Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting Room - 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

Pm me your name and number

• Registered Users Posts: 36 lg.cardonha

Were you guys contacted by email or phone with regards to offers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Coon93

Were you guys contacted by email or phone with regards to offers?

You get the offer by email

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭howsitgoingboy

Well lads. Just want to eliminate this question but I heard from someone that they gave offers out in alphabetical order I.e. by last name first. So A,B,C and so forth. Any of ye that got offers with a last name beyond M for example?

Haha that's absolute crap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭howsitgoingboy

daniel1390 wrote: »
    Haha that's absolute crap

Exactly what I said haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ducky30

Pm me your name and number

Hey mate, whats the story I got an offer yesterday just wondering about the WhatsApp or can you tell me how I can get added in. Thanks D

Private message me your name and number

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭St.Brigids

ducky30 wrote: »
    Hey mate, whats the story I got an offer yesterday just wondering about the WhatsApp or can you tell me how I can get added in. Thanks D

So you got offer on Monday?

There won't be more offers for the intake I would say cause only 75 goung down anyone who for offers yday were last few spots probs those who declined

• Advertisement

There won't be more offers for the intake I would say cause only 75 goung down anyone who for offers yday were last few spots probs those who declined

Unless people drop out it seems intake is full aright.

Hopefully won't be too long till next. Let me know if anyone hears.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

It's all looking very positive folks, hopefully they get another intake or 2 this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭dublin2000A

AF96DUB wrote: »
    It's all looking very positive folks, hopefully they get another intake or 2 this year

if they're doing three weeks online and only a week in Tipp while the pandemic is going on hopefully they will take a few more batches down week by week to get numbers up and into stations.

The college has a capacity to hold 520 students at any one time so even with social distancing they could take a decent chunk back in to do the 16 weeks in the college after their 3 months in a station

Pipe dreaming i know but hopefully more intakes announced shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Whatyagonnnado

I've heard that there is a possibility for a further 75 in June but it depends on how successful the first batch is. Time will tell I suppose!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭irishkopite 2011

if they're doing three weeks online and only a week in Tipp while the pandemic is going on hopefully they will take a few more batches down week by week to get numbers up and into stations.

The college has a capacity to hold 520 students at any one time so even with social distancing they could take a decent chunk back in to do the 16 weeks in the college after their 3 months in a station

Pipe dreaming i know but hopefully more intakes announced shortly
    Ha, I've a pipe dream similar to you. I was thinking over the weekend what could happen would be to take a second group in when the online course is finishing up for the first group. Then call them all into templemore at the sametime when they have done their stint in the stations complete. But who knows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭dublin2000A

Ha, I've a pipe dream similar to you. I was thinking over the weekend what could happen would be to take a second group in when the online course is finishing up for the first group. Then call them all into templemore at the sametime when they have done their stint in the stations complete. But who knows.

It would make sense to do it in some sort of format like that, fingers crossed thats they way they're thinking in HR

Yet to hear anything from the minister of Justice or media about AGS intakes of late though, I would have thought a reporter might have tried to kick the hornets nest for answers after sending the last intake out after 5 weeks of training. Media blackout on AGS recruitment and intakes at the moment

It would make sense to do it in some sort of format like that, fingers crossed thats they way they're thinking in HR

Yet to hear anything from the minister of Justice or media about AGS intakes of late though, I would have thought a reporter might have tried to kick the hornets nest for answers after sending the last intake out after 5 weeks of training. Media blackout on AGS recruitment and intakes at the moment

Heard from someone it was mentioned in the newspaper that the intakes planned for online training.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 4572h

Hi all is there many others waiting on vetting to come back from 2019 campaign? Looks good things are starting off again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Spitfire2019

Hi, yeah I am from the 2019 group and waiting on my vetting. I initially sent it in February and called HR to confirm they received it. HR even mentioned my full name to me over the phone. However, I got an email a month later saying they didn't receive my Form B. So resent it. They got back to me pretty quickly a few days later and asked for some more info etc. I updated this and resent it. However, its been three weeks + and have not heard anything since. I know they must be swamped and have a lot on their plate. But to answer your question, yes, waiting on on vetting to come back from 2019 campaign!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 WhatsUp2014

Hi, yeah I am from the 2019 group and waiting on my vetting. I initially sent it in February and called HR to confirm they received it. HR even mentioned my full name to me over the phone. However, I got an email a month later saying they didn't receive my Form B. So resent it. They got back to me pretty quickly a few days later and asked for some more info etc. I updated this and resent it. However, its been three weeks + and have not heard anything since. I know they must be swamped and have a lot on their plate. But to answer your question, yes, waiting on on vetting to come back from 2019 campaign!

Have you done your fitness test yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭banjoh_10

4572h wrote: »
    Hi all is there many others waiting on vetting to come back from 2019 campaign? Looks good things are starting off again.

I am. Medical completed in February

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 4572h

Ya same as had mine the end of Jan. All we can do is sit bado is sit back and wait I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Dent67

I’m finished up everything since early March, vetting is outstanding all my family lives in Ireland, I lived in Perth for 2 years from
    2013-2015 so that prob take a bit of time, I had asked mid April from Hr was more of a query regarding was everything going to move again, they said yes and said that vetting was multi tired and a long process which I knew from this that people been waiting a while, so I am preparing for a long wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭ClaireMcGrath

Just bear in mind that the vetting could take anywhere from weeks up to (or longer than) 18 months :/

I'm 2019 campaign. Originally 2017 campaign but they forgot about me between the PCT and the retest and I ended up waiting 9 months for a retest. Needless to say I was lazy in that time and failed the retest.

I've passed all the stages since December (medical was 12/12/19) and my Form B has been sent in since October. My identical twin sister is also part of the 201 intake: we pretty much sent in the same Form B. The only difference in our applications is that my address was Tipperary, while her address was Waterford.

Just a waiting game now lads - a long, frustrating one :rolleyes:

I've heard that there is a possibility for a further 75 in June but it depends on how successful the first batch is. Time will tell I suppose!

This sounds promising. Fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 37 deenam

Just bear in mind that the vetting could take anywhere from weeks up to (or longer than) 18 months :/

I'm 2019 campaign. Originally 2017 campaign but they forgot about me between the PCT and the retest and I ended up waiting 9 months for a retest. Needless to say I was lazy in that time and failed the retest.

I've passed all the stages since December (medical was 12/12/19) and my Form B has been sent in since October. My identical twin sister is also part of the 201 intake: we pretty much sent in the same Form B. The only difference in our applications is that my address was Tipperary, while her address was Waterford.

Just a waiting game now lads - a long, frustrating one :rolleyes:

How long was your sister waiting from the time she applied?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭ClaireMcGrath

deenam wrote: »
    How long was your sister waiting from the time she applied?

I think she was waiting over six months - and again, that had been her second campaign too, she failed the PCT in the first campaign.

She got to the point where she was emailing them weekly or twice a week asking for an update on the status of her application. She was getting the general 'vetting is a multi-tiered step .... not marked complete ... ongoing ...' and then an email that said they would be in touch in due course. When she emailed back asking for clarification on that statement she got another email after 5pm on a Wednesday evening telling her that she was starting in Templemore the coming Monday.

She still maintains they gave her an offer because she annoyed them so much :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Tmac35

That’s good to hear, I keep getting the same response from them myself, campaign 2018, vetting ongoing a year in July. Fed up waiting. I’ve never lived abroad, all family living here.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 WhatsUp2014

I think she was waiting over six months - and again, that had been her second campaign too, she failed the PCT in the first campaign.

She got to the point where she was emailing them weekly or twice a week asking for an update on the status of her application. She was getting the general 'vetting is a multi-tiered step .... not marked complete ... ongoing ...' and then an email that said they would be in touch in due course. When she emailed back asking for clarification on that statement she got another email after 5pm on a Wednesday evening telling her that she was starting in Templemore the coming Monday.

She still maintains they gave her an offer because she annoyed them so much :D

Have you guys any tips on training for the pct you failed it first time around then no bother the next. Any tips on how to be well prepared and what type of training you can pm me if that suits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82 ✭✭Triplek

I've asked this question to someone else but just in regards to others situations can someone explain what's the difference between vetting outstanding and vetting on-going? If there is any.

Advertisement