Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting Room - 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 DeclanW1999

After months of getting “your final is currently undergoing our vetting process” today I got “your file is undergoing our final checks”! Is this an improvement?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

After months of getting “your final is currently undergoing our vetting process” today I got “your file is undergoing our final checks”! Is this an improvement?

cant mean anything but an improvement, shows your file was updated, did that reply come from you emailing them first for a update? or did it come from them as an update?

St. Westy wrote: »
    cant mean anything but an improvement, shows your file was updated, did that reply come from you emailing them first for a update? or did it come from them as an update?

I emailed to ask, I emailed every week, but this is the first time that I’ve gotten this reply.

I emailed to ask, I emailed every week, but this is the first time that I’ve gotten this reply.

i did see a few posts ago that a person got this reply and then the next time they emailed they got a reply that their vetting was gone back out to check another thing, so just bear in mind it doesn't necessarily mean an offer is coming today, if there is indeed offers today, at least its positive atm for you :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭dublin2000A

My file went from ‘vetting outstanding ‘ to ‘final checks’ and then to ‘vetting complete’, tbh I have no idea what any of it means anymore but certainly has to be an improvement.

I was in the ‘final checks’ for at least 9 months before I got the ‘vetting complete’ email about two weeks ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 John614

How will you get notified for training in Templemore. Is it by text or email?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Rich_ccfc

AD07 wrote: »
    Is that July 20th?

Once the restrictions ease and the social distancing eases then medicals will go ahead. Hopefully soon tho mine is up in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Frenchjoe87

My file went from ‘vetting outstanding ‘ to ‘final checks’ and then to ‘vetting complete’, tbh I have no idea what any of it means anymore but certainly has to be an improvement.

I was in the ‘final checks’ for at least 9 months before I got the ‘vetting complete’ email about two weeks ago

That's the job!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭banjoh_10

Any offers expected soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Harveli18

banjoh_10 wrote: »
    Any offers expected soon?

I spoke with a superintendent yesterday who said June is full, he didn’t know when there will be another intake but he was enthusiastic about there being more intakes this year.

• Advertisement

Harveli18 wrote: »
    I spoke with a superintendent yesterday who said June is full, he didn’t know when there will be another intake but he was enthusiastic about there being more intakes this year.

I think we knew June was full, but, how about July, August, September?

I think we knew June was full, but, how about July, August, September?

Well If it’s true about the overall number of trainees being recruited this year having being cut from 700 to 275 then there may not be any more intakes this year but hopefully that wasn’t true

Well If it’s true about the overall number of trainees being recruited this year having being cut from 700 to 275 then there may not be any more intakes this year but hopefully that wasn’t true

Where ya hear that?

Where ya hear that?

It was an article in the Irish examiner someone posted the link on this thread last week

It was an article in the Irish examiner someone posted the link on this thread last week

Thanks mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭r1gskcn9p3y75o

Latest Report from GHQ to policing authority take from what it what you will, seems like.good news for people wanted to apply not so good for people waiting to be called into templemore if the 275 figure is to be believed.
    "The 2019 Garda Trainee Recruitment campaign continues. 125 Garda Trainees entered the college
    on 10 February 2020. In response to the current crisis, further intakes for 2020 were adjusted i.e.
    75 candidates have been offered a place to commence their training on 25 May 2020. It is
    envisaged that a second class of 75 will commence on 22 June 2020, bringing the total
    commencing to 275 in 2020. If the targets for 2020 and 2021 remain in place, a new recruitment
    campaign will be advertised later in the year. Preliminary work has commenced with PAS to
    ensure that if it is required, both organisations will be in a position to progress without delay"

Surely if they are starting a new recruitment campaign then they will have to get the remaining 2018 and 2019 applicants. I hope that is not 2020 done and dusted

Surely if they are starting a new recruitment campaign then they will have to get the remaining 2018 and 2019 applicants. I hope that is not 2020 done and dusted

Recruitment campaigns are always ran concurrently, remaining 2020 candidates will be running alongside the next campaign, you won’t be forgotten about don’t worry

That's what the 2017/2018 people were saying when they launched the 2019 campaign. Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Alana123

Sorry I’m a bit confused !! 😂 If it’s only 275 people that will get into AGS in 2020 why would they make a new recruitment campaign!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 dean1108

I’ve been on Final Checks for the last month and did the usual weekly update email and got this reply today;

Dear Applicant

We refer to your email below.

Your file has been checked and approved. However, please be advised that final checks will be conducted prior to any offer to commence training in the Garda College, if applicable. Please note that offers are subject to your place on the Order of Merit.

We will be in touch with you in due course.

Kind regards

Appointments Office HRPD

Has anyone gotten this?

Anyone waiting for a call should be happy. It shows movement. They're not going to forget about you.

Alana123 wrote: »
    Sorry I’m a bit confused !! 😂 If it’s only 275 people that will get into AGS in 2020 why would they make a new recruitment campaign!?
    275, if it's true, just means that's all they may start in templemore this year, but they will keep working towards having people ready to be called up.
    But anyway hopefully that isnt the case. Thinking about just finishing off the last few bits and forgetting about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Robert2020

dean1108 wrote: »
    I’ve been on Final Checks for the last month and did the usual weekly update email and got this reply today;

Dear Applicant

We refer to your email below.

Your file has been checked and approved. However, please be advised that final checks will be conducted prior to any offer to commence training in the Garda College, if applicable. Please note that offers are subject to your place on the Order of Merit.

We will be in touch with you in due course.

Kind regards

Appointments Office HRPD

Has anyone gotten this?

Out of curiosity, if you’re from the 2019 campaign what order Of merit did you get ?

Robert2020 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, if you’re from the 2019 campaign what order Of merit did you get ?

My order of merit is 410..and I’m from 2019 campaign!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Aaron123

What did you say to HR while enquiring about your application? I keep getting the same automated email no matter how I phrase an enquiry about my vetting.

Is the what pas gave you to you or do ya get an oom after pcts from garda hr?(or whoever)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Robert2020

Deano.f87 wrote: »
    Is the what pas gave you to you or do ya get an oom after pcts from garda hr?(or whoever)

Pretty sure it’s what PAS gave

Aaron123 wrote: »
    What did you say to HR while enquiring about your application? I keep getting the same automated email no matter how I phrase an enquiry about my vetting.

I just said is the final check on my application near completion yet ..obviously said it in a nicer way ..the last month I got the replies saying it was still undergoing final checks..then today I sent the same email as I usually do and didn’t get a reply until 4 hours later with the one I mentioned above

• Advertisement

Deano.f87 wrote: »

It’s my PAS OOM..don’t think you get an OOM after fitness tests and medicals

Advertisement