Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solicitor for apartment purchase

Options
  • 09-03-2020 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

do you need a solicitor to purchase an apartment ? i also will be buying the property outright

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭NSAman

Gmens12 wrote: »
    do you need a solicitor to purchase an apartment ? i also will be buying the property outright

Are you a property expert who is also familiar with the legal side of conveyancing?

Why would you not use a solicitor?

I'm not being a smart ass, but there are many pit falls in dealing with conveyancing and a decent solicitor will spot many of them and make you aware of same.

Failing that, hand the money over, shure what could go wrong???.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Gmens12 wrote: »
    I also will be buying the property outright

You'll more than likely be buying a leasehold interest in the property. Buying without the benefit of a solicitor's advice is likely to be very expensive down the line.

Advertisement