/2019 without the need for a new one for numbers to be filled.

Very sad news this morning RIP. Are we expecting any offers tomorrow?

banjoh_10 wrote: »
    Very sad news this morning RIP. Are we expecting any offers tomorrow?

I know - jesus, it's horrible. My thoughts go out to his family and friends <3

We'll tell ourselves no, do our best to not get our hopes up, but we all know we're going to be refreshing out emails more than usual tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Just so frustrating. Here is to hoping anyway.

Does anyone ever heard of anyone who was living abroad when applying for the Gardai??
    Is stage 1 the only stage of the application process that can be done online? Like stage 2 or interview can’t be done online?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Rich_ccfc

There will be no medicals or pcts going ahead until the covid phases are finished with simple as. I wouldnt worry about it.

Does anyone ever heard of anyone who was living abroad when applying for the Gardai??
    Is stage 1 the only stage of the application process that can be done online? Like stage 2 or interview can’t be done online?

Correct. Unless something changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

Rich_ccfc wrote: »
    There will be no medicals or pcts going ahead until the covid phases are finished with simple as. I wouldnt worry about it.

Is that July 20th?

• Advertisement

Stage 1 is the application and an online aptitude test - you’ll then be asked to go to the Public Appointments building in Dublin to sit that same aptitude test again and complete a report writing exercise, so I don’t think it’s a good idea to apply if you aren’t living in Ireland at the time as you won’t be able to progress past the first or second hurdle.

Unless there’s a serious shake-up, then I’m going to go with no - there’s nothing apart from the initial application and aptitude test that is done online, and as I said above, you’ll then have to complete that test in person as a sort of verification that you did the first one.

Advertisement