Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ladz

Hi guys can any of you remember if they asked any questions about previous experience on the questionnaire? I have a vague recollection of a couple of questions like any previous co experience or how many years admin experience, but it could be from another one i did for someplace else. I just don't understand how they can shortlist for interview without tests or at least some idea of experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

ladz wrote: »
    Hi guys can any of you remember if they asked any questions about previous experience on the questionnaire? I have a vague recollection of a couple of questions like any previous co experience or how many years admin experience, but it could be from another one i did for someplace else. I just don't understand how they can shortlist for interview without tests or at least some idea of experience.

Yeah they did ask about previous admin experience (in the public service, outside of the public sector & in academic/college environments).

I think in short the pool of candidates was expected to be smaller due to the improved economy (before COVID-19). the Verbal/ Numerical reasoning test are good for weeding out candidate when there is a large volume of application however they don't necessarily relate to the work of a CO.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 MCLAW

Really thought we would have heard on Friday. Hopefully won't be too much longer, God I hope I get through to interview! Best of luck to everyone ðŸ™ðŸ€

• Registered Users Posts: 26 MCLAW

Really thought we would have heard on Friday. Hopefully won't be too much longer, God I hope I get through to interview! Best of luck to everyone ðŸ™ðŸ€

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

It’s unlikely to be today either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭xxsammyxx085

job seeker wrote: »
    It’s unlikely to be today either.

No not with the bank holiday

No not with the bank holiday

Totally forgot it was a bank holiday weekend! Apologies! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

job seeker wrote: »
    Totally forgot it was a bank holiday weekend! Apologies! :o

You won't do that when you're a CO .... :D

Nekarsulm wrote: »

Definitely not! :D I’m not working these days. So I’m all mixed up in the days..

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭doc22

Nekarsulm wrote: »

I don't know these days WFH work and non work time seem to blend together

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭alanbyrne1982

abbeybella wrote: »
    I emailed them and they replied that they hope to have results by April 30th so hopefully have them Thursday, Good Luck to everyone😊

I've been told the results will be out this Friday the 08/05

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

I've been told the results will be out this Friday the 08/05

Who told you that?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭ShellBell89

The suspense is killing me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Mark37

Hi Folks, could anyone provide me with a list of all the different organisations that are covered under this recruitment of CO's? as in a list of the places you could be offered a job...

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭xxsammyxx085

Mark37 wrote: »
    Hi Folks, could anyone provide me with a list of all the different organisations that are covered under this recruitment of CO's? as in a list of the places you could be offered a job...

Thanks

I'm not sure where you can find a list but I think its anywhere from a garda station to tax office to county council.. agricultural departments... hospitals... social welfare office... things like that

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭EO2019

This is only a civil service only competition so doesn’t include public service ie hospitals or councils.

https://hr.per.gov.ie/wp-content/uploads/List-of-organisations-per-zone.pdf

This link is a list of organisations by location that can recruit for this competition.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I'm guessing, the same as most people, there would be places on that list were people would love to work and others where people might be dreading being offered. I know you've to take what ever your offered but once inside, can you request internal transfer to a particular organisation over time, should one arise, ? example, if youd an interest in working in agriculture, could you request a transfer to dept of agriculture should one arise ?

There is a mobility scheme in the civil service. You have to do 2 years in one location to be eligible to transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Laura99

Just got a message now, I'm around 310 in my area. Kind of disappointed. My score was 5046 out of a possible 8000.

I only got the results for one area by applied for two, will the second one follow or is that it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Laura99 wrote: »
    Just got a message now, I'm around 310 in my area. Kind of disappointed. My score was 5046 out of a possible 8000.

I only got the results for one area by applied for two, will the second one follow or is that it.
    Depending on your area that might not be so bad. I was 306 in Cork, then jumped to 156 after stage 2 and job eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭natc

Depending on your area that might not be so bad. I was 306 in Cork, then jumped to 156 after stage 2 and job eventually.

It’s a different process now though. Next stage is interview so OOM won’t change after that. It’s whether the people ahead of you pass or fail the interview that will determine if you will likely get called quicker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 vicky1274

Did anyone else get results? I've not received anything yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭Conqueror

The result for your second county will follow.

As others have said, 310th can be quite a good rank, depending on your county. It's worth remembering that not everyone above you will pass the next stage(s), so you may well have a shot at placing higher on the final panel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

vicky1274 wrote: »
    Did anyone else get results? I've not received anything yet.

Nothing here either yet

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Yazzy124

I got 96. When is the next county coming out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭Pronto63

Conqueror wrote: »
    The result for your second county will follow.

As others have said, 310th can be quite a good rank, depending on your county. It's worth remembering that not everyone above you will pass the next stage(s), so you may well have a shot at placing higher on the final panel.

Not everyone that passes the interview will accept a job offer.

Some people put themselves through this as practice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Keep the chin up, depending on your county things can move quite fast, people not passing interview stage, people turning down roles, getting roles in other countys etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭tringle

natc wrote: »
    It’s a different process now though. Next stage is interview so OOM won’t change after that. It’s whether the people ahead of you pass or fail the interview that will determine if you will likely get called quicker.

MY OOM changed ast time after the interview. The gave new ones after everyone in you batch was interviewed. Some went up and some went down so it wasnt just moved due to failures or no shows. Same with last TCO interview I did.
    But who knows what they will do this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭EO2019

Any info about interviews with the result?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Cloggerson

What is a good OOM? I got 71

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭claregal1

Also got results for my first county ..29 so pretty pleased with that.

Advertisement