Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting Room - 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Ciano1997

“ The 2019 Garda Trainee Recruitment campaign continues. 125 Garda Trainees entered the college on 10 February 2020. I n response to the current crisis, further intakes for 2020 were adjusted i.e. 75 candidates have been offered a place to commence their training on 25 May 2020. It is envisaged that a second class of 75 will commence on 22 June 2020, bringing the total commencing to 275 in 2020. If the targets for 2020 and 2021 remain in place, a new recruitment campaign will be advertised later in the year. Preliminary work has commenced with PAS to ensure that if it is required, both organisations will be in a position to progress without delay”

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭banjoh_10

What about the people still waiting from 2018 and 2019?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Rich_ccfc

Did anyone get any dates for medicals recently? Mine is up soon and will have to re do it

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

Rich_ccfc wrote: »
    Did anyone get any dates for medicals recently? Mine is up soon and will have to re do it

Still waiting to re-do mine, was scheduled for the 11th of this month. I emailed and they replied saying they have no further updates regarding medicals and will be in contact.

AF96DUB wrote: »
    Still waiting to re-do mine, was scheduled for the 11th of this month. I emailed and they replied saying they have no further updates regarding medicals and will be in contact.

Exactly what I got. Did we just have to get a letter by or go signed for a 6month extension or must we go back up for a full medical.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭dublin2000A

how long is your medical valid for? i've heard a few people get different responses from HR on this, my medical was March 2019 (passed everything) but nothing has been said to me about having to re-do it.

is anyone getting an email saying its expired and needs to be re-done??

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Alana123

When you first apply to AGS .. how long does it usually take between stages?? Is it different for everyone depending on how well they do in stage 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Alana123

When you first apply to AGS .. how long does it usually take between stages?? Is it different for everyone depending on how well they do in stage 1?

Exactly what I got. Did we just have to get a letter by or go signed for a 6month extension or must we go back up for a full medical.

I assume we go back, I was told on the day that I would have to go back and just get weighed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭r1gskcn9p3y75o

Alana123 wrote: »

Everyone does the online part together, Based on that a certain amount do the test in PAS office. Based on them results a smaller group move onto the interview stage. Each time your given an order of merit so you might start off at 100 and based on how well you do, or not, you could end up being 1500. Based on 2019 there were only weeks between groups. The people who get the higher Mark's get the opportunity to move to the next stage first. My oom is low but I got held up because of the Irish test.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭ussrsoviet

Deano.f87 wrote: »
    Everyone does the online part together, Based on that a certain amount do the test in PAS office. Based on them results a smaller group move onto the interview stage. Each time your given an order of merit so you might start off at 100 and based on how well you do, or not, you could end up being 1500. Based on 2019 there were only weeks between groups. The people who get the higher Mark's get the opportunity to move to the next stage first. My oom is low but I got held up because of the Irish test.

and everyone does get called eventually that meets qualifying standard, i had a disastrous stage 1 and ended up 2300-1, 1400-2 and now im 840ish after the interview waiting for my pct, if you meet the qualifying standard you will get called, you just have to wait for the higher oom to run the race first.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭SquireD

Just had my interview with the Super and couldn't have went any better. Just 10 mins was all, few general questions, quick read through of my application form and i was done! That's my final hurdle jumped, just a waiting game now! :)

Asked about the recruitment and he advised that we're probably the lucky ones in that going forward it appears that the 9 months in Templemore may no longer be the case on a permanent basis and the new way will be that we'll just have an initial week or 2 there to get trained on a few basic requirements, then transferred to our local station that we had the interviews in where we'll get trained up in what the job entails, all in line with the E-learning and online exams.
    He said this will work out better for us as what you learn and are thought in the college doesn't always reflect the hands on work the job requires from being stationed somewhere.

Suits me just fine as the thought of dragging up and down to Templemore every week was a bit daunting with having kids and all...

SquireD wrote: »
    Just had my interview with the Super and couldn't have went any better. Just 10 mins was all, few general questions, quick read through of my application form and i was done! That's my final hurdle jumped, just a waiting game now! :)

Asked about the recruitment and he advised that we're probably the lucky ones in that going forward it appears that the 9 months in Templemore may no longer be the case on a permanent basis and the new way will be that we'll just have an initial week or 2 there to get trained on a few basic requirements, then transferred to our local station that we had the interviews in where we'll get trained up in what the job entails, all in line with the E-learning and online exams.
    He said this will work out better for us as what you learn and are thought in the college doesn't always reflect the hands on work the job requires from being stationed somewhere.

Suits me just fine as the thought of dragging up and down to Templemore every week was a bit daunting with having kids and all...

Good stuff. Did he give any inkling as to when we will be called to start?

Fair play. Thanks for the info too.

Oh yea forgot to mention he did, he said that be prepared to be called soon as he was signing off on my application straight away and that he had 2 recruits start this week or were only sitting in front of him 2 weeks ago!!

He mentioned as well that everything is a bit up in the air with further recruitment drives as the funds may not be there in future budgets to allow for future recruitment drives...

Oh yea forgot to mention he did, he said that be prepared to be called soon as he was signing off on my application straight away and that he had 2 recruits start this week or were only sitting in front of him 2 weeks ago!!

He mentioned as well that everything is a bit up in the air with further recruitment drives as the funds may not be there in future budgets to allow for future recruitment drives...

Brilliant stuff, very positive. If that's the new learning process then that seems a lot more appealing than a 9 month stretch in the college!

I know, silver lining an all that for those of us who have watched others in our recruitment drive get offers i suppose...

Also, i was encouraged to select Dublin when the time came to it as that's where you get all the action and can really push for promotion. The Super said he was able to tell the difference when needing someone to action a search warrant, those that maybe transferred down from Dublin would do it with hesitation but those that just started in the local station would be a bit hesitant.

He said it shows those that are bit hardened and well able to kick a door down from those who might be like 'Sh*t, what am i going to have to do next!' :pac:

I know, silver lining an all that for those of us who have watched others in our recruitment drive get offers i suppose...

Also, i was encouraged to select Dublin when the time came to it as that's where you get all the action and can really push for promotion. The Super said he was able to tell the difference when needing someone to action a search warrant, those that maybe transferred down from Dublin would do it with hesitation but those that just started in the local station would be a bit hesitant.

He said it shows those that are bit hardened and well able to kick a door down from those who might be like 'Sh*t, what am i going to have to do next!' :pac:

Is your garda vetting still on going like 98% of people on this ? 🀣🀣

Is your garda vetting still on going like 98% of people on this ? 🀣🀣

Yea it is but I'm gonna ring them on Monday or Tuesday to see if it's updated.
    I got the impression from the Super that once he signs off on it that that moves the vetting along even further

I got the impression from the Super that once he signs off on it that that moves the vetting along even further

I meet the super june 19 my vetting is still on going like a lot of other people. Hopefully for you that wont be the case

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭ClaireMcGrath

Not to burst anyone’s balloon or anything, but just be aware that a Super signing off doesn’t expedite anything or speed things up. It still has to finish the vetting process, the Super isn’t the end point of the vetting process, it still has to go back to be signed off after final checks.

My Super signed off on mine back at the start of January, and as of Friday I’m still getting the generic multi-tiered response. My Super has also tried to look I to it for me because he was surprised I was still waiting and he was slapped down with GDPR.

I really hope things do move fast for you though!

Not to burst anyone’s balloon or anything, but just be aware that a Super signing off doesn’t expedite anything or speed things up. It still has to finish the vetting process, the Super isn’t the end point of the vetting process, it still has to go back to be signed off after final checks.

My Super signed off on mine back at the start of January, and as of Friday I’m still getting the generic multi-tiered response. My Super has also tried to look I to it for me because he was surprised I was still waiting and h was slapped down with GDPR.

I really hope things do move fast for you though!

Claire is right. The Super doesnt supersede the vetting process unfortunately. My Super signed me off in March. Still getting the automated bull**** reply...

We have a new Justice Minister. Let's hope she gets the ball rolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Mickod123

Hi folks

The new 2020 recruitment campaign is scheduled for September by all accounts. I emailed public jobs and they said there is a new campaign scheduled for September but nothing certain yet. It sounds promising tho. On another note can anyone on here give me information on the Irish test? How hard is it and does it take long to prepare? From what I can gather so far it’s pretty easy going. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭dublin2000A

banjoh_10 wrote: »
    Claire is right. The Super doesnt supersede the vetting process unfortunately. My Super signed me off in March. Still getting the automated bull**** reply...

Agreed! Super is only part of the vetting,

But on the other hand though if the super is saying be prepared to be called up soon must mean there’s another intake soon

• Registered Users Posts: 45 DeclanW1999

And my file is back undergoing the vetting process, after a couple of weeks of it saying it was undergoing final checks it is back undergoing the vetting process, when will this end? So frustrating!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 DeclanW1999

Anyone know if you get a better response if you ring them??

by all accounts they are working from home. Well final checks is still being so I wouldn't be worried about their terminology. Looks like it depends on who replies from their mailbox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭ClaireMcGrath

Unfortunately, the response is shorter not sweeter.

Still going through vetting.

• Advertisement

And my file is back undergoing the vetting process, after a couple of weeks of it saying it was undergoing final checks it is back undergoing the vetting process, when will this end? So frustrating!!!

Mind was the same. Emailed them today my vetting had to go out for further review.

Advertisement