Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Test centre at St. Conals flat to the mat today

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Was in my local shop yesterday evening and 5 people from across the border were strolling round the shop with no masks. Going to be an interesting summer. I suppose that there is no cure for ignorance.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Was in my local shop yesterday evening and 5 people from across the border were strolling round the shop with no masks. Going to be an interesting summer. I suppose that there is no cure for ignorance.
    Unfortunately its not just people from across the border who are refusing to wear masks.

I think shop owners need to take a little responsibility also.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭slimboyfat

muffler wrote: »
    Unfortunately its not just people from across the border who are refusing to wear masks.

Having spoken to one shop owner on that subject, they said its not worth the hassle or stress, as they may as well be talking to a brick wall, these people just don't care or are anti mask.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Agree but if it was me holidaying in another county where the vaccine is not being rolled out as quickly as where I am from and numbers so high I would be especially conscious of the fact not to be seen as an ignoramouus .
    Shop owners, bar owners and restaurants are going to be in for an interesting time this summer, it's the staff I feel sorry for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,609 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Problem is, people from the north may well be vaccinated and think it's fine for them to not wear masks in Irish shops.

But the jury is out as to whether vaccinated people can still be a carrier and spreader of the virus, so when in Rome they should do as asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

NIMAN wrote: »
    Problem is, people from the north may well be vaccinated and think it's fine for them to not wear masks in Irish shops.

But the jury is out as to whether vaccinated people can still be a carrier and spreader of the virus, so when in Rome they should do as asked.

I would say its more likely that they're anti vax and won't wear a mask rather than they've been vaccinated and innocently thinking they don't need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,587 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Mr.Sir wrote: »
    The Indian variant has to be here now since its next door.

Eh? There were cases discovered in the south before the north.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Full year out until the 19th in one secondary school in the West of the county

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

What age range is being vaccinated in Donegal? I see from another thread that 53/54 year old's are getting it in Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

dinorebel wrote:
    What age range is being vaccinated in Donegal? I see from another thread that 53/54 year old's are getting it in Cork.

My uncle, 65, was done on Saturday and my Father, 62, has an appointment on Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭JoannieG

My husband is 61 and has heard nothing yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Heard on the radio on Friday they were doing, I think , 63+

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

My uncle is 68 and just got his first jab yesterday.

JoannieG wrote: »
    My husband is 61 and has heard nothing yet.
    When did he register on the HSE portal?

After I registered I waited about 10 days before I got an appointment (by text)

I have a friend in Kerry who registered on Saturday and got their first jab yesterday.

My question is, does Donegal appear to be slower in vaccinating the age groups compare to the rest of the country?

26th April, the first day 61 year olds were allowed to register.

JoannieG wrote: »
    26th April, the first day 61 year olds were allowed to register.
    Maybe thats the acceptable timeframe but to me its way too long to be waiting. He may have slipped through the net so its probably best to call them on their help line 1850241850

Maybe thats the acceptable timeframe but to me its way too long to be waiting. He may have slipped through the net so its probably best to call them on their help line 1850241850

I think so too. I'll get him to call that number. Thanks!

slimboyfat wrote: »
    I have a friend in Kerry who registered on Saturday and got their first jab yesterday.

My question is, does Donegal appear to be slower in vaccinating the age groups compare to the rest of the country?
    Im fairly sure there was someone from the HSE or Dept Health on Highland radio recently and they said there was no such thing as having to wait longer based on county. I suppose they would say that anyhow.

• Advertisement

Think they said you'll be contacted with an appointment in 3 weeks on Highland the last day. May have been 4.
    They also said they're looking at getting those from places like Ballyshannon and Bundoran set up for appointments in Sligo as it would be closer

He was just about to call when he got a text - appointment at 10am on Saturday! :)

My sister in law was told by her GP to get a test done. Im not sure how this came about but she had to call then ear;ier today and they asked her to pick a time that suited her as they werent busy. They also said they had very little for testing yesterday. Anyhow when she went for her test she got straight through - no queues. Things might be improving on the testing front.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

CastorTroy wrote: »
    They also said they're looking at getting those from places like Ballyshannon and Bundoran set up for appointments in Sligo as it would be closer
    They're already doing that, and have been doing so for a few weeks.
    (In the vaccine centres - dunno if you're talking about something else)

My sister in law was told by her GP to get a test done. Im not sure how this came about but she had to call then ear;ier today and they asked her to pick a time that suited her as they werent busy. They also said they had very little for testing yesterday. Anyhow when she went for her test she got straight through - no queues. Things might be improving on the testing front.

They were out to the gate on Saturday afternoon,

Ficheall wrote: »
    They're already doing that, and have been doing so for a few weeks.
    (In the vaccine centres - dunno if you're talking about something else)

Yeah, vaccine centres. Someone had text in to ask about it and that was the reply. Maybe it might be other areas that aren't already being sent to Sligo he was on about, but I'm sure he said those ones

12 new cases announced this evening so that would be the result of fewer tests having been carried out as I mentioned earlier. Doesnt necessarily reflect the true figures though.

They were out to the gate on Saturday afternoon,
    Dont doubt it but yesterday and today were extremely quiet it seems.

Dont doubt it but yesterday and today were extremely quiet it seems.

Aye but as is always the case here in Donegal, a few days of low number and then bang, back to where we started.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

Two of my in-laws got the vaccine in letterkenny today both 63

Advertisement