Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting Room - 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Corry21

Sugar378 wrote: »
    And again so you have 13 years done how does that work on garda pay scale? After 2 years of the training period do you jump right up to about year 7 of the garda pay?
    No same pay scale no extra just pension contributions need a degree like every to jump pay scales

• Registered Users Posts: 45 DeclanW1999

Received this email the last day when I enquired about my vetting. Thank god seems to be a bit of progress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 4572h

I got the same reply at the end of july so at least vetting is moving a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭dublin2000A

Received this email the last day when I enquired about my vetting. Thank god seems to be a bit of progress.[/quote

That’s a bit of good news, have you asked what order of merit you are or is it the last order of merit you get when you complete the interview ? I wonder if they’ll divulge that

I actually must ask that. Can’t imagine they’ll give to much away. I’d say there’ll be a different order of merit from the interview.

• Advertisement

I actually must ask that. Can’t imagine they’ll give to much away. I’d say there’ll be a different order of merit from the interview.

I’ve been told that the order of merit you get when you complete the interview is not actually the order of merit the HR Uses to designate applicants to intakes. If they’re only take 75 a time it would be nice to know if you’ll be included in the next intake whenever it may be

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Lozzy123

Is anyone here that did their PT in January and is now waiting for a medical?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭ClaireMcGrath

Lozzy123 wrote: »
    Is anyone here that did their PT in January and is now waiting for a medical?

I would definitely called HRM about that - a mate of mine passed his PCT retest earlier this year and was waiting for the medical - he got a call from HRM about three or four weeks ago and was told that he had to do the PCT again before the medical - he’s still waiting on dates for both, but I’d call for your own peace of mind :)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

I would definitely called HRM about that - a mate of mine passed his PCT retest earlier this year and was waiting for the medical - he got a call from HRM about three or four weeks ago and was told that he had to do the PCT again before the medical - he’s still waiting on dates for both, but I’d call for your own peace of mind :)

if he passed why would he have redo the PCT?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭ClaireMcGrath

AF96DUB wrote: »
    if he passed why would he have redo the PCT?

Tbh, that’s something I didn’t get too much info on - he said HRM called him and that the woman he spoke to said that a lot of candidates had been told that they’d have to apply again when a new campaign opened up - from what I could gather from him this must have had to do with OOM and how far along you were in the system. He was told that he could either choose to drop out/withdraw from the campaign or he could revert back a round to the PCT/medicals seems they hadn’t contacted him about this prior to him meeting with his local super.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

Tbh, that’s something I didn’t get too much info on - he said HRM called him and that the woman he spoke to said that a lot of candidates had been told that they’d have to apply again when a new campaign opened up - from what I could gather from him this must have had to do with OOM and how far along you were in the system. He was told that he could either choose to drop out/withdraw from the campaign or he could revert back a round to the PCT/medicals seems they hadn’t contacted him about this prior to him meeting with his local super.

sorry just trying to make sense of this, so hrm rang him and basically told him his order of merit placing was too high ?
    never new that was possible :confused:

I suppose they are trying to get people to drop out by making it difficult there can't be enough places for all people that applied for the 700 applicants for the recruitment.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 John614

How do you get notified if you have been accepted to Templemore?? By phone or email?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

John614 wrote: »
    How do you get notified if you have been accepted to Templemore?? By phone or email?

email

if you have any more info on your friends situation id really appreciate it, I turned 37 last week, I obviously got my last chance (4th) application in before the cut off age of 35 (I've been applying and waiting since 18 for this email) .

I've spoken to a lot of guards from all levels and its mixed messages on will they accept someone of my age into the force despite being willing and able.

I guess my question to all is -has anyone else received something like this from HR? have you been asked to re-do PCT or medical or to drop out and wait for the next recruitment campaign?

I had an application cancelled because of the embargo years ago and now its Covid 19 hindering my chances, I simply don't have the luxury to re-apply because of my age

For those reading this that think I'm silly for hanging on, you're right in your own minds from the outside looking in but until that door into AGS is firmly closed I will keep fighting for it, regardless of age and regardless of hurdles !!!

if you have any more info on your friends situation id really appreciate it, I turned 37 last week, I obviously got my last chance (4th) application in before the cut off age of 35 (I've been applying and waiting since 18 for this email) .

I've spoken to a lot of guards from all levels and its mixed messages on will they accept someone of my age into the force despite being willing and able.

I guess my question to all is -has anyone else received something like this from HR? have you been asked to re-do PCT or medical or to drop out and wait for the next recruitment campaign?

I had an application cancelled because of the embargo years ago and now its Covid 19 hindering my chances, I simply don't have the luxury to re-apply because of my age

For those reading this that think I'm silly for hanging on, you're right in your own minds from the outside looking in but until that door into AGS is firmly closed I will keep fighting for it, regardless of age and regardless of hurdles !!!

Very tough situation man, I sincerely hope you get your chance to go through the gates, once and for all.

Zux wrote: »
    Very tough situation man, I sincerely hope you get your chance to go through the gates, once and for all.

I appreciate that.

I think it stands to us all the effort that we have put in, be it your first or fourth application, its certainly not an easy journey!

Friday tomorrow and the last week of August, progress is happening in the college, hopefully September will bring some good news

Good attitude anyway always helps can't see a problem once you were the cut off age before your application and all parts of the recruitment finished.

4572h wrote: »
    Good attitude anyway always helps can't see a problem once you were the cut off age before your application and all parts of the recruitment finished.

The Inspector in my interview asked me

"so this is your fourth application?, what if i told you there was only so much water in the well you can drink?"

All I could say was - If there's still water in the well i'll keep drinking until I can't anymore :-)

I got a smile out of him for that, I think he appreciated the direct and honest response :)

Ive worked hard for this so i'll fight all the way for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭ussrsoviet

well im afraid your friend was having you on, cause that just isn't possible I am afraid :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 John614

What Oom are people, Who have completed everything?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭SquireD

John614 wrote: »
    What Oom are people, Who have completed everything?

My OOM after the interview was 219

Ive everything completed also, besides vetting

My OOM is 407 but I have everything competed vetting and all

Does your oom change after how well you get on in the pct and all or does it stay the same after the interview.

Stays the same as it does at end of interview. But I don’t know how it works with people who already got offers already this year and all?

4572h wrote: »
    Does your oom change after how well you get on in the pct and all or does it stay the same after the interview.

What I’ve been told by an inspector in HQ (who has nothing to do with Hr) is that the HR department allocate an oom based on the return of your vetting, pct and medical

The oom throughout exams and interview are purely designated to see who gets the interview quicker and meets your local Super quicker.

It makes sense that after the public appointments office do their bit that Garda Hr would initiate their side of things based on how quick your vetting, pct and medical get returned. If you need to re-do pct or medical I imagine it kicks you down Their Oom.

I’ve lived in a lot of foreign countries which has me thinking that my Oom Is constantly changing and getting pushed back because they’re waiting on those countries to come back about my vetting over there.

My oom after interview was in the 300’s

Unfounded hearsay but from a very good source who has helped me a lot

I'd say it would have to change at the rate people get through everything some people are through everything quicker due to vetting and all. I'd say who ever is ready to go first goes more or less as it seems.

I’d love to hear off anyone who has been taken in and what their Oom after interview was!?

We’re all anonymous here so don’t be afraid to share

I emailed to ask what my order of merit was the last day and it was the same as my one after my interview so it is the same! It doesn’t change

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,995 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Don't be worrying about OOM, completely pointless.

Advertisement