Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why so many questions from eir?

• 09-03-2020 8:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭

I was thinking of switching to eir recently and as I was going through the purchase process to buy broadband and phone package they asked me some strange questions. First few were fine name, address, package I wanted and price, my date of birth. Then was I employed, if I Owen a house or rented. It was at this point I refused to answer and was told if I didn't answer, I couldn't have the package. Surely they can't ask these questions. I was told it was for a credit something and I asked for themselves or a third party and was told just them. Well I didn't get it after but am annoyed I got asked such personal questions. Any one else get this, any reason for the questions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭mickuhaha

I made a mistake in the title it should be eir not sky. Maybe mod can edit.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

I've changed your thread title - you might consider posting this in the Talk to eir forum ? I'm happy to leave it here in any case.

/Mod Hat Off

I wouldnt be surprised to be asked those questions if I was signing up for a service from a BB provider - they're usually checking if you're going to be able to meet the costs of the service for the contract period etc. I suspect you'd be asked the same questions by any provider, its been a long time since I ve signed up with one.

Ritz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭ratracer

The Ritz wrote: »
    Mod Comment

I've changed your thread title - you might consider posting this in the Talk to eir forum ? I'm happy to leave it here in any case.

/Mod Hat Off

I wouldnt be surprised to be asked those questions if I was signing up for a service from a BB provider - they're usually checking if you're going to be able to meet the costs of the service for the contract period etc. I suspect you'd be asked the same questions by any provider, its been a long time since I ve signed up with one.

Ritz.

Ah, talk to eir is long gone from around here....

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

@ratracer,

My bad.... senior moment !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

I wouldn't be over surprised at those questions. Employment one is about understanding if you can pay each month and the own or rent could because they may have to drill to install (happened with Sky with us) and they need to know if you're renting and have permission to make alterations to the house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭mickuhaha

a person who is unemployed could be in a position to pay. Could have won the lottery. Asking about own or rent was nothing to do with cables as they asked if I was already receiving a working service and who it was with. I have also got cables ran in rented accomodation in the past without being asked. I was told all I would require would be the eir modem. The questions seem to profile the consumer , something that I thought financial institutions could do to ascertain repayment probability.

Advertisement