Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is there a tandem forum or subforum ?

Options
  • 09-03-2020 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

is there anywhere to post tandem specific stuff on this site ?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,580 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

wsa30h wrote: »
    is there anywhere to post tandem specific stuff on this site ?
    In this forum, it's the general cycling forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭wsa30h

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭8valve

Blatant thread hijack!!

An elderly gent I know has two tandems in his loft; a Gitane and a LeJeune.

Is there any market for these as he has no use for them any more?

They'd both need a service/overhaul as they've being hanging/dry stored for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭wsa30h

am pretty sure someone would buy those. and if anyone has an 3 adult triple then definitely let me know. even a micargi triple.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,580 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

8valve wrote: »
    Blatant thread hijack!!

They'd both need a service/overhaul as they've being hanging/dry stored for years.
    my wife - a non-cyclist - has just taken a notion about us buying a tandem, maybe she expects i'll do most of the work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

8valve wrote: »
    Blatant thread hijack!!

Absolutely people will buy. Tandems don't last long on done deal and I've been on the lookout for them

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭roadster5

I might be interested in one of those. I already cycle with a visually impaired stoker and I'm in the market for another machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭roadster5

Any chance of a few photos / measurements of the tandems?

roadster5 wrote: »
    Any chance of a few photos / measurements of the tandems?

no problem at all, drop me a pm whenever you get a chance.

my wife - a non-cyclist - has just taken a notion about us buying a tandem, maybe she expects i'll do most of the work.

My better half and I had a loan of a racing tandem a couple of years back and used it on the greenway here in Waterford, just for leisure spins.
    She's neither an experienced or accomplished cyclist by any means but we used to fly on it and it helped her gain a lot of cycling confidence.

• Advertisement
Advertisement