Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭slimboyfat

muffler wrote: »
    Please dont troll

It was only meant as a joke, I don't see how you consider this trolling.

Well come the 12th April the 5km rules is no more by the look of things and about time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭trixi001

JoannieG wrote: »
    I'm livid! I was outside my house a few minutes ago when a jeep with a man, woman, and a few kids pulled up. They asked for directions to a local beauty spot. The place they were looking for is 11k from my house, so I reminded them that we're in lock-down and should not be outside our 5k limit. The woman told me she lived locally but she doesn't, she lives in Letterkenny, 20k from here. Her husband is the vice-principal of a secondary school. So much for lockdown! If we can't trust people like him to lead by example, why should the rest of us bother?

How do you know if they have moved house - they may have moved in with an elderly parent to keep them company or anything..

I would say living within 20k is local anyway, okay maybe its not with the 5k limit, but she is local by the normal definition of the word.

By this stage people need to get out for their own mental health and unless you are close the the family - you can't know their situation.

I have auditory nerve issues, which mean i can't really walk around busy roads as the traffic noise sets of a major headache - sometimes i go out for a walk late at night but today, but i think should be able to go for a walk during the day too - so today I went for a walk on the beach which was probably about 10km away, but i considered it essential for me, someone seeing me over 5k away would have no notion about my personal health issue!

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Floody Boreland

20k is local anyway:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Sooner were able to move a bit free and people are allowed to get back to work the better, in my own area at the moment and reading the last few posts people are starting to turn on one another and starting to let what a small minority are doing annoy them. Personally I think the young people have done brilliant and they have suffered the most in all of this. Hopefully we can hold out a while longer without neighbour's and families falling out and with a glimmer of an end in sight hopefully this lockdown will be the last.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭The Assistinator

So more bad news out of letterkenny hospital supposedly a large outbreak In the maternity ward not good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,382 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

So more bad news out of letterkenny hospital supposedly a large outbreak In the maternity ward not good news.

:( i was wondering where the numbers were coming form we seemed to be on a nice downward trend for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭JoannieG

My information (from a usually reliable source) was that there were only two cases from the hospital but that a large number of the cases originated from a house party.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭The Assistinator

JoannieG wrote: »
    My information (from a usually reliable source) was that there were only two cases from the hospital but that a large number of the cases originated from a house party.
    Yeah heard same this afternoon from someone who works in the ward hopefully true. Would be one of the worst places for it to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Has anyone received a vaccination appointment for the Letterkenny Mass Vaccination Centre? A couple of relatives in the 60-69 group have registered last week on the HSE portal but heard nothing yet.

Reports in the main Boards Coronavirus forum indicate that vaccinations in other parts of the country are flying ahead. I'm sure that the AZ delivery delays aren't helping distribution, especially going forward, but there surely must be some vaccinations happening in Donegal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Im registered myself but havent heard anything yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lc180

Im registered myself but havent heard anything yet

How does it work if you don't mind me asking. Do you register online first and the HSE allocate you a date/time?

lc180 wrote: »
    How does it work if you don't mind me asking. Do you register online first and the HSE allocate you a date/time?
    You register online and that entails inputting the usual details (name, age, address etc) but in doing all that you are creating an account as such. You have to use a password so presumably that will be used again at some stage. Im not really sure what happens after that. Im assuming the HSE then contact you by text, email or both with an appointment time for the vaccination.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭frank8211

You register online and that entails inputting the usual details (name, age, address etc) but in doing all that you are creating an account as such. You have to use a password so presumably that will be used again at some stage. Im not really sure what happens after that. Im assuming the HSE then contact you by text, email or both with an appointment time for the vaccination.

Yes, that seems to be the way it works for a few that I heard of

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Over on the vaccine thread (main Coronavirus forum) someone has reported that the texts sent out for the NW area went into the ether and appointments for Sligo were a bit of a last minute scramble. Some didn't receive a second text notification until after their appointments were missed. It was supposed to be at least 3 days notice.

It might be advisable for anyone waiting for an appointment to log back in to the HSE portal and check their status. I've checked already for my relatives, but I suspect the Letterkenny centre may not have started calling anyone yet - I'd like to know if I'm wrong if anyone knows?

I was talking to a neighbour earlier and he was telling me that he and his wife registered and he's getting his vaccine on Friday morning and she's getting hers on Friday afternoon. So 2 trips for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

My mum (68) registered the day it went live and she's in this Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

LYIT looks really quiet any time I go past. I expected the car park to be full and people walking in and out all the time, even if socially distant

LYIT looks really quiet any time I go past. I expected the car park to be full and people walking in and out all the time, even if socially distant

my OH works in sligo IT, students are only in for labs lectures are online so i assume lyit is the same

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

my OH works in sligo IT, students are only in for labs lectures are online so i assume lyit is the same

Sorry, I meant the vaccination centre there. The signs are up but it seems empty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭Nollog

I had the same thought last week walking past it, both my parents got their first AZ vaccine down in Tipperary last weekend, I've not seen much traffic aside from lads shooting lasers down the road here.

Sorry, I meant the vaccination centre there. The signs are up but it seems empty.

ah , you'd think they'd be trying to push vaccines and open walking test in centres in the north east of the county seeing as we now have the highest 14 day rate in the country again !

last i looked the SW hardly had any cases and it seemed that case were clustered around buncrana/ milford area

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

I got my vaccine the week before last in LYIT (medically vulnerable), they ask you to park behind the place so you wouldn't really see it from the road. There was a steady stream in and out when I was there

RoYoBo wrote: »
    It might be advisable for anyone waiting for an appointment to log back in to the HSE portal and check their status.
    Done that a little while ago and the status is showing as "awaiting appointment".

Hopefully we'll be notified in the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭kathleen37

I had a phone call Tuesday morning for an appointment Sunday morning at LYIT. I'm more than grateful (medical not age)

I have absolutely no issue what vaccine I receive either. Just grateful to be getting one.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,610 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

kathleen37 wrote: »
    I had a phone call Tuesday morning for an appointment Sunday morning at LYIT. I'm more than grateful (medical not age)

I have absolutely no issue what vaccine I receive either. Just grateful to be getting one.

Don't worry about what vaccine they give you.

Remember, despite all the media hysteria, if the entire country got one vaccine (say AZ) then the number of people likely to die from a blood clot would fill one car.

My wife got a call from the local surgery less than an hour ago asking if she wanted the vaccine as they had a few left over. She was told to get there immediately so I drove her there and we're back at home again now. She gets the second dose on 23 May.

Before anyone asks she has underlying health issues :)

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭JoannieG

My wife got a call from the local surgery less than an hour ago asking if she wanted the vaccine as they had a few left over. She was told to get there immediately so I drove her there and we're back at home again now. She gets the second dose on 23 May.

Before anyone asks she has underlying health issues :)

Fair play! It's good to see that they are calling the right people.

Anyone care to explain why Donegal has such high number on a regular basis? ( 84 today is just crazy )

• Advertisement

84 new cases reported today which is very concerning. You'd have to back to the second half of January to see a similar number. Seems there are clusters/outbreaks in Loretto college and also the Royal & Prior school in Raphoe. I was talking to a medical profession at the weekend and was told that there are quite a number of new cases in Castlefinn also.

Advertisement