Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting Room - 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Shaneoohh

It said on the nine o clock news that Helen McEntee has secured money to hire 600 gardai next year, hopefully this is true

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Rich_ccfc

Shaneoohh wrote: »
    It said on the nine o clock news that Helen McEntee has secured money to hire 600 gardai next year, hopefully this is true

600 gardai and 400 civilian staff. Hopefully we hear something soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭dublin2000A

St. Westy wrote: »
    600 new gardai next year :D was just on rte news

Do you think it’s for a new recruitment campaign for 600 or for us waiting ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

Do you think it’s for a new recruitment campaign for 600 or for us waiting ?

Oh there will be a new campaign for sure , 100%, but we are front of the que till they pass interviews :D Jesus it’s super news :D

St. Westy wrote: »
    Oh there will be a new campaign for sure , 100%, but we are front of the que till they pass interviews :D Jesus it’s super news :D

great news all together, hopefully we'll get more information from the Commissioners report for proposed dates in 2021

• Advertisement

great news all together, hopefully we'll get more information from the Commissioners report for proposed dates in 2021

Hopefully they will recruit those who are waiting the last 12 to 18 months.

Rich_ccfc wrote: »
    Hopefully they will recruit those who are waiting the last 12 to 18 months.

surely they will, hopefully this vetting lark gets sorted out cause that's all im getting back off them. i know for a fact my medical has expired by now, it would be nice if they start giving us some real information soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Crafty_Veteran

ussrsoviet wrote: »
    just want to wish you all the best of luck in the future if AGS ever get back to you, after giving up basically 2 years of my life waiting for contact from them i have resigned myself from the competition this morning with a email to HR. #I am not waiting another 2 years for it which i can see it being,
    2-3 classes next year wont cater for all the canditdates from 2018/19 campaigns yet to go through training, anyways the best of luck to you all, ye deserve it after such a long wait but i am moving on with my life :cool:
    good luck all !!! :D

Very bad timing. Can you recall your email?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭ussrsoviet

Very bad timing. Can you recall your email?

Already done hah the dream is alive again

ussrsoviet wrote: »
    Already done hah the dream is alive again

That timing was very irish altogether, must be meant to be !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

I’m delighted to hear this!! :) you’d nearly be afraid to get carried away with it though but things are looking up

surely they will, hopefully this vetting lark gets sorted out cause that's all im getting back off them. i know for a fact my medical has expired by now, it would be nice if they start giving us some real information soon

Getting mixed messages at the moment so il emsil at the end of the month and hopefully there will be some update.

Wonder when things will start to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭SquireD

Tis' great news is right...I think this was the update we've all been really waiting for! :D

Can feel a lot of good vibes on this thread! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭banjoh_10

Finally after the months and months of waiting some GOOD NEWS!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Lozzy123

Anyone have a link to the budget 2021

Lozzy123 wrote: »
    Anyone have a link to the budget 2021

RTE Radio 1

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Shaneoohh

Confirmed 620 new Garda recruits next year

Good news

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Lozzy123

God speed

Would ye think the fitness tests would be starting up soon again with the budget news?

AD07 wrote: »
    Would ye think the fitness tests would be starting up soon again with the budget news?

It's very hard to tell. I doubt there are 650 applicants waiting with all stages complete so they would have to get the applicants who are waiting for Medical and Physical assessments through also.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭LilacNails

Does this mean theyll be taking on new recruits in templemore?

LilacNails wrote: »
    Does this mean theyll be taking on new recruits in templemore?

Yes. But hard to see a new recruitment drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Crafty_Veteran

I wonder how many people are actually sitting in limbo between 2018 and 2019 applications. Does anyone have any idea?

I wonder how many people are actually sitting in limbo between 2018 and 2019 applications. Does anyone have any idea?

I'm waiting since septmeber 19

banjoh_10 wrote: »
    It's very hard to tell. I doubt there are 650 applicants waiting with all stages complete so they would have to get the applicants who are waiting for Medical and Physical assessments through also.

And they will have to redo medicals that have expired for people from previous years. Ie. 2018,2019

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

well i know a lad that is 900ish in the oom after the interview process and then all froze and that was from the 2019 campaign, so yes its quite substantial the amount of people waiting for pct given that number, apparently that number can be basically halved after pct medical stage , so in my opinion there is in and about the 600 plus with both years combined, but there will most definetly be a campaign drive, to cater for next years allowance alone,
    we know more then anyone that when you apply its only the lucky few that get in within the 12/14 month timeframe

im absolutly delighted with the news in the budget:D just when the candle was starting to burn out :pac::cool:

• Advertisement

Ya I guess we just have to wait and see and hopefully there will be movement soon

Advertisement