Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting Room - 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Aaron123

Any Offers today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭ussrsoviet

Aaron123 wrote: »
    Any Offers today?

there is no more intakes for the rest of 2020, and that is from a reliable source, so hold on until the new year, the revised quota for this year has been reached.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭dublin2000A

ussrsoviet wrote: »
    there is no more intakes for the rest of 2020, and that is from a reliable source, so hold on until the new year, the revised quota for this year has been reached.

Not trying to be smart but Unless its direct from the minister of justice I’ll maintain hope!

Too much unfounded hearsay on this topic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭ussrsoviet

Not trying to be smart but Unless its direct from the minister of justice I’ll maintain hope!

just relaying what iv heard, that the 275 has been reached,
    i think its time for some of us to get realistic and stop clinging on friday to friday, there is going to no more intakes until the 2020 budget is sorted out with the new government, so keep the candles lit until after the budget ;)

ussrsoviet wrote: »
    just relaying what iv heard, that the 275 has been reached,
    i think its time for some of us to get realistic and stop clinging on friday to friday, there is going to no more intakes until the 2020 budget is sorted out with the new government, so keep the candles lit until after the budget ;)

Yeah it’s definitely coming time to re-evaluate a few things, 2 years waiting on an answer is not something I can continue for much longer.

What I’d be interested to know is if our applications will remain valid for when they do have more intakes. The fire service only keep you on the panel for 2 years and if you’re not called up you have to start the process all over again, will that be the same for those of us waiting I wonder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

Yeah it’s definitely coming time to re-evaluate a few things, 2 years waiting on an answer is not something I can continue for much longer.

What I’d be interested to know is if our applications will remain valid for when they do have more intakes. The fire service only keep you on the panel for 2 years and if you’re not called up you have to start the process all over again, will that be the same for those of us waiting I wonder

How long is the PCT valid for?

AF96DUB wrote: »
    How long is the PCT valid for?

I asked the same question a while ago and someone said that the PCT remains valid but the medical needs to be re-done after two years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭ClaireMcGrath

I asked the same question a while ago and someone said that the PCT remains valid but the medical needs to be re-done after two years

I emailed HRM on it a few weeks back - the PCT does not expire. Once you pass the PCT/PCT retest, you will not be required to pass it again until you are undergoing your training in Templemore.

As for the medical. Your medical remains valid for a period of 12 months. If there has been no change to your medical history, then you will be asked to get a letter stamped by your GP stating this - this will extend your medical's validity to 18 months.

I emailed HRM on it a few weeks back - the PCT does not expire. Once you pass the PCT/PCT retest, you will not be required to pass it again until you are undergoing your training in Templemore.

As for the medical. Your medical remains valid for a period of 12 months. If there has been no change to your medical history, then you will be asked to get a letter stamped by your GP stating this - this will extend your medical's validity to 18 months.

Great, thanks very much

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Corry21

Only 25 more Friday's to check emails until the new year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭r1gskcn9p3y75o

its in the report. It specifically says, "the total commencing in 2020 to 275". Have a read.
    https://www.garda.ie/en/about-us/publications/general-reports/commissioner-s-monthly-reports-to-policing-authority/commissioners-monthly-report-to-the-policing-authority-may-2020.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Corry21

Deano.f87 wrote: »
    its in the report. It specifically says, "the total commencing in 2020 to 275". Have a read.

bringing the total commencing to 275 in 2020. If the targets for 2020 and 2021 remain in place, a new recruitment campaign will be advertised later in the year.

It's a monthly report stateing what is current situation strength and figures .doesn't say that there are no more intakes for 2020 . I don't think there be any for couple of months but not ruling out 2020 .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭r1gskcn9p3y75o

Corry21 wrote: »
    bringing the total commencing to 275 in 2020. If the targets for 2020 and 2021 remain in place, a new recruitment campaign will be advertised later in the year.

It's a monthly report stateing what is current situation strength and figures .doesn't say that there are no more intakes for 2020 . I don't think there be any for couple of months but not ruling out 2020 .

Fingers crossed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭ClaireMcGrath

/
    Corry21 wrote: »

I emailed HRM on the 29/05/2020 asking if there were any further intakes scheduled for 2020, this is the response I got:

Dear Candidate,

We acknowledge your email below with thanks.

There will be further intakes this year however, we do not have a specific date at the moment.

We will be in touch with you in due course.

Kind regards,

This was their reply at the end of May 2020. I honestly feel that it's not them chopping and changing plans, but more a case of 'we don't actually know yet guys', I mean these two smaller intakes are pretty much trialing a new way of doing the training which may or may not stay that way (given that covid will be with us for a while).

They're watching these intakes closely and seeing how the 201s got on out in their stations (they're returning to the college in the next two or three weeks), and they'll make decisions based on how the two smaller intakes take to the new training routine.

Keep her lit, keep your heads up, I know it's f**king soul destroying each Friday you don't get an offer, or each time you get that lovely 'vetting' response, but try not to get too down in the dumps guys :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 4572h

Anyone have any hopes for offers tomorrow ��

4572h wrote: »
    Anyone have any hopes for offers tomorrow ��

Always :):) !!

I spoke to a couple of guards today asking them about how the recruits with only 5 weeks training and the current intakes online are going, they basically said that their superintendents are writing a report as are all the supers as to how they feel it’s going and should it be continued (3 weeks online, a week in Tipp and on the job training) and apparently most superintendents are more than happy with the current structure For intakes, they get to mould guards into how they want them With on the job training as opposed to 8 months of classes With the recruits thinking the know it all when they come out (Not knocking any guards who did their 8 months btw and I know That the classes are important)

Take from it what you will but it sounds like if HR get a green light from the Seniors it might open the doors for more intakes like the ones we’re seeing

Basically I had a good conversation with the lads today and they lifted my spirits!
    Intakes aren’t being forgotten about and neither are we

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

Always :):) !!

I spoke to a couple of guards today asking them about how the recruits with only 5 weeks training and the current intakes online are going, they basically said that their superintendents are writing a report as are all the supers as to how they feel it’s going and should it be continued (3 weeks online, a week in Tipp and on the job training) and apparently most superintendents are more than happy with the current structure For intakes, they get to mould guards into how they want them With on the job training as opposed to 8 months of classes With the recruits thinking the know it all when they come out (Not knocking any guards who did their 8 months btw and I know That the classes are important)

Take from it what you will but it sounds like if HR get a green light from the Seniors it might open the doors for more intakes like the ones we’re seeing

Basically I had a good conversation with the lads today and they lifted my spirits!
    Intakes aren’t being forgotten about and neither are we

so basically an apprenticeship :rolleyes: it would not be the route to being a member of AGS id prefer, but sure wed take anything at this stage :confused:

St. Westy wrote: »
    so basically an apprenticeship :rolleyes: it would not be the route to being a member of AGS id prefer, but sure wed take anything at this stage :confused:

I agree, would much rather do the old route in Tipp! I’d still bite the hand off the f*ckers to get the foot in the door though :)

It seems to be a better way if you ask me you actually learn as you go rather than being in college and then thrown in at the end of it.

It seems to be a better way if you ask me you actually learn as you go rather than being in college and then thrown in at the end of it.

It definitely has its merits but I still think the college is necessary. Mock court, learning legislation, learning another language, self defence and everything else. A lot can be learnt on the job but there’s still a ton that is better learnt in the classroom I think

• Advertisement

Sure you go back to templemore for 16 weeks after 12 week in a station.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭banjoh_10

Realistically I dont see any recruit offers being sent out for the remainder of this year at the earliest. The Garda press office has posted that they reached the desired amount of 275 trainee Gardai.

You never know they're after saying alot of things this year and that there would be no recruiting after covid but 2 intakes went in. They have to get on with it covid isn't goining away anytime soon.

Sure you go back to templemore for 16 weeks after 12 week in a station.

Yeah fair point, I forgot about that

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jose1997

Any news on the Garda recruitment 2020 campaign:)

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Ciano1997

Jose1997 wrote: »
    Any news on the Garda recruitment 2020 campaign:)

Heard there’s supposed to be one in September

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Shaneoohh

The Gardai are recruiting for the position of carpenter / maintenance in Templemore. Could be a sign that they are getting ready for more students.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

Shaneoohh wrote: »
    The Gardai are recruiting for the position of carpenter / maintenance in Templemore. Could be a sign that they are getting ready for more students.

Ya I think one of the recent intakes are going into Templemore in September so things could start getting back up and running then. Obviously depending on the virus

AD07 wrote: »
    Ya I think one of the recent intakes are going into Templemore in September so things could start getting back up and running then. Obviously depending on the virus

Please god lads!

• Advertisement

Shaneoohh wrote: »

I wonder if the carpenters and Maintenance applicants will have to go through two years of “your vetting is still outstanding ” 😂😂

Advertisement