Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPX 760 Not Working

Options
  • 09-03-2020 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I upgraded to a GPX 760, when I swap in the new card, BIOS comes up fine but when Windows starts to load the screen goes black and remains black.
    I can get into the Windows recovery menu, but it won't even start in Safe Mode.
    I don't have on-board video so can't get in that way.

AMD Ryzen 3,500 quad
    8Gb
    500w
    Win 10 Pro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

The GTX 760 is a pretty old card at this point... it could be faulty? Strange that you are getting display up to recovery but not in safe mode. Mostly eliminates a driver issue. Do you have both power connectors in the GPU?

Can you give us a little more information what lead to you choosing to upgrade the GPU? Might help with diagnosing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Homelander

Yes, are you sure you have the right card? A GTX760 is very old and a terrible power guzzler for pretty low performance, I can't imagine how it could be an upgrade for a modern system! It's quite likely just the card is faulty.

Advertisement