Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Riello Rdb oil burner not firing

• 09-03-2020 7:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭

Hoping someone might have experienced similar before. Our boiler is coming on, making the usual noise at the start but the burner doesn't fire up, you can usually hear it squirting fuel after a few seconds and then it fires up, but at the min it's just on with a low noise and nothing else happens.

Anyone experience similar and is there anything I can try? It'll be a few days before a plumber can have a look

The oil did run out last Sunday, we got oil Monday and it ran away grand all week until last night.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Are you familiar with the procedure for clearing an air lock?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

I am, I did it last week and it worked fine for the week, It's not pumping fuel it seems, its not kicking in like it usually does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Bleed it again. That is your first port of call.

listermint wrote: »
    Bleed it again. That is your first port of call.

I did, but bleeding it does nothing because the burner isn't kicking in. Usually when I bleed it, the burner kicks in, air splutters out, burner cuts out and repeat twice usually and the burner stays going. Open the valve now and a continuous flow of oil slowly comes out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭coxy123

Hi garv123, I'm not an expert and can't even advise what to exactly check for but I had a similar issue to you some years back.
    Ran out of fuel, bled it, worked for a day or so and then stopped.
    Issue was with the pump - had to be replaced - I think it got damaged with all the bleeding I did to get working.

• Advertisement

Plumber called out today, replaced the solinoid and all was good again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭coxy123

Good to hear you got sorted.:)

Advertisement