Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,109 ✭✭✭Guffy

allysangel wrote: »
    It’s years since I applied for a CO post , they used to post out results then. Can anybody tell me will you be told ‘you placed x in OOM’ or do they just say that you were successful/unsuccessful in going forward to interview stage ?

You'll be told "batch x, position y" for each region you selected if i recall correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 allysangel

Guffy wrote: »
    You'll be told "batch x, position y" for each region you selected if i recall correctly.

Thanks Guffy

• Registered Users Posts: 9 The Wandering Man

Gaffer78 wrote: »
    The OOM from the questionnaire stage will determine who gets called to interview stage. Interview will then be either a pass or a fail and your original OOM will stay with you as you wait to be assigned. Thats my understanding.

OOM can change based on interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Hurdig

There was a CO competition in Dublin in 2019, think it's near end. There are many retiring from different Departments over next few years. Know in one Department there will be 300+ retirements each year for next 3 years. Therefore CO recruitment will be happening depending on demand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,034 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Hurdig wrote: »
    There was a CO competition in Dublin in 2019, think it's near end. There are many retiring from different Departments over next few years. Know in one Department there will be 300+ retirements each year for next 3 years. Therefore CO recruitment will be happening depending on demand

Automation has vastly reduced the demand for CO'S.

Some jobs are being kept unautomated until current staff retire. But don't expect to see them all replaced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Automation has vastly reduced the demand for CO'S.

Some jobs are being kept unautomated until current staff retire. But don't expect to see them all replaced.

Guards looking for an additional 500+ COs alone. This automation malarkey is always over stated.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭ShellBell89

Guards looking for an additional 500+ COs alone. This automation malarkey is always over stated.

Sorry but what do you mean by automation.. Might be a stupid question

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Gaffer78

Sorry but what do you mean by automation.. Might be a stupid question

Just computers, systems and 'bots' now doing the jobs that typically a clerical staff member would have been tasked with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Know a few CO's that worked in Garda Stations.
    The level and quantity of filing and duplication and storage of paper documents is immense, and probably immune to "automation".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,034 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Ever heard of PMOD? The number of paper forms handled by that one department has reduced hugely. Staff balance and mix has changed, and continues to change to reflect new skill needs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 bluesky1234

Is there flexie time in garda stations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Is there flexie time in garda stations

Depends on the station.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭acawarrior

Guffy wrote: »

Is there so many per batch? Is it a case of all batch 1 being interviewed before going to batch 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭tiny14

Best of luck to everybody but suspense is killing me dont no why as i applied last 2 campaigns but never reached my number lol im just hoping this time ive better chance with aptitude tests gone as i was never fond of them!! Hopepfully we may hear tomorrow or friday🀞🀞

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭xxsammyxx085

Wondering if today will be the day 🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 12 vicky1274

I really hope so, it's been 4 weeks and I'm dying to know

Prob be tomorrow now before we hear hopefully unless they release them after lunch just dying to know either way!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Jamescahill

Hopefully today’s the day !

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Yukuza2008

Has anybody got the email yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭tritriagain

Do they provide training for each individual role or are you expected to sink or swim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Do they provide training for each individual role or are you expected to sink or swim.

Sit in with someone, and watch how it's done...
    ( not easily done when you have to keep 2 metres away!)

Yukuza2008 wrote: »
    Has anybody got the email yet?
    nothing yet but hopefully today & good luvk

Thank you for your email.

We are currently processing the results and hope to release them as soon as possible. Candidates will receive an update as to potential interview dates when they receive their results.

We are currently processing the results and hope to release them as soon as possible. Candidates will receive an update as to potential interview dates when they receive their results.

Doesn't look like it will be today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Doesn't look like it will be today

Very disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 The Wandering Man

Very disappointing.

Communication has been terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭ShellBell89

Thanks for sharing your update Sammy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Don't rule out today just yet, was just checking me message board on public jobs and I got issued interview results at 18.17, stage 2 results at 16.30 and stage 1 results at 18.36 in the 2016 campaign.

There's a few hours left in the day yet, having said that Covid-19 may influence things but surely them results are automated and as such require very little human interaction.

Don't rule out today just yet, was just checking me message board on public jobs and I got issued interview results at 18.17, stage 2 results at 16.30 and stage 1 results at 18.36 in the 2016 campaign.

There's a few hours left in the day yet, having said that Covid-19 may influence things but surely them results are automated and as such require very little human interaction.

I surely she would have said they are hoping to have them out today at some stage??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭EO2019

Think I’m just giving up on results today ��

Advertisement