Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Use Irish visa debit card in UK

Options
  • 09-03-2020 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi, I am buying a car for approx 15000GBP in a couple of days in the UK. Will I be able to pay for this with my Irish BOI visa debit card and will it be instantly paid if so?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi Tomcorcoran,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

So long as you have cleared and available funds, the transaction should be able to be made on your Visa Debit Card and would be completed at the card terminal.

We would just ask to ensure we have up to date contact information for you, as our Card Security Team may text/email you asking to confirm the transaction. If this does occur, you can simply reply with 'yes' and the transaction will be completed as normal.

If you do not receive an SMS and the terminal is rejecting the payment, the merchant will need to call the number on the back of the machine to ensure the payment completes.

I hope this helps.

Thanks, Aisling.

Advertisement