Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Receiver's bank code' for US transfer (AIB)?

• 09-03-2020 8:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

What can I use as 'receiver's bank code' for a US intl. transfer? It's a mandatory field alongside BIC but sort code (what's normally input here) doesn't exist in the US.
    • I asked AIB on Twitter - they told me to select IBAN transfer option and I wouldn't need it.
    • I told AIB IBAN doesn't exist for US banks - they told me to ask the bank for their "bank code" (they said there's no other name for it).
    • I asked the US bank (Citibank NY) for their "bank code" - they told me there's no such thing but that they had an ABA code.
    • I asked AIB I could use ABA code - they said no but a sort code would work.
    • I told AIB there's no such thing as a sort code in the USA - they apologised for any inconvenience.
    Surely someone has successfully completed a US intl. transfer from AIB? Please help :D
    I tried putting in BIC twice and it didn't work.

Advertisement