Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 condubh

Gone from a trickle of recruitment to a burst dam.

I suppose they know now that PUP is about to transition to regular dole and for all the “positive indicators” and talk of a bounce back there will more than likely be high unemployment for like 10 years, if the last global economic collapse is anything to go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mcgonagall7

Has anyone assigned to DEASP in the last couple of weeks/months heard back from HR or have you started even ?

I started two months ago. It was just over a month from when I was told my department to when I started. Can't fault the HR girl that I was dealing with at all, she answered all my emails straight away and was very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 StevenBeven

Hi, I have an interview for Clerical Officer on Wednesday. I have reviewed the competencies and prepared my STAR stories. With regard to the "drive and committment to public service values" competency, what questions have been asked? I have examples for all the other competencies but am a bit unsure regarding that one. Would be really grateful for help and insight. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sarah_87

I was assigned to Deasp weeks ago I haven't heard a thing. Emailed clearance and they came back to me and said "The Department of Social Protection got back to me that they are currently working through an unprecedented volume of assignments. You will be contacted in the coming weeks"

I was the same. Got an email 5 weeks ago saying I was being placed in deasp and then nothing. But I followed up and got my call with start date today!!!

Keep following up

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ioanamiron2014

tiny14 wrote: »
    Thanks very much its complete since thursday so was just wondering as im working at moment & will have to work out notice!!

In my case, it took about 6 weeks and only after emailing PAS I got the start date. No idea why this delay, but they've been very supportive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭tiny14

In my case, it took about 6 weeks and only after emailing PAS I got the start date. No idea why this delay, but they've been very supportive.

Thanks for reply!! PAS gave me the email for the garda section so do you think id mail them or PAS thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Thanks for reply!! PAS gave me the email for the garda section so do you think id mail them or PAS thanks

Garda section you've been assigned to. Many places are crying out for COs so I'm surprised it's taken this long for them to get in touch.

Garda section you've been assigned to. Many places are crying out for COs so I'm surprised it's taken this long for them to get in touch.

Got vetting through last week & yes its AGS im being assingned to so i might get something this week as my boss was asking when im planning to leave!!

Got vetting through last week & yes its AGS im being assingned to so i might get something this week as my boss was asking when im planning to leave!!

You seemed to indicate you know what section within the guards you've been assigned to, may be I picked you up wrong. If you do know it's worth firing off an email to give them a nudge in getting you on board.

You seemed to indicate you know what section within the guards you've been assigned to, may be I picked you up wrong. If you do know it's worth firing off an email to give them a nudge in getting you on board.[/

The only info i got was i going to AGS so i might give it a couple of days and see what happens!! My boss was contacted for reference so she was asking me did i no when i was leaving & thanks for the help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Good luck Lady

May I ask how soon after you received your Garda Clearance where you offered a position?

The only info i got was i going to AGS so i might give it a couple of days and see what happens!! My boss was contacted for reference so she was asking me did i no when i was leaving & thanks for the help

Ah right I get ya. In that case I'd keep dealing with PAS.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭DundalkFan86

Hey

Just wondering want sort of questions are asked in the interview

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Marksman73

Anyone on batch 24 get called, last I heard was no. 13. Anybody later than that

May I ask how soon after you received your Garda Clearance where you offered a position?

I was told i was being considered for AGS before my vetting & got a call this evening with my start date & where im going

Ah right I get ya. In that case I'd keep dealing with PAS.

Got the call this evening with my start date and department so im delighted its all sorted so thanks for replying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,366 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Q1. What is the salary scale for a clerical offer over 5, 10, 15, 20 years please.
    Q2. What is the difference between civil service and public service. From my understanding civil service get paid a lot more.
    Q3. Can you give me an example of jobs/job titles that fall under civil service employment
    Q4. Can you give me an idea of any course that would help transition from labourer to civil servie job thanks

A1. https://www.forsa.ie/about-forsa/divisions/civil-service/civil-service-pay-scales/

A2. That would be an ecumenical matter

A3. See the link from A1

A4. Any course with a decent amount of Microsoft office applications. My wife did a good one through FAS. A 2 year business administration course that set her up very well for life in the civil service

A2. For an equivalent grade it's about the same in regards to pay.
    A3. For Clerical Officers specifically the work can be very diverse, from manning a counter to taking 999 calls. Mostly though it's fairly routine work.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 imagusaran

This might be a stupid question but does the pay of a Clerical Officer increase year on year or is it every few years? Just wondering as I thought it was on year on year but can't really find confirmation of it anywhere. I know the Forsa site shows the different rates but it doesn't actually say how often it increases. Thanks

imagusaran wrote: »
    This might be a stupid question but does the pay of a Clerical Officer increase year on year or is it every few years? Just wondering as I thought it was on year on year but can't really find confirmation of it anywhere. I know the Forsa site shows the different rates but it doesn't actually say how often it increases. Thanks

Every year (subject to satisfactory performance) you get an increment, at point 4 and 8 you skip onto point 5 and 9 respectively.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Ballyman23

Hi guys,
    Does anyone know how far they have gone on the OOM in Cork? I emailed them but haven’t heard anything back. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Hanaolosdad

Hello

Anyone who has interviewed recently in Limerick...how long were you waiting for a result

• Registered Users Posts: 46 imagusaran

Every year (subject to satisfactory performance) you get an increment, at point 4 and 8 you skip onto point 5 and 9 respectively.

I know about the increment but just say after a year of being a Clerical Officer, do I move to point 2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Ballyman23 wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Does anyone know how far they have gone on the OOM in Cork? I emailed them but haven’t heard anything back. Thanks!

Early 200s

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mackers10

Just got my contract for county council clerical officer today. Delighted!
    I’ve been holding off handing in my notice until I got the contract but am I now 100% safe to bite the bullet now that I have the contract?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭skidmarkoner

Got a message on psa saying department that I am being offered today and they would be in touch. But at the bottom. It said subject to all security checks. I have completed all garda vetting and references so I'm not sure what security checks they mean anyone any idea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭skidmarkoner

Got a message on psa saying department that I am being offered today and they would be in touch. But at the bottom. It said subject to all security checks. I have completed all garda vetting and references so I'm not sure what security checks they mean anyone any idea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭Bicyclette

imagusaran wrote: »
    I know about the increment but just say after a year of being a Clerical Officer, do I move to point 2?

Increment means going up a step.

When you start, you start at Point 1 on the scale. There is a salary for that scale.

At the end of the year, if your performance is acceptable, you move to Point 2 on the scale. You are then paid the salary for that Point on the scale. And so on.

If you don't progress to the next point on the scale due to an unsatisfactory evaluation, then you don't get paid the salary associated with that scale. You continue to be paid the salary for the scale you are on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Marksman73

I wouldn’t worry too much as that is standard wording they use all the time. Do you mind me asking what county and place where you? Are you on the Dublin panel and batch and number? My partner is on the Dublin panel batch 24 106 so just trying to see where pas is now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭damienf1

Hi as anyone done the interview for civil service in Donegal? If so have they heard anything or know when start taking people on again

Advertisement